Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 45 and 46. Here’s an outline of what is currently in Aurora this cycle (47) and what we accomplished together last cycle:
This cycle (Fx47)
- Beta (46) sign offs for *already shipping locales* must be completed before 6 April.
- Aurora (47) sign offs must be completed before 18 April.
- Approximately 177 new strings landed in Firefox desktop and 13 for Fennec (unshared).
- About 59% of the new strings in desktop are in devtools and DOM. 10% are for a Synced tabs sidebar. 10% are related to rewording the phishing warning message in Safe Browsing. 5% are for the Narrate feature in Reader Mode. Please see the Aurora release notes for Firefox desktop for more info (to be available soon).
- 23% of the new strings in Fennec are related to rewording the phishing warning message in Safe Browsing. 23% are concerning the phasing out of Gingerbread support. Please see the Aurora release notes for Fennec for more info (to be available soon).
Noteworthy events (45):
- 63% of all locales signed off on updates of Firefox 45 on desktop. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! Sadly, this is an 11% decrease in locale coverage between Firefox 44 and Firefox 45.
- 62% of all locales shipped signed off updates of Fennec 45 on Android. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! Sadly, this is an 12% decrease in locale coverage between Fennec 44 and Fennec 45.
- Despite the lower number of sign-offs, about 96% of all l10n communities contributed to making Firefox & Fennec 45 available in their native languages. Thank you for your time and effort!
- The Guaraní localization team launched their first localization of Firefox desktop in Fx45! This is the first indigenous Latin American language community to ship a Mozilla localization.
- The Romansh and Maya Kaqchikel localization team will launch their first Mozilla localizations in Firefox for Android in Fennec 46!
Thank you to everyone for all of your dedication and hard work this last sprint. As always, if you note anything missing in these reports, please let us know.