Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 35 and 36. Here’s an outline of what is currently in Aurora this cycle (37) and what we accomplished together last cycle:
This cycle (Fx37) — 13 Jan. – 24 Feb.
– Beta sign-offs for new locales must be complete by 2 Feb.
– Beta sign offs must be completed before 9 Feb.
– Aurora sign offs must be completed before 23 Feb.
– Firefox 36 releases 24 Feb.
– Approximately 97 new string changes were made to Aurora desktop, 20 for Aurora mobile exclusively (unshared).
– 37% of the desktop strings changes are in devtools. 46% are strings that need to be removed from your repo. The rest are related to mixed content, search UI, and mirrored tabs. (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Release_Tracking#Likely_in_Firefox_37 for more info).
– 60% of the mobile string changes are related to syncing your Firefox account. 10% of the mobile string changes are related to password security. The rest include the home page and pref tracking protection (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap#Firefox_37_.28Aurora.29 ).
Please remember that sign offs are a critical piece to the cycle and mean that you approve and can vouch for the work you’re submitting for shipment.
Last cycle — 1 Dec. – 12 Jan.
– 62% of all locales shipped Firefox 35 on desktop updates on time. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! This is an 8% decrease in locale coverage between Firefox 34 and Firefox 35.
– 76% of all locales shipped Fennec 35 on time. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! This is a 1% decrease in locale coverage between Fennec 34 and Fennec 35!
– The Breton (br) and Esperanto (eo) teams launched their localizations of Fennec with Fennec 35. Please reach out to them with your congratulations!
Thank you to everyone for all of your dedication and hard work this last sprint. As always, if you note anything missing in these reports, please let me know.