- B2G Test Drivers Update
- Phones in the hands of >100 people now in SF/TO/MV, >250 by the end of the week
- >70 B2G Test Driver bugs filed already, and >100 pieces of feedback submitted and reviewed
- B2G Test Driver communication channels:
- QA Update
- Smoketests are now being ran 3 times a day!
- otoro (master, nightly) and unagi (nightly) devices
- Bug 800625 – [unagi][video] video does not show preview
- Bug 803049 – [Gallery] Previews appear and disappear
- [NEW] bug 804516 [Marketplce] Apps installed from marketplace do not work
- [EXISTING] bug 804494 [Contacts] Add picture from camera will return nothing (but the photo will show in gallery)
- [EXISTING] bug 801549 [video] Not able to reproduce a video just recorded
- [EXISTING] bug 796884 [Gallery] It is not possible to view a picture in landscape mode
- [EXISTING] bug 800361 [fm radio] Radio is not playing any sound
- [EXISTING] bug 800263 [fm radio] Launch the FM Radio with headphone already plugged-in will cause screen freeze
- [EXISTING] bug 804098 [Contacts] No buttons to call or send SMS from Contact Detail
- [EXISTING] bug 798156 [camera] Clicking on the thumbnail does not restore photo to full screen view
- [EXISTING] bug 804469 [Marketplace] Installed app can’t be removed immediately if it has been executed (need reboot)
- Still finding blockers in the log, need to be addressed ASAP. many are still open after >3 days
- QA working through a qawanted list
- Mochitest is still semi-broken. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=798580 — we probably aren’t totally blocked anymore though.
- Got the go to try Mochitest again late last week. Doing the final vet of the sanity suite now, hoping to have up for review tomorrow. They’ve been unofficially looked over already with positive feedback received.
- On last couple of days for the test porting sprint. David and Martijn are working on device storage, contacts, and alarm, and I’m working on screen orientation.
- Perms testing has been blocked on mochitest-chrome for some time. In discussions now w/ security assurance about how best to split off work that doesn’t need chrome, do quick-and-dirty testing locally, etc.
- A-Team still in progress getting tests up on TBPL.
- FF17b2 release yesterday at 7AM PT with Facebook Social API support
- The team is investigating some performance issues, as well as issues with discoverability of how to disable the feature
- FF17b3 going to build for desktop/mobile at ~noon today, will be released before EOD tomorrow
- We’re now coming up on b4, the last opportunity for medium-risk or speculative fixes
- Mike Conley is making good progress on polishing the downloads panel on trunk
- Just yesterday, Robert Strong landed support for localized stub installer builds
- bug 749063 Check out Chris Lord’s Blog Post about Progressive Tile Rendering: http://chrislord.net/blog/Software/Mozilla/progressive-tile-rendering.enlighten
- fixing remaining h.264 blockers for ICS and JB tracked by bug 787226. Looking to release in Fx17
- Readability 2.0
- Stabilizing reflow-on-zoom prototype (goal is before Nov. 5th) so we can get as much real world testing as possible on Fx19
- bug 784375 Limit max ratio for font inflation landed
- Tracking bug 802616 this has greatly improved ARMv6 panning
- This adds a new minimum system requirement that the processor supports hardware floating point math
- QA Update
- Android Web Compatibility Hands on session today (10Fwd)
- keeping up with Fx17 beta release work
- discussion around armv6 readiness with product today, still concerns around undefined performance metrics, but functionality is ok.
- Project page
- Work continues: Minimum viable product bugs
- Next step: Level of estimation for MVP buglist
- Platform asks:
- Async panning/zooming
- Next gen scrollbars
Stability Report [Weekly]
- TRUNK Fx19 – top unresolved crashes
- bug 801453 – mozilla::image::RasterImage::Discard – fixed by another bug – check in 10/23 build then the crash rate should go down significantly
- bug 799118 – js::ObjectImpl::readBarrier – unowned
- bug 803262 – mozilla::FrameLayerBuilder::CheckDOMModified – unowned
- bug 804613 – crash in DocumentViewerImpl::~DocumentViewerImpl() – unowned
- bug 801624 – crash in gfxShapedWord::DetailedGlyphStore::Get – unowned
- bug 683664 – crash @ js::types::TypeScript::Sweep – unowned
- AURORA – Fx18
- BETA – Fx17
- bug 803289 – java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.BrowserApp.onPrepareOptionsMenu(BrowserApp.java)
Not as much concern for other channels at this moment:
- recently landed in nightly:
- bug 782508 – Enable use of hardware H.264/AAC/MP3 decoders in Android libstagefright omx plugin for ICS/JB
- Symbols still needed for crash reports to get meaningful stacks on Socorro
- UI for reporting on b2g still outstanding
- Design has been finalized
- Margaret helping out with implementation
- Still working on ADU data so may not be able to use crashes per 100 ADU metric
- Dogfooders – please log crashes, in particular anything that’s reproducible – add the crash keyword.
- Matt Woodrow reduced tab-close animation jank (bug 750417)
- To answer JP’s question from last week about the impact of Jeff’s change on tab switch times, we’ve landed a Telemetry probe on Aurora and will shortly be able to take a real look at the before and after for this change
- Need help with Social perf issues, eg bug 804271,bug 801488,bug 804249 Please turn Social on submit perf bugs.
Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
- Lawrence gave an update during yesterday’s project meeting. Video, Slides
- Test event today, 12pm PT in 10 forward and on Air Mozilla.
MemShrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
- Memory consumption is critical for B2G. Lots of work is being done, especially by Justin Lebar. Hopefully it will be enough at this late stage. The tracking bug is here.
- Gary Kwong got Valgrind tests green on tinderbox. Next steps are to run them on more test suites, more repos and more often — often enough to unhide the results. This will require (moderate) releng resources that are currently strained by B2G.
- We’re watching the social API closely for problems such as bug 794712 (which was a Facebook problem). Please file bugs and tag with “[MemShrink]” if you see problems.
|0.0%||0.0 days||0.0 days||92 bugs|| 78 bugs|
|Initial Patches Review within 1 Week||SG:Crit Resolution Time||Top Crash Resolution Time||Unresolved Aurora Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)|| Unresolved Beta Trackers (non-security)|
- Bugs, Requests, Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Proposed Metrics
- Initial Patches Reviewed within 1 Week
- Percentage of patch first reviews initiated within the last 3 months that were completed within 1 week
- SG:Crit Resolution Time
- Average time to resolved after a bug is tagged as sg:critical in the last 3 months
- Top Crash Resolution Time
- Average time to resolved after a bug is tagged as topcrash in the last 3 months
- Initial Patches Reviewed within 1 Week
- 11994 review requests last 3 months (FF, FF Android, Core, Toolkit)
- Review Queue History for Individuals
- Critical Security Bugs
- Top Crash Bugs
- 328 incoming last year, 101 open
- Bugs In General
- http://bit.ly/OZrUsz Overall Bug Flow in FF, FF Android, Core, Toolkit
- Per program, product, component
- Component groupings – (Firefox, Firefox for Android, Core, Toolkit), others?
- Dealing with defacto “never” or very old
- Dealing with no reviewer
- Dealing with time-to-tag (with keyword)
Need owners for the following topcrashes:
- additional projects/products
Platform Meeting Details