Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 41 and 42. Here’s an outline of what is currently in Aurora this cycle (43) and what we accomplished together last cycle. Note that in light of what we learned with the report’s information last time, we’re attempting to improve how we identify new strings each release. If you see something that seems off, please call it out:
This cycle (Fx43) — 22 September – 2 November
– Beta (42) sign offs for *already shipping locales* must be completed before 21 October.
– Aurora (43) sign offs must be completed before 2 November.
– Approximately 165 new string changes landed in Firefox Aurora desktop and 49 for Fennec Aurora exclusively (unshared).
– 35% of the new strings in desktop are in devtools and DOM. 21% are for the Firefox Hello client. 12% have to do with preference menu settings. Please see https://www-dev.allizom.org/en-US/firefox/43.0a2/auroranotes/ for more info.
– 27% of the new strings in Fennec are related to Firefox Accounts. 16% are for the Fennec first run screens. 14% are about bookmarks. Additionally, this bug may be breaking string freeze soon – https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1207108 .Please see https://www-dev.allizom.org/en-US/firefox/android/43.0a2/auroranotes/ for more information.
Last cycle — 11 August – 21 September
– 63% of all locales shipped signed off updates of Firefox 41 on desktop. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! Sadly, this is a 12% decrease in locale coverage between Firefox 40 and Firefox 41.
– 74% of all locales shipped signed off updates of Fennec 41 on Android. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! Sadly, this is a 4% decrease in locale coverage between Fennec 40 and Fennec 41.
– Please congratulate the Croatian team on launching their first localization of Firefox for Android with version 41!
– We’re also looking forward to seeing the Purépecha, Kaqchikel, and Lao localization teams launch their first Mozilla localizations in Firefox for Android soon.
Thank you to everyone for all of your dedication and hard work this last sprint. As always, if you note anything missing in these reports, please let me know.