Today we’re launching Web FWD (Web Forward), the community-driven innovation accelerator from Mozilla Labs. Web FWD supports Open Web innovators by providing a space at Mozilla where they can build their products. We are creating a workshop environment where bold ideas can be realized and bare-bones prototypes can develop and go forward as products.
We’ll host small teams at Mozilla’s global offices for four weeks at a time, giving them access to our people, tools and resources, so they can focus on building. We’re looking for playful, useful, original problem-solving applications and tools that make the Web a better place.
During the four week program, teams will work in-house alongside the Mozilla crew. You’ll receive mentorship and guidance from some of the brightest people around, allowing you to focus on bringing your product idea to life.
At the end of four weeks, you’ll have a minimum viable product ready to go out on the Open Web. And together we can decide on how to take this product forward.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work alongside the Mozilla crew in one of our offices
- Access to key Mozilla personnel, introductions to interesting people and industry leaders
- Regular mentorship sessions with experts on technology, scalability, security, marketing, community, and business strategy
- Financial support during the program
- Help with IT infrastructure (servers, software, etc.)
- A great coworking experience with plenty of fun & awesomeness!
What we look for
- The product fits into one of the predefined problem areas
- The product is developed with the traits that are important for the open Web
- The team has at least the kernel of a product (i.e. some working code, not only an idea)
The program runs on a rolling submission schedule with the first spots opening in August. Head over to the Mozilla Labs Web FWD site for more information and submit your application.