Hello, SUMO Nation!
How have you been? Apparently it’s the season to be a bit sick here and there… Hopefully you’re all fine and happy! We wish you a moderately easy-going weekend and dive straight into the most recent updates from the world of SUMO. Let’s go!
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
- You can read the notes here and see the video on our YouTube channel and at AirMozilla.
- IMPORTANT: We are considering changing the way the meetings work. Help us figure out what’s best for you – join the discussion on the forums in this thread: (Monday) Community Meetings in 2016.
- We are planning to move the weekly community meeting to a different time slot – please state your preference now!
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on Monday the 15th of February – join us!
- Reminder: if you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- The new Ask A Question is going to be rolled out to 50% of SUMO’s visitors.
- The KPI dashboard has a new addition – the retention chart for incoming contributors. Next up – contributor satisfaction ratings!
- You can see the current state of the backlog our developers are working on here.
- The latest SUMO Platform meeting notes can be found here.
- Do you want to help us build Kitsune (the engine behind SUMO)? Read more about it here and fork it on GitHub!
- If you want to ask a question to Ari (leading Connected Devices), please use this Moderator page (requires a Persona login). The Q&A meeting takes places tomorrow, so be fast about it!
- Final reminder: are you SUMO contributor based in Northern America? Talk to Heather!
- Ongoing reminder: if you want to write a guest blog post for the SUMO blog, let us know in the comments!
Ongoing reminder: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Here’s the kick-off document for the social support program.
- Reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- No updates from the forums… But soon… ;-)
- Lauren did an awesome job and rewrote a whole bunch of articles about contributing to the English Knowledge Base (she also added a few new ones). Please take a look at this thread for more details – and let her know what you think!
- The “Save as Draft” feature has been submitted and released, thanks to Safwan, our resident coding superhero :-) Now, when you localize a long article and need to take a break, you can save a “draft” version to finish it later – and it won’t get in the way of other localizers! Documentation about this coming soon.
- We are deprioritizing Firefox OS content localization for now (more context here). If you have questions about it, let me know.
- Goals for February can be found on your dashboards – go forth and localize!
- Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Polish, and German localizers looking for screenshots for the new Firefox for iOS 2.0 content – look no more! They’re here, courtesy of Joni.
- Do you speak a fringe language or know someone who does? Take a look at this summerlab session in San Sebastian!
- for Android
- Talk about Version 44 in this thread
- Reminder: Version 45 will have a new thread in the Contributor forums – soon!
- for Desktop
- for iOS
- We’re almost there for 2.0… are you ready, iOS users?
There you go, I hope you enjoyed this brief summary of what’s going on with SUMO. Let me know in the comments! Don’t forget to talk to your friends and family about mzl.la/support, mzl.la/help, and maybe even mzl.la/sumodev :-) See you around!