Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 27 and 28. Here’s an outline of what is currently in Aurora this cycle (29) and what we accomplished together last cycle:
This cycle (3 February – 17 March)
Key dates include:
- Beta sign offs must be completed before 10 March.
- Aurora sign offs must be completed before 17 March.
- Firefox 28 releases 18 March.
- Approximately 389 new string changes were added to Aurora desktop, 200 for Aurora mobile.
- Many of the new desktop strings are in devtools and metro. They cover the implementation of Australis, devtools, and first run in Metro (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Release_Tracking#Desktop_.28Win.2C_Mac.2C_Linux.2C_Metro.29_2).
- Many of the mobile strings include preferences and renaming of all Sync strings for Firefox Accounts (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap#Firefox_29:_.28Aurora.29 ).
Please remember that sign offs are a critical piece to the cycle and mean that you approve and can vouch for the work you’re submitting for shipment.
Last cycle (9 December – 3 February)
- 70% of all locales shipped Firefox 26 on desktop updates on time. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! This is an 8% increase in locale coverage between Firefox 26 and Firefox 27!
- Aragonese and Xhosa had their first official release on Firefox desktop today with Firefox 27! Please join me in congratulating the teams!
- South African English, Thai, Lithuanian, and Slovenian were launched in Firefox for Android with Firefox 27. If your locale is ready for shipping and part of Android’s list of supported locales, please reach out to me to add you to the roadmap. Please join me in congratulating the teams!
Thank you to everyone for all of your dedication and hard work this last cycle.