Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 43 and 44. Here’s an outline of what is currently in Aurora this cycle (45) and what we accomplished together last cycle:
This cycle (Fx45)
- Beta (44) sign offs for *already shipping locales* must be completed before 13 January.
- Aurora (45) sign offs must be completed before 25 January.
- Approximately 186 new strings landed in Firefox Aurora desktop and 64 for Fennec Aurora (unshared).
- devtools is now in its own root directory within l10n repos – https://bugzil.la/1182722
- 40% of the new strings in desktop are in devtools and DOM. 17% are for the Firefox Hello client. Please see https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/45.0a2/auroranotes/ for more info.
- 19% of the new strings in Fennec are related to content blocking. 41% are for Fennec preferences. 8% are for the home screen. We’ll see a couple of Firefox Account strings land today (see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1220904 ). Please see https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/android/45.0a2/auroranotes/ for more information.
Last 2 cycles
Noteworth events (42):
- 84% of all locales shipped signed off updates of Firefox 42 on desktop. This is a massive 17% increase in locale coverage between Firefox 41 and Firefox 42!
- 80% of all locales shipped signed off updates of Fennec 42 on Android. This is a 6% increase in locale coverage between Fennec 41 and Fennec 42!
Noteworthy events (43):
- 66% of all locales shipped signed off updates of Firefox 43 on desktop. This is an 18% decrease in locale coverage between Firefox 42 and Firefox 43.
- 62% of all locales shipped signed off updates of Fennec 43 on Android. This is an 18% decrease in locale coverage between Fennec 42 and Fennec 43.
- We’re also looking forward to seeing the Lao and Romansh localization teams launch their first Mozilla localizations in Firefox for Android soon.
Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! Thank you to everyone for all of your dedication and hard work this last sprint. As always, if you note anything missing in these reports, please let me know.