- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room “Brownbags”. Do not use this room if you’re not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Congratulations to Mehul Patel on becoming Firefox Student Ambassadors of the Month June 2015. He started an “FSA Summer Camp” initiative teaching students about different contribution areas in Mozilla every week for 2 months.
- Congratulations to LU Firefox Club on becoming Firefox Club of the Month June 2015! They recently hosted a MozAwareness event, driving Firefox for Android downloads and #FoxYeah creations to 150+ attendees!
- Thanks to Cameron McCormack for massive memory performance improvements in Firefox 41 for people using ad-blockers in Firefox. See “Firefox 41 will use less memory when running AdBlock Plus” for details.
- Congratulations to Atique Ahmed Ziad, the newest Friend of Marketplace! In addition to fixing bugs on Marketplace, Atique has also been mentoring others to do the same. Thanks Atique!
Monday, 06 July
Tuesday, 07 July
- Webdev Extravaganza: 10:00 AM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo (Open to the public)
- Stream on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-extravaganza-july-2015/
- Monthly get-together for anyone in Mozilla interested in web development. Updates on shipped projects, libraries we’re working on, and more!
Wednesday, 08 July
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
- After a 2 week hiatus, The Joy of Coding is BACK! Watch an engineer hack on Firefox live! It’s like teppanyaki, but for source code!
- CascadiaFest2015 happening July 8th-10th in Blaine, Washington
- Mozillians attending include Dave Camp and Jeff Griffiths and Potch!
- FISL 16, Porto Alegre, Brazil. 8th – 11th.
- One of the biggest Open Source events in the world, and the most important for the region. FISL is the place where all the Open Source communities can learn about the latest news, and help to build a more fair humanity with open knowledge.
- Mozilla presence this year will be with a dedicated Room, where Reps will give talks, workshops and demos. More info on the official site.
Saturday, 11 July
- TuxCon 2015, Plovdiv, Bulgaria. 11th and 12th.
- TuxCon is a free community event about free and open-source software for Internet of Things, mobile, embedded and wearable devices. The twitter hashtag of the event is #TuxCon.
- Mozilla presence will consist on a talk about Firefox OS, by Giannis Konstantinidis
- Mozilla Weekend Berlin, Berlin, Germany. 11th and 12th.
- Mozilla Weekend will be the first of its kind in Germany. We will have talks on Saturday and workshops to go in depth on Sunday. We will focus on coders as well as non-coders. This means that everybody will find something interesting and will be able to work on something in the workshops.
- Event organized by Michael Kohler and Elio Qoshi.
- Mozilla L10N/QA Hackaton, Lima, Peru. 11th and 12th.
- At this hackathon, Mozillians will receive training on the latest projects within those functional areas plus community growth within both l10n and QA for LATAM communities. For all details about this event, please sse the event’s wiki page.
- The fifth annual IndieWebCamp is July 11-12 in Portland Oregon as usual, and simultaneously Brighton, England this year!
- IndieWebCamp is a 2-day creator camp focused on growing the independent web.
- Still a few spots left – sign-up: http://indiewebcamp.com/2015
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: Portland
- Firefox Strategy: https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2015/07/02/what-to-look-forward-to-from-firefox/
- Engineering details: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/firefox-dev/2015-July/003062.html
- Go Faster and Dexulinisation: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/firefox-dev/2015-July/003063.html
- Windows 10!
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Presenter||Title||Topic||Location||Share?||Media|| More Details|
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Melissa Romaine,Stacy Martin, Jochai Ben-Avie||Policy Team||Request for Policy Support Form||SF||yes||https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qFUOkDI8ePyPjk8u962xHICW7FwzCrri44rFtSWV1co/edit#slide=id.p|| mzl.la/policysupport|
|Rachel Berenbaum||People Team (Recruiting)||Updates to the Employee Referral Program Guidelines||MV||No|
|Rachel Pearl||People Team (Recruiting)||Updates on Interview Feedback Form in Jobvite||MV||No|
|Soledad Penadés||DevRel||Hello from the Developer Relations team!||London, UK||No|| https://wiki.mozilla.org/Devrel|
Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location|| Will be working on|
|Mariusz Kierski||Eric Faust||Mountain View||Mountain View|| JS Eng.|
|Thyla van der Merwe||Eric Rescorla||Mountain View||Mountain View|| Research|
|Mihai-Cristian Volmer||Daniel Holbert||Mountain View||San Francisco|| Platform – Layout|
|Theo Chevalier||Peiying Mo||Mountain View||Mountain View|| Platform Eng. (Localization)|
|Lorien Hu||Trevor Saunders||Toronto||Toronto|| Platform – Accessibility|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 825946 Tracking flags should be cleared when a bug is moved to a product/component where they are not valid
- bug 1171523 “Loop” product renamed to “Loop (Hello)”