Just over a month ago, we had our first open-format contributors meeting. It was wildly successful and we are actively taking your suggestions and ideas and using them to make SUMO better. Thus, you can imagine our excitement in announcing that the next contributors meeting will be in just over a week on March 9th 2009 at 10 AM PDT (don’t forget to turn your clocks forward in the US/Canada the day before!), 1 PM EDT, 5 PM GMT (those of you in the UK and Europe, you change your clocks a couple weeks later so the time difference looks off but it’s not, we promise!), 6 PM CET. The details of how to call in are at the bottom of this post (it’s free using Skype or toll free from the US).
In the meeting, we hope to cover the following topics:
- Followup on last meeting. One of the big suggestions from last meeting was to streamline communication. We’d like to know how we’re doing (now that we’ve increased our blogging frequency and added a twitter feed) and what we could be doing even better. Another suggestion was to make it easier for contributors to get started contributing, we’d like to get feedback from you on we’re doing with that as well.
- Firefox 3.1 KB roundup. Firefox 3.1 will soon be in beta 3 and release is coming up! The knowledge base has incorporated some changes and new articles in preparation for Firefox 3.1 and we want to make sure any questions that you have are cleared up as release day approaches.
- Support Firefox Day 5. With four Support Firefox Days under our belt, the next one is in the works! Currently scheduled for the end of March, the topic will be Firefox 3.1 support (there’s a blog post in the works). Of course, it wouldn’t be an event without input from our contributors … tell us what you’d like to see covered or how we can make the event fun and informative.
- Forum participation. As we work to encourage forum participation, we’re always interested in hearing how we can make the experience better for the contributors or get the word out more.
If there are more things you think we should cover in this or future meetings, just post to this Contributors forum thread!
We look forward to hearing from you on the 9th!
Monday March 9th 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT/5 PM GMT:
- California: 650-903-0800 then extension 92, conference number 280#
- Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92, conference number 280#
- Toll-free (US): 800-707-2533 then password 369, conference number 280#
- Skype (free worldwide): +18007072533 then password 369, conference number 280#
The backchannel (where we post links and share text) is #sumo on irc.mozilla.org and our agenda and notes is on the Mozilla wiki.
If you can’t make the time, never fear, just tell us your thoughts in IRC at any time or call in to one of our weekly phone meetings Mondays at 10 AM PST/1 PM EST/6 PM GMT.