Hello, SUMO Nation! Time for our weekly updates from the world of SUMO.
New contributors (gonna contribute)!
Reminder: the next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is a special (1 hour long) Tiles Q&A session with Patrick Finch that is going to take place on Monday, 8st of June. Join us! More information in the forum thread.
- If you want to add a discussion topic to upcoming the live meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).,
- We need your suggestions to fix a formatting bug on the Get Involved page – help us find a new, nice font for it and update this bug.
- We are still looking for 2 SUMO localizers with an iOS device for each of the following languages: Japanese, French, Italian, and Spanish, to help us test Firefox for iOS. If you’re interested, get in touch with Roland.
- The latest Platform meeting notes can be found here.
- An important piece of information for all fans of the BuddyUp project: the is arriving with 38.0.5 and will be tested through June.
- There are a few updates related to the arrival of Firefox 38.0.5:
- The SUMO Meetup in Dhaka has taken place over the last weekend, and it was quite something :-) Read more about it here (from Ashickur) and here (from Sashoto). Also, take a look at some of the photos taken there. We are looking forward to more SUMO Meetups like that around the world!
- You have voiced your concerns about the Pocket integration, and we have a thread dedicated to that in the forums – go there for more information.
- Are you new to localizing SUMO and afraid things can go wrong? Worry not! Apart from reading the article about, hm, translating articles (so meta!), now you can play around in our “practice” article which should explain the basics of syntax and provide very important “do & don’t” tips.
Firefox (Desktop, OS, Android) & more
- Firefox 38.0.5 landed with a big thud (including Pocket integration, Hello tab/window sharing, an update to the Reader View, and fixing some slowness issues), and you can learn more about it from Mark in this thread.
There! Short and sweet – but never dull (I can only sincerely hope ;-))! I wish you a great weekend and hope to see you on Monday for our Community Special about Tiles. Take care, friends!