Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 34 and 35. Here’s an outline of what is currently in Aurora this cycle (36) and what we accomplished together last cycle:
This cycle (Fx35) — 1 Dec. – 12 Jan.
– Beta sign-offs for new locales must be complete by 22 Dec.
– Beta sign offs must be completed before 29 Dec.
– Aurora sign offs must be completed before 12 Jan.
– Firefox 34 releases 13 Jan.
– Approximately 192 new string changes were made to Aurora desktop, 39 for Aurora mobile exclusively (unshared).
– 40% of the desktop strings changes are strings or files that need to be removed from your repos. 8% of all changes are related to Loop. 40% of all string changes are in devtools (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Release_Tracking#Likely_in_Firefox_36 for more info).
– 28% of the mobile string changes are related to Do Not Track. 15% of the mobile string changes are related to Content Security Policy. The rest include home page, Firefox Accounts, and preferences (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap#Firefox_36_.28Aurora.29 ).
Please remember that sign offs are a critical piece to the cycle and mean that you approve and can vouch for the work you’re submitting for shipment.
Last cycle — 13 Oct. – 1 Dec.
– 70% of all locales shipped Firefox 34 on desktop updates on time. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! This is an 10% decrease in locale coverage between Firefox 33 and Firefox 34.
– 77% of all locales shipped Fennec 34 on time. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! This is a 3% increase in locale coverage between Fennec 33 and Fennec 34!
Thank you to everyone for all of your dedication and hard work this last sprint. As always, if you note anything missing in these reports, please let me know.