Update: The winners have been chosen!
In 200 words or less, tell us how your favorite Firefox Add-on makes your day more productive, saves you money, or just makes you happy. A special panel of judges will pick 10 finalists, and the AMO community will pick 3 winners. Each winner will receive an Android tablet and be featured on the addons.mozilla.org homepage!
Contest period: April 24, 2012 – June 24, 2012
How to Enter
To enter the contest:
- Write a review of your favorite add-on at https://addons.mozilla.org
- Send us a link to it using this form
To get the link to your review, click on “permalink” above your review and copy the URL:
10 finalists will be selected by a panel of judges on or about July 4, 2012. The community will then select the final three winners based on the following criteria:
- Is your story compelling?
- How creative is your use of your favorite add-on?
- Does your review capture the “spirit” of the AMO community?
Voting will end on or about July 18, 2012, and the winners will be announced on or about August 1, 2012.
- Ken Saunders | Mozilla Contributor
Ken has been volunteering for Mozilla since 2005 and is the creator and project manager of Access Firefox. He’s also an Add-ons developer, Mozilla Accessibility steward, and a self-proclaimed add-ons junkie, with 56 add-ons enabled (68 installed).
- Courtney Charet | Mozilla Contributor
Courtney has been a Persona designer and reviewer for over a year. Her Personas adorn the browsers of hundreds of thousands of Firefox users, who love her sparkly, flowing designs.
- Jorge Villalobos | Add-ons Developer Relations Lead
Jorge is the Add-ons Developer Relations Lead at Mozilla. He manages the add-ons review team, add-on compatibility, and documentation. You’ll usually find him in his native Costa Rica, glued to his laptop and avoiding sunlight.
- Matej Novak | Mozilla Scribe
Matej is Mozilla’s resident copywriter and all-around word guy. When he’s not working on a website or campaign, you’ll likely find him in a spirited debate about some obscure point of grammar or style—either with someone else or himself.
Three winners will each receive:
- One Android tablet
- AMO homepage feature that includes your name, photo, and story
- Up to 3 entries per person per account
- Open worldwide
- Entry must be written in English
- Add-on must be compatible with latest desktop version of Firefox at the time of judging
- AMO-hosted add-ons only
- Ok to use a previously written review, or edit an existing review. Does not have to be new.