Hello, SUMO Nation!
Starting from this week, we’re moving things around a bit (to keep them fresh and give you more time to digest and reply. The Friday posts are moving to Thursday, and Fridays will be open for guest posts (including yours) – if you’re interested in writing a post for this blog, let me know in the comments.
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
- You can read the notes here and see the video on our YouTube channel and at AirMozilla.
- IMPORTANT: We are considering changing the way the meetings work. Help us figure out what’s best for you – join the discussion on the forums in this thread: (Monday) Community Meetings in 2016.
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- is happening on Monday the 1st of February – join us!
- Reminder: if you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- The new Ask A Question flow is being tested this week, so keep your eyes peeled for novelty ;-)
- You can see the current state of the backlog our developers are working on here.
- The latest SUMO Platform meeting notes can be found here.
- Interested in learning how Kitsune (the engine behind SUMO) works? Read more about it here and fork it on GitHub!
- The Singapore Participation Gathering took place recently and we’re waiting for updates from those of you who made it there.
- The SUMO Event Kit has been updated with swag links for your events!
Ongoing reminder: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support.
- Talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- Today (was/is/will still be for a few hours) a SUMO Day, connected to the release week for Version 44. Keep answering those questions, heroes of the helpful web!
- Version 44 articles have all been updated!
- Firefox for iOS 2.0 articles are ready for localization:
- Dinesh is the new Locale Leader for Telugu – congratulations & thank you for all your hard work so far!
- The Portuguese L10ns have reached this month’s goal of 300 KB articles – thumbs up for the awesome crew from Lusitania! :-) Has your locale reached a milestone? Mark it in the spreadsheet!
- Reminder: we’re talking about helping infrequent contributors get back to us (or helping new ones stay longer with us) – join the discussion!
- for Android
- for Desktop
- for iOS
- 2.0 is still under wraps – thank you for your patience!
That’s it for today, dear SUMOnians! We still have Friday to enjoy, so see you around SUMO and not only… tomorrow!