Friday the… 7th! Is that supposed to be a lucky day, as opposed to Friday the 13th? Who knows… All we know is that there’s some updates from the world of SUMO that we want to share with you – let’s go!
Hello To All New Contributors!
Last Monday’s SUMO Community meeting
Reminder: the next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is going to take place on Monday, 10th of August. Join us!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to upcoming the live meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
Help needed – thank you!
- Help us wrap up last week’s SUMO KB day!
- Help us record an awesome SUMO video! More details here.
- Help us make things happen after the #mozwww Whistler meetup – go to this thread and read more about the sessions linked from there – and provide feedback!
- The video will be published on the channel as soon as possible.
- The next Platform meeting will take place on the 13th of August.
- A blast from the past as the Nielsen Group publishes an article about SUMO’s redesign a while back.
- Reminder: we’re looking for the most unusual SUMO contributors among you – in a light-hearted way… Take a look at the forums!
- SUMO Forum Supporters, remember that Madalina is currently away from her keyboard and will be back on the 12th of August.
- Upper and Lower Sorbian are back at SUMO, thanks to Michael‘s hard work – thanks!
- The first version of tutorial videos for new localizers has appeared… More details and links in our forums. Please provide your feedback!
- L10n for BuddyUp (in Arabic) is kicking off, thanks to our Arabic l10ns!
- Michał will be AFK & not responding to any emails, pings or smoke signals until the 18th of August.
Whew… Quite a lot of news and more to come before this year is over, of course!
Any great summer adventures you want to share with us in the comments? See you next week!