If everyone reading Planet Mozilla helped just one person in the Firefox support forum per day, there wouldn’t be a single user with their question left unanswered. And answering one question generally takes less than two minutes!
It’s actually very simple to help people, too. But just to be on the safe side, we’ve prepared some instructions for how to get you started.
How to make one Firefox user happy per day:
- Set aside two minutes of your time. Some tips for how to do that:
- Stay away from pointless activities like Farmville or Mafia Wars (and avoid Facebook in general).
- Skip reading that “fun” e-mail one of your colleagues just sent.
- Don’t click this link. It’s not worth it, and no, you can’t even interact with the cat.
- If you haven’t already, get a SUMO account by filling out the form on the registration page.
- Scan the list of unanswered forum threads (btw, that’s a great page to bookmark) for a question you think you know the answer to. Click it and respond. That’s it!
Need help answering a question? No problem. We have a page of tips and resources that may be useful, or you can ask in the Contributors forum. Feel like taking a break? That’s cool, too. Go introduce yourself in the Off-Topic forum and hang out with your fellow Firefox contributors.
By the way, we’re currently working on a brand new forum system that will be faster, sexier and easier to use. Stay tuned for more details…