- 2015-05-11 (The Big Lebowski)
Topics for This Week
- Syncing Reading List
- We can now sync Reading List items across Android devices and Desktop. Work has been uplifted to Fx38 and should be live for Fx38 Beta 2. Great job! (Known issue: Reading List sync defaults to off — tracked by bug 1149226.)
- Next Build:
13 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
10 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- (iOS) dusek fixed bug 1124828 – “Bold Text” accessibility setting not respected
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Profiling, profiling, and more profiling.
- Pushed some experiments to Try, filed a bunch of bugs as deps of bug 857359
- Goals, meetings, blah blah blah
- Out next week
- 1149172 – Query IMEStateManager for composition state
- 1149189 – Duplication when setting the same composing text multiple times
- 1046307 – Intermittent test_ThreadHangStats.js | test failed (with xpcshell return code: 0) | false == true
- 1115480 – [Presentation WebAPI] built-in device discovery and control protocol
- 1137926 – Input Event listener fires twice or incorrectly preventing field Input
- 1148590 – Reproducible crash involving Gecko Selection logic / GeckoEditable
- Got final r+ need to land standalone WebRTC. Addressing final review comments.
- Waiting for final r+ to land bug 1148149 – Support Android Presentation API.
- Land standalone WebRTC and support for Presentation API.
- MP3 demuxer
- Last week: integrated new MP3 frame detection with new MP3 demuxer (basic functionality, no seeking yet)
- This week: added approximate seeking (untested)
- Next: integrate MP3 demuxer with MP4Reader, write tests and validate functionality
- Handing over some bugs to Jim
- Setting up new development system
- bug 1148578 – Sort top sites by frecency
- bug 1147175 – Use SDWebImage for thumbnail
- bug 1139457 – Status bar style should change depending on the current UI state
- bug 1148835 – Combine urlbar and bottom toolbar in landscape and on tablets
- bug 1134532 – Pages can lock the urlbar from scrolling on screen – https://github.com/wesj/firefox-ios-1/tree/scrollUrlbar2
- Finishing password doorhanger bugs
- Next: about:passwords improvements and getting it off Nightly
- 1105997 – Layout in settings differs on tablet rotation
- 1144385 – Add option to edit login to password doorhanger
- 1088220 – Clean up visuals of password doorhanger notification for saving and updating
- 1143939 – Add single item delete to about:passwords context menu
(Missing the meeting for candidate lunch)
- Trying to wrap up reader view work
- Interviews, meetings, reviews, etc.
- 1140045 – Fix regressions caused by enabling desktop reader view toolbar button
- 1142183 – ~8MiB AWSY regression due to enabling desktop reader on nightly
- 1146373 – Images in reader view are sometimes too small
- 1147122 – Restore reader view error message if about:reader fails when user clicks reader button
- 785549 – Possible problems if byline contains <‘s or >’s
- 1147584 – Reader mode strips all the text contained between anchor tags in this document
- 1150174 – Use ReaderMode.isProbablyReaderable instead of full Readability parse to determine whether or not to show reader button
- Share overlay visual improvements & regressions
- Android L theme inheritance fallout
- Small bugs to cooldown after aggressively working on FF38 features
- Next: search engines at the bottom of the search screen
- 1130203 – Implement v2 share overlay mock
- 1132751 – Fix Android L Settings page’s build icon size
- 1147535 – Update failure string in share overlay send tab failure
- 1147661 – Update “Send to devices” icons
- 1148041 – Font in share overlay is unexpectedly bolditalic on 4.4
- 1148197 – Share overlay misaligned on small devices
- 938845 – Merge StringHelper and org.mozilla.gecko.* Strings
- 939350 – Create python linter wrapper
- 1106935 – Remove old tablet code and resources
- 1132747 – Fix Android L “share” list item in long press context menu
- 1134484 – Implement v1 color palette
- 1134490 – Change tabs panel tab changer text to toolbar grey
- 1137483 – Add a “quick search” bar of search engines
- 1144707 – Tapping in between the three dot menu button and the edge of the screen will enable edit mode
- 1148670 – Correct MenuItemActionView.onLayout calculation
- 1148677 – “Send to other devices” icon blurry in long-press send link context menu
- Waiting for RL uplifts to Beta, then it’ll be turned on. Should happen this week.
- Working on Sync state machine. Sync is complicated.
- 1123388 – Enable reading list service on Nightly
- 1147715 – Rudimentary Sync state machine
- 1147992 – crash in android.os.BadParcelableException: ClassNotFoundException when unmarshalling: com.facebook.graphql.model.GraphQLPrefetchInfo at android.os.Parcel.readParcelable(Parcel.java)
- 1148432 – Upload local deletions
- 1148464 – Remove redundant addUploadedRecord method
- 1148933 – Remove old storageservice.js and tests
- 1148990 – Don’t ship bagheeraclient, tokenserverclient, etc. unless shipping appropriate desktop features
- 997663 – Intermittent testPrivateBrowsing, testInputUrlBar | waiting for urlbar text to gain focus – urlbar text gained focus
- 1062537 – Specify –with-android-min-sdk=15 for x86 builds
- 1123389 – Allow Android-side reading list service work to ride the trains
- 1148429 – Track sync state within and across operations
- Last week: parachuted into enemy Reading List territory: bug 1147164. We’re pretty much good, save for a known issue with Reading List sync being disabled on upgrade: bug 1149226.
- This week: additional Reading List and Firefox Sync scheduling bugs.
- Fun project: download pre-built Gecko libraries from automation (bug 1128362)
- Never built C++ again (we hope).
- Ready for limited beta testing:
hg pull -r 97c890d9a7bbd043d9acfac8bbce92464578d478 https://reviewboard-hg.mozilla.org/gecko/
mach gradle clean app:packageDebug
and watch Gecko libraries get downloaded (~20megs).
- Entire process takes about 4 minutes on my machine (pull to APK on device).
- Blog post to follow!
- 1145579 – Open tab queue file when fennec starts or resumes
- 1145581 – Show tabs when opening fennec from the Tab Queue notification
- 1146325 – Convert loaded tab queue data to the required format and send to gecko to open
- 1146589 – Ensure that tab opened with “open now” action is selected and visible when fennec loads
- 1148007 – Show Queue Tab toast only if Tab Queue preference is enabled
- 1132508 – Last tab is cut off in tab tray after rotation
- 1140169 – [meta] Overflow menu UI polish
- 1148380 – Tab Queue: Optimise code in GeckoApp onNewIntent for ACTION_VIEW when Tabs queued
- 1148431 – Create UI to inform users of Tab Queue and allow them to turn on or ignore
- 1149577 – Remove history and recents affecting flags from TabQueueDispatcher entry in AndroidManifest
- 1149645 – Polish UI of Toast to be same as rest of Fennec
- 1150272 – Investigate ThumbnailHelper.THUMBNAIL_ASPECT_RATIO use in TopSitesThumbnailView
A disgusting patch for iOS session restore.
Follow up work on QR codes (with zxing) and Voice Recognition on Android.
Reminded that: Samsung Android is not Google Android (a.k.a. TouchWiz sux).
Referred in an ex-colleague, Emily Toop.
Good Friday/Easter Monday are public holidays in the UK.
- 1132591 – Shortcut pinned tabs never become unpinned when navigating to a very different page
- 1143888 – Integrate the Adjust campaign tracking SDK into Firefox
- 1148107 – isTooSmall() @ PluginHelper.js causes unnecessary reflow
- bug 1137483: Add “quick search” bar **
- Follow up on Tab Queue w Martyn
- Follow up on QR and Voice input w James Hugman
- Follow up on doorhangers polish w Ally and liuche
- Bugs backlog
- Back to working on the UICollectionView port
- Have now got transitions working properly with the new layout code (gif: http://cl.ly/image/3j3N411q2k1O)
- Next is cleanup and generating the proper grid layouts for each device size class/orientation
- Also we are landing the swipe delete gesture, need to make sure that works with new layout
- Next: error pages, a few tweaks from UX feedback on sizing/margins etc.
- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 99998
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room