- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 95346
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95346
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95346
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95346
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- vidyo: PB&J
- Released Firefox 7
- Spinning up Firefox 8 Beta 1
- Next merge date is 2011-11-08
Major Topics for This Week
- Some priorities:
- Stabilize Fx9 on tablet and phone ASAP
- Work on backlog of non-theme bugs we have been accumulating (need to triage)
- Get some QA and User testing on:
- Locale Picker
- Make some decisions on:
- Flash on demand (front-end patch getting better)
- Featurettes, like the Clear Private Data changes (need to triage)
- tablet UI for fx9 pretty much where we want it; two things:
- prefs/add-ons/downloads styling still to latnd (today?) – get accepted for aurora
- making a lower FPS throbber for gingerbread/froyo (single core) so that hopefully we can take a higher FPS one on dualcore devices (honeycomb)
- no e10s, but high responsiveness
- 6mbs smaller (RSS) than parent process
- alot less features
- madhava doesn’t like the name of this project/experiment.
- [madhava here] “front-end” is fine.
- platform support for pre-honeycomb is in
- front end patch did not make 9
- blassey and mfinkle to push to get front end in very soon so we get as much testing as possible for 10
- honeycomb work started, ETA unknown
- Masayuki working on API redesign to make our work easier bug 685395
- alexp working on patching IME events to solve a certain set of issues bug
- alexp working on keeping IME events in sync bug 653895
A small selection of bugs we are (or could be) looking at:
- bug 674651 – nsContentPolicy should skip resource and chrome schemes
- bug 689713 – Warm up the DNS cache in Java when launching with a URL intent
- bug 673253 – Delay sqlite usage until first paint
- bug 651890 – Avoid relocations when initializing plugin-container
- bug 684878 – Fetch URL while Fennec loads
- List of bugs reproducible on 7.0 RC1 caught during testing; no majors.
- NEW: bug 689948 – Fennec won’t reopen if minimized.
- bug 689029 – Site is entirely zoomed in on load
- bug 670694 – virtual keyboard is not displayed when editing input boxes
- bug 686901 – ESPN causing flickering/bad checkerboarding
- needs further bi-secting
- bug 687717 – Mobile Twitter (140 count doesn’t decrease).
- dev evang? Needs someone to look at their code
- bug 689778 – Some content crashes are not getting reported at all
- bug 689781 – Some content crashes will show in about:crashes but does not get sent to soccoro
- 8.0b1 testplan
- Awaiting for response for action on a 7.0.1 if needed (add-on issue)
* bug 688762, bug 689519 - cleaned up return codes * bug 689518 - fixed pageloader * bug 686143 - need to figure out the jsreftests which timeout frequently * would really like releng to pull cleanup and device sanity check out of the official job (less purple/red) * new tests and changes should be on hold until we have <5% failure rate on average * bug 689596 - fixing missing network proxy in android talos config, should be landing later this week
easier for developers to work with tools
* bug 688604 - make talos-remote - coming soon * bug 687974 - adb for talos * bug 688749 - fixed issue with reftest where --ignore-window-size would fail * need to consider >1 adb device attached at once. * need to figure out what we support for devices; rooted? cp? run-as? os? tablets?
* bug 686807 - pull minidumps from tegras * bug 685632 - tp4m rss collection * xpcshell for tegra * webserver for mochitest/reftest so we don't need host utils * pandaboard work * add more mochitests * figure out more details why we are skipping so many reftests
- (fixed) bug 684253 – 6 new foopies
- bug 665891 – add 200 new tegras to pool. On their way; we’ve already bumped our tegra count to ~120.
- (fixed) bug 689209 – Frequent Android “Graph server unreachable” with “No machine_name called ‘tegra-X’ can be found”
- (fixed) bug 689350 – No Android/Tegra Tp4m data since Monday 2011-09-19
Mountain View power/network outages this week affected tegra/n900 stability; currently fixed.
- (open) bug 689728 – make bm-remote-talos-webhost-* more robust
- maemo tier 3?
SUMO (37 new threads)
- Flash Player (103)
- Firefox for Nokia/Symbian (40)
- Firefox for iPad (25)
Mobile SUMO article page views are the same as last week (11941).
FirefoxforAndroid: (35 total threads):
- Themes: Flash player and trouble downloading from market
Firefox 7 Release:
- Andriod Market reviews: TBD
Praise 63%, Issues 23%, Ideas 13%
42 issues total posted in last 24 hours, 10 are Flash player
Other theme is user agent setting/confusion
If you have topics that you think are important to cover at the Mobile Summit, please contact blassey