Please note some of the information provided in this report may be subject to change as we are sometimes sharing information about projects that are still in early stages and are not final yet.
Are you a locale leader and want us to include new members in our upcoming reports? Contact us!
New content and projects
What’s new or coming up in Firefox desktop
Firefox 100 is now in beta, and will be released on May 3, 2022. The deadline to update localization is April 24.
As part of this release, users will see a special celebration message.
You can test this dialog by:
- Opening about:welcome in Nightly.
- Copying and pasting the following code in the Browser Console:
If you’re not familiar with the Browser Console, take a look at these old instructions to set it up, then paste the command provided above.
What’s new or coming up in mobile
Just like Firefox desktop, v100 is right around the corner for mobile.
- Firefox for Android and Focus for Android: deadline is April 27.
- Firefox for iOS and Focus for iOS: deadline is April 24.
Some strings landed late in the cycle – but everything should have arrived by now.
What’s new or coming up in web projects
Relay Website and add-on
The next release is on April 19th. This release includes new strings along with massive updates to both projects thanks to key terminology changes:
- alias to mask
- domain to subdomain
- real email to true email
To learn more about the change, please check out this Discourse post. If you can’t complete the updates by the release date, there will be subsequent updates soon after the deadline so your work will be in production soon. Additionally, the obsolete strings will be removed once the products have caught up with the updates in most locales.
What’s new or coming up in SuMo
- The result of the Mozilla Support contributor survey 2022 is out. Check out this deck to learn more about it.
- Check out the SUMO Sprint for Firefox 99 to learn more about how you can help the 99 release.
- Learn more about MDN Plus release and how we’re planning to support it from this contributor thread.
- Learn more about what to expect in Firefox 100 by checking out this contributor thread!
What’s new or coming up in Pontoon
We added a notification for suggestion reviews, so you’ll now know when your suggestions have been accepted or rejected. These notifications are batched and sent daily.
Soon, we’ll be making changes to the way we treat Fuzzy strings. Since they aren’t used in the product, they’ll be displayed as Missing. You will no longer find Fuzzy strings on the dashboards and in the progress charts. The Fuzzy filter will be moved to Extra filters. You’ll still see the yellow checkmark in the History panel to indicate that a particular translation is Fuzzy.
Newly published localizer facing documentation
- How to localize Focus
- Want to showcase an event coming up that your community is participating in? Reach out to any l10n-driver and we’ll include that (see links to emails at the bottom of this report)
Friends of the Lion
- Thanks to everybody on the TCP/ETP contributor focus group. You’re all amazing and the Customer Experience team can’t thank you enough for everyone’s collaboration on the project.
Know someone in your l10n community who’s been doing a great job and should appear here? Contact one of the l10n-drivers and we’ll make sure they get a shout-out (see list at the bottom)!
- #l10n-community channel on Element (chat.mozilla.org)
- Localization category on Discourse
- L10n blog
Questions? Want to get involved?
- If you want to get involved, or have any question about l10n, reach out to:
Did you enjoy reading this report? Let us know how we can improve by reaching out to any one of the l10n-drivers listed above.