Thank you all for your great work with Firefox 39 and 40. Here’s an outline of what is currently in Aurora this cycle (41) and what we accomplished together last cycle:
This cycle (Fx41) — 29 June – 10 August
– Beta (40) sign-offs for new locales must be completed by 22 July.
– Beta (40) sign offs for already shipping locales must be completed before 29 July.
– Aurora (41) sign offs must be completed before 10 August.
– The next major Firefox seasonal release is Firefox 42, which will be available for l10n on 10 August. I’ll be sending more information about this in the coming weeks.
– Approximately 199 new string changes landed in Firefox Aurora desktop and 79 for Fennec Aurora exclusively (unshared).
– 63% of the Firefox desktop string changes are new strings/files that need translation (125). 53% of those new desktop strings are in devtools. 14% are related to Telemetry services. 10% are related to add-ons management and 5% are related to Pocket. Please see https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/41.0a2/auroranotes/ for more info.
– 66% of the Fennec strings changes are new strings/files that need translation. ~24% of those are related to unsigned addon management. ~17% of those new strings are related to private browsing. ~23% of those new strings are related to various prefs (data privacy, QR code reading, etc.). Please see https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/android/41.0a2/auroranotes/ for more information.
Please remember that sign offs are a critical piece to the cycle and mean that you approve and can vouch for the work you’re submitting for shipment. Users for some Firefox and Fennec locales have not received a proper updated localization in the last 30 weeks to a year. If you belong to one of these locales, I’ll be reaching out to you this cycle to discuss the future of your locale as an official localization.
Last cycle — 11 May – 29 June
– 69% of all locales shipped Firefox 39 on desktop updates on time. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! Sadly, this is a 13% decrease in locale coverage between Firefox 38 and Firefox 39.
– 77% of all locales shipped Fennec 39 on time. Congratulations to everyone who signed off and shipped this last cycle! Sadly, this is a 10% decrease in locale coverage between Fennec 38 and Fennec 39.
Thank you to everyone for all of your dedication and hard work this last sprint. As always, if you note anything missing in these reports, please let me know.