All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to the fabulous L10N team for their hard work on the new Firefox OS page. 16 locales, 74% coverage in record time!
- Thanks to pmac and kohei for helping get Dev Edition for Win64 in front of more people in time for GDC!
- Thanks to Sphinx and other French MDN editors and reviewers who completely translated the 574 pages of the complete ES6 reference in French. First locale to reach this mark!
- Thanks to the Community members that attended the QA BuddyUp pilot program : Alfredos (fredy) Damkalis, Christos Bacharakis and Karthikeyan Palaniswamy. They found several blockers, wrote MozTrap testcases and verified the user stories! More details about this pilot soon!
- Mozilla Location Services located its 100 millionth wifi network on Friday. Thanks to all the community stumblers for helping us map the world!
- Thanks to Viswa for jumping in to help triage Get Involved inquiries for AMO & Marketplace!
- Congats to Ram for fixing his first bug on Marketplace!
- Big thanks to Chit for providing much-needed local knowledge of Myanmar for an upcoming launch.
- Thanks, clouserw, for embedding the AMO & Marketplace public meetings calendar on https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace#Meetings_open_to_all
- Thanks to everyone who has helped with MWC 2015, both onsite in Barcelona and behind the scenes!
Mobile World Congress – https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/mwc/
- Mozillians at the event are posting photos here: https://www.yammer.com/mozillians
- Pictures on Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mercadoindustrialbiz/sets/72157650699243590/
GDC March 2-6, 2015 Conference at Moscone Center, SF
- Join Mozilla as we showcase our games platform at GDC in San Francisco this week.
Tuesday, 03 March
- Webdev Extravaganza: 10:00 AM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo (Open to the public)
- Stream on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-extravaganza-march-2015/
- Monthly get-together for anyone in Mozilla interested in web development. Updates on shipped projects, libraries we’re working on, and more!
Wednesday, 04 March
- Come experience the triumphs, frustrations, and epic realizations of a Mozilla engineer, hacking on Firefox LIVE! The Joy of Coding: Episode 4 airs at 1PM Eastern time on Air Mozilla.
- Like each first Wednesday of a month it is MDN WednesdayDoc! Join us in Paris and London offices for an evening of hacking on Kuma or on documentation. All welcome but registration required. Registration links for Paris and London.
- London Web Components meetup! We’re hosting the second edition, dedicated to Custom Elements, at Mozilla London. Registration page.
Friday, 06 March
- JQuery UK March 6th in Oxford, UK.
- jQuery UK is returning to Oxford for its fourth year for two packed tracks featuring the biggest names in front-end development.
- Soledad Penadas speaking on The cure for your Web Components hangover: This is a talk on how to get things done today without shooting yourself in the foot and finding about it tomorrow. Learn how to make your code more readable and expressive (without getting too meta), make it easy to run and maintain, and then lean back and have a cuppa while admiring the beauty of the thing you just have built.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: San Francisco (chad)
- Task Continuity update
- 64 bits of pure joy
- Hello in the spotlight — a different kind of launch ->
- Hello Community Efforts:
Andrew Sliwinski (Portland)
- Webmaker App Beta at MWC
- Research Update
|Presenter||Title||Topic||Location||Share?||Media|| More Details|
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question|| Question|
|What’s your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.|| What would you like to know?|
Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteers||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteers location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location|| Will be working on|
|Gerald Squelart||Anthony Jones||Regional NZ Office||Australia Remote (VIC)|
|Brianna Mark||Mardi Douglass||Remote from Seattle, WA||Mountain View Office|| Internal Communications / work weeks!|
|Mathieu Agopian||Wil Clouser||Portland Office||France Remote||Cloud Services: addons.mozilla.org|
|Kelly Fraser||Michelle Marovich||Mountain View Office||Mountain View Office|
|Keith Harris||Michelle Marovich||Mountain View Office||Mountain View Office|
|Ivadell Vida||Jill Alvarez||Mountain View Office||Mountain View Office|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Content Services will be holding part 2 of it’s Brown Bag Series, How Advertising Works on Monday March 23rd at 4pm ET. Darren Herman and Jason Schmidt will talk about How Programmatic Works. This will be on Air.Mozilla and recorded for any staff who can’t make it live.
- Help us improve our recognition story - ashughes
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600