All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Ganesh Sahukari for fixing a long-standing issue in Firefox with opened documents not being set read-only on Windows, adding a new OS.File API in the process.
- Thanks to Dino Anderson for leading Mozilla’s Inclusion and Diversity initiative.
- Check out a website/tool developed for academic dissertation work to help Mozilla developers better understand the codebase and communication structure. Help out by participating in a short 15 minute interview on IRC. Contact Patrick to setup an interview time (IRC: carlsonp, email: email@example.com). Cheers!
Monday, 20 April
- / O’Reilly FLUENT Conference: The Web Platform
- April 20th-22nd in San Francisco
- Mozillians attending are Andreas Gal: Keynote Speaker, Dan Callahan + Mike Taylor: Tutorial, Potch: Tech Demo
- Fluent spotlights the emerging methods, tools, and technologies of the Web Platform. Developers, software engineers, UX/UI designers, and other web professionals come to Fluent to share their experiences and expertise—and to learn what they need to know to stay competitive
- Weekly Bug Triage Day
Tuesday, 21 April
- MEF Nigeria: Mozilla at Mobile West Africa
- April 21st to 23rd in Lagos, Nigeria
- Mozillians in attendance Nisha Malhan and Tayo Fagbohun
- MEF Nigeria is part of Mobile West Africa for 2015. It will be the 16th event in the Mobile Web Africa series of conferences across Sub-Saharan Africa and All Amber’s 20th conference since the company’s inception in 2009
Wednesday, 22 April
- Last week on The Joy of Coding, mconley solved the mystery of why View Source was still hitting the network. This week, we’ll figure out how to fix it. It’s like a medical drama for software! The Joy of Coding: Episode 11 streams LIVE at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 5 PM GMT on Air Mozilla. Previous episodes with summaries.
Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday)
Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- San Francisco (@MozSF), Portland (@ESRIPDX), and New York City (first HWC! at WeWork Charging Bull).
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Create or update your personal web site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
Thursday, 23 April
- Philly Tech Week: Dev Day Talks
- April 23rd in Philadelphia, PA
- Mozillian attending Andrew Sutherland, Speaking on The Firefox OS email app: devious stratagems for offline HTML apps on limited-resource devices
- An afternoon of high-level dev talks focused around problem solving and innovative solutions. You’ll hear from over 15 dev experts talking about real world scenarios and the tools they’re using
- Brand Town Hall – Part Two, 9-10am PST
- The Brand team will an update on strategies we’re working on that help make Mozilla more understandable and accessible to the general public.
Friday, 24 April
- JSConf UY (Montevideo, Uruguay)
- We will have a few mozillians and reps attending the event.
- More info on Reps Event page
Saturday, 25 April
- Linux Fest Northwest
- April 25th-26th in Bellinghan, WA
- Mozillian attending Benjamin Kerensa
- LinuxFest Northwest is the longest running, largest open source conference in the Pacific Northwest
- FLISOL (several cities across LATAM)
- Latin America Festival of Free Software Installation where all the local Communities participate showing everything about Free Source and Free Software. We will have presence in Panama, Bolivia, Venezuela, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay.
- More info in our Reps Events page
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: New York (Darren Herman)
Overview of our Suggested Tiles landing next week in Ffx beta.
|Presenter||Title||Topic||Location||Share?||Media|| More Details|
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you||Area of Question|| Question|
|What is your Name?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.|| What would you like to know?|
Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteers||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteers location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location|| Will be working on|
|Rob Thijssen||Q Fortier||Portland||Remote (UK)|| Senior DevOps Engineer|
|Alex Shapiro||Erica Jostedt||San Francisco||San Francisco|| Firefox Public Relations Manager|
|Sandra Persing||Shezmeen Prasad||Mountain View||US Remote (WA)|| Senior Events Program Manager|
|Kelly Davis||Gregor Wagner||San Francisco||Berlin Office|| Senior Front-End Developer|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- ServiceWorkers are now enabled by default in Nightly on desktop and android.
- This will ride the trains to Aurora 40, but not to release builds yet.
- FirefoxOS cannot be enabled until bug 1125961 is complete.
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1152818 Changing an assignee to firstname.lastname@example.org now automatically resets the status from ASSIGNED to NEW
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600