Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 23 and 24. Here’s an outline of what is currently in Aurora this cycle and what we accomplished together last cycle:
This cycle (5 August – 16 September)
Key dates include:
- Beta sign offs are due before 9 September.
- Aurora sign offs are due before 16 September.
- Firefox 24 releases 17 September.
- 150 new strings were added to Aurora desktop, 95 for Aurora mobile
- Many of the new desktop strings cover additions to devtools.
- The mobile strings cover the new guest mode being added to Firefox for Android (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Projects/Guest_browsing ) for more details.
Please remember that sign offs are a critical piece to the cycle and mean that you approve and can vouch for the work you’re submitting for shipment.
Last cycle (May 14th – June 24th)
- 71% of all locales shipped Firefox 23 on desktop updates on time. Sadly, that is a 7% decrease from last cycle but the 71% shipped still has the potential to impact, literally, millions of users and deserves to be congratulated!
- Localizations of Firefox OS have begun shipping! Congratulations to all involved.
- Between 22 & 23, three new locales were added to Firefox for Android: Slovak (sk), Turkish (tr), and Hungarian (hu)! Congratulations!
As always, thank you all for your efforts! You’re fantastic and we certainly appreciate you very much!