In the Mozilla community we have a lot of meetings. There are large meetings such as the weekly whole-project meeting, the Firefox meeting. There are smaller meetings with small groups such as the mac team and the mozilla2 group. The agenda and minutes for most of these meetings are kept on wiki.mozilla.org, which is useful for keeping a record, but it can be hard for people who just want to skim the meeting notes.
I’ve written a script which will automatically post meeting notes on this blog, for syndication on planet.mozilla.org. This means anyone who keeps planet.mozilla.org in their feed reader will be able to skim meeting notes the morning after the meeting.
I hope that publishing these meeting notes will improve communication between various working groups within the organization. I also hope that publishing the meeting notes will encourage meeting organizers to take better notes from meetings: I’ve found, when away on vacation, that it’s hard to figure out what happened in some meetings because the notes were unavailable.
If you run a meeting and would like it added to my script, please file a bug and cc me! You could even post a patch: I keep the script configuration in a mercurial repository.
Comments Off on Meeting Notes
« previous week | index | next week »
- opening mozilla-central for general checkins is tracking bug 422754
- daily meetings – unit-test failures are possibly VM loading issues or some difference between different VMs – for the moment, we’re moving some known-good machines from Firefox
- bhearsum working on codesize test… some assumptions have changed
- performance regression was a fluke… a clobber fixed it 🙁
- Consolidated post-1.9 planning wiki pages are pending. Damons is merging the work week spreadsheets into a single location tbd.
- XPCOMGC stuck on a mozilla-central merge… jorendorff do you need help with that?
Actionmonkey performance measurements and MMgc fixup: status and plan of attack.
- ignore incremental for the moment, since we can’t use it with the cycle collector anyway?
- stats on PR_Lock taking a long time?
- tune GC-from-alloc
- per-thread freelists
- mochitest crash
- general profiling
- MMgc debug performance
- maybe valgrind
Getting jimb unstuck on TC-MMGC to work on other things…
Purpose of this meeting (general, or just tamarin, MMgc, code rewriting, etc.)
Getting mobile into hg?
Comments Off on Mozilla 2 Meeting Minutes: 2008-05-28
« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays – Firefox 3 – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S – Central Area
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
Firefox 3: issues for final ship
note: platform and front end are now merged into one section
13 bugs landed for RC2/3.0.1
- Notable Bugs
- See wiki for our RC2 nominations. Top priority bugs are:
- bug 433340 – bookmark dialog covers candidate window when using IME. Status: recommended for RC2 with patch in place.
- bug 421482 – – Firefox 3 uses fsync excessively. This was discussed at the Tuesday meeting and is a decent perf win if we can get this in. It tends to make the UI unusable when the user hits this state, so it should be considered for an RC2.
- The other bugs nominated (lower pri, but good to have if we are respinning) are listed in the wiki above.
- Additional bugs found during RC1 testing are recorded here.
- General Testing
- QA is 90% completed with overall RC1 testing. No additional blocking issues so far.
- Target signoff sometime end of day today
- Common feedback reported from RC1 testing
- About 180 testcases ran during RC1 Testday Part 2 last friday. A lot more bug investigation discussion then test execution though.
- decided that there was sufficient need to do an RC2
- overall impact (see below for estimated schedule) to final ship date is about 5 days, as external dependencies would have kept us to 2nd/3rd week of June anyway
- most bugs for this RC have landed, waiting on bug 398332 and bug 435362
- estimated schedule:
- Code complete: Wednesday, May 28, noon PDT
- Hand to build: Thursday, May 29, 6am PDT
- QA begins: Thursday, May 29th, noon PDT (as builds become available)
- QA signoff: Thursday, June 5th
- joduinn: netapp woes. See my blog or bug 435134
- decided to wait until after we built RC2 to schedule this work
Comments Off on Firefox 3 Meeting Minutes: 2008-05-27