Welcome, welcome, do come in and take a seat. We’ve got a few interesting pieces of news from the world of SUMO… and a bit beyond!
New arrivals to SUMO – a new handful of internet heroes arrives!
Latest SUMO Community meeting
The video is below, the notes are here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sumo-2014-11-24
(Is it just me, or is Roland sitting in the most red room ever known to mankind?)
Reminder: next SUMO Community meeting…
- Will NOT take place on the 1st of December – we are all in Portland for the annual Mozilla: the Gathering (almost like Magic: the Gathering, but with more actual magic happening)
- Will most likely take place on the 8th of December, but we’ll update you about that in due time – thank you for your patience!
- Remember – if you want to add a discussion topic to the live meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting)
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda)
- Huge thanks to Andrew (otherwise known as feer56), who’s been a solid rock for SUMO for quite a while now. This time, it’s about his review of the SUMO bugs in Bugzilla. This spring cleaning in winter is definitely making things much easier for us all – thank you!
- Kudos to duggabe for his contributions to the Thunderbird KB and refreshing “newbie” enthusiasm :-)
- The forum update is moving slowly but surely. Keep your feedback and questions coming! Remember that you can check the entire roadmap here.
- A reminder: we’re eager to hear your feedback on the new onboarding process proposal for KB contributors.
- Number, numbers, numbers – a lot of crunching locale and country data from the last 12 months of SUMO, to plan the next 12 months… also, incoming revisions to existing onboarding documentation – all this aaaaalmost here! Expect announcements and requests for feedback on our forums soon. Thank you for your patience :-)
- For all FxOS l10n fans: the bunch of revised 2.0 articles from last week is still there for the taking. Big thanks and shout-outs to those who already translated them into their languages!
Firefox (+ OS, + for Android) update
- Reminder: if you’re curious about the search deal announcement, please read this blog post explaining it in more detail. The news will sound confusing only if you don’t have all the facts on the table. If you’re a vouched Mozillian, you can watch the Q&A session with Chris Beard here.
And that’s it for this week! Follow our