New arrivals to SUMO – looking forward to even more!
Latest SUMO Community meeting video
We met on Monday, as usual – even if there were only a few of us, as everyone was busy celebrating ;-)
You can find the meeting agenda and notes here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sumo-2014-11-10
Next SUMO Community meeting reminder
- Find the agenda here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sumo-2014-11-17
- Remember – if you want to add a discussion topic to the meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting)
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda)
Forum 2.0 update
- The forum filters went live! You can see them in production here.
- Everyone on the team hopes you really like this new feature built with your participation in the design :-) If you notice any issues, please let us know on the forums.
- If you’re interested in the ongoing development of SUMO’s platform (Kitsune), remember that we have the Platform meeting almost every week. Here’s are video and the notes from the last one.
- The “Anniversary Edition” Firefox 33.1 has been out for a while now. Have you had a chance to try the all new Privacy Coach add-on already?
- The Developer Edition is supported by the fine people of the Mozilla Developer Network
- The already impossibly amazing Bangladesh L10ns gave the Fox a great 10th birthday gift. তোমাকে ধন্যবাদ, তোমাকে ধন্যবাদ, তোমাকে ধন্যবাদ!!!
- In the meantime, the Italian L10ns also made the Firefox KB pretty complete. Grazie mille!
- There will be small (and later bigger) improvements to the introduction process of new localizers to SUMO. We are starting a discussion on one of the aspects here, and if L10n is your cup of tea, you should definitely read and reply on that thread.
- More Firefox OS 2.0 updates in English (thank you, Joni!). Localizers, please make sure that you localize them into your language and let me (Michał) know if you have any questions or concerns
Mozilla Guides Community
- You already know we have our SUMO Buddies (more on the Buddy wiki). Now, there’s also a Mozilla-wide initiative to bring all experts that have carried the Mozilla torch so far under one roof. Enter the Mozilla Guides Community, with categories spanning such diverse ways of contributing to Mozilla as testing, teaching, activism, coding, helping (hey, that’s us!), writing, and localization (that’s also us!) If you know someone who wants to start their adventure with Mozilla, but doesn’t know where to go – send them over!
We all hope to see you on Monday, in good health and mood. Remember to s