We’re excited to announce that we have 6 candidates for the forth cycle
of the Council elections, scheduled for October 18th. The Council has
carefully reviewed the candidates and agrees that they are all
extremely strong candidates to represent the Mozilla Reps program and
the interests of Reps.
The candidates are:
- Robert “Bob” Reyes.
- Ankit Gadgil.
- San Emmanuel James.
- Rami Khader.
- Luis A. Sánchez.
- Irayani Queencyputri (Rara).
Now, it is up to Reps to elect the candidates to fill the four available
seats for a 12-month term.
As detailed in the wiki, we are now entering the “campaign” phase
of this election cycle. This means that for the next 7 days,
candidates will all have an opportunity to communicate their agenda,
plans, achievements as a Rep/Mentor, and personal strengths, to the
Mozilla Reps voting body. They are encouraged to use their personal
Mozilla Reps profile page, their personal website/blog, Mozilla wiki
page or any other channel that they see fit to post information
regarding your candidacy.
To guide them in this effort, the Council has prepared 6 questions
that each candidate is asked to answer. We had originally wanted to
have candidates go through mozmoderator but due lack of time we will
do this next election cycle. The questions are the following:
- What are the top three issues that you would want the Council to address were you to join the Council?
- What is in your view the Mozilla Reps program’s biggest strength and weakness?
- Identify something that is currently not working well in the Mozilla Reps program and which you think could be easy to fix?
- What past achievement as a Rep or Mentor are you most proud of?
- What are the specific qualities and skills that you have that you think will help you be an effective Council member?
- As a Mentor, what do you do to try to encourage your inactive Mentees to be active again?
In the spirit of innovation and to help bring a human face to the
election process, the Council would like to add a new element to the
campaign: video. This video is optional, but we strongly encourage
candidates to create one.
That’s it for now. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t
hesitate to ask the Council at
reps-council at mozilla dot com
We’ll be giving regular election updates throughout these next two weeks
so stay tuned!
And remember, campaigning ends and voting starts on October 18th!
No comments yet
Post a comment