All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Pre-roll announcement: There is an experimental HLS feed of this meeting at: https://air.mozilla.org/hls-test/ This meeting is also streaming live on the Air Mozilla Roku Channel. Richard would appreciate lots of viewers on the HLS stream this morning as a final test before it becomes the production stream.
- Everyone who participated in the “Hack on MDN” weekend (just past), by making code samples, metrics dashboard, content kits, tutorials, and lots more. Blog post forthcoming!
- Everyone who made contributions to AMO & Marketplace in March–an impressive list! Thanks! https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Contributing/Mar2015#Contributor_Recognition
- Everyone who participated in the Mozilla Hispano and Windows 64-bit testdays last week. Special thanks to gaby2300, yunito, and satdav for organizing the events.
Monday, 30 March
Tuesday, 31 March
- AMO & Marketplace community meeting at 10am Pacific: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
Wednesday, 01 April
- Nestle yourself into the mind of a software engineer hacking on Firefox! It’s like being a detective, a doctor, a mechanic, a plumber, an archaeologist, an architect and a bomb squad, all at the same time! The Joy of Coding: Episode 8 streams LIVE at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 5 PM GMT on Air Mozilla. Previous episodes with summaries available here.
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
- SF and MV people: Shaping Your Speech: Media Reform, Past and Present (featuring FCC Commissioner)
- April 1, 2015 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm, Stanford University
- From the First Amendment to Net Neutrality. How Media Regulation Affects What We Say
- Does the FCC’s recent ruling on net neutrality promise more equal media access? Or will it lead to years of divisive litigation? FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn will discuss implications of the new rules and the role of media regulation in creating a free press; Victor Pickard of the University of Pennsylvania will look at how media regulation choices in the 1940s affect us today; Stanford’s Morgan Weiland will explain what the proposed federal shield law means for journalists.
- For more information visit: http://events.stanford.edu/events/505/50559/
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: mfinkle (TO)
- Reading List syncing between Desktop and Android landed in Nightly
- Most of the code has been uplifted to Fx38
- Both platforms will be ‘live’ by Fx38 Beta 2
- Firefox on iOS
- Thumbnails in Top Sites
- Sharing from Other Apps
- Move favicon usage in UI
- Coming: iPad layouts
- Coming: Saving session
- Coming: Frecency in Top Sites and Searches
- In Progress: Fx Sync
- In Progress: Reading List Sync
Speaker Location: Candice Serran (SF)
- 2.2 Release Feature Complete – 4/6
- New Gaia Architecture
- Program wiki this week for next steps and strategy
- V3 Validation – ON TRACK
- Program wiki this week for all status/tracking info
Mozilla Science Lab
Bill Mills, Vancouver: Science Lab’s first-ever AMA. Link: http://mzl.la/1G1vuwo
|Presenter||Title||Topic||Location||Share?||Media|| More Details|
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Johnny Stenback||Gecko||Adobe Flash update.||MV||no|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question|| Question|
|What’s your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.|| What would you like to know?|
Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteers||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteers location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
Introducing New Interns
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location|| Will be working on|
|Rebecca Davies||Mark Surman||Toronto||Toronto|| Head of Fundraising team|
|Allison Banks||David Slater||Toronto||Toronto|| Head of the People team|
|Tristan Thomas||Mike Poessy||San Francisco||San Francisco|| EUS Team Member|
|Alice Lee||Fenna Tseng||(Recording)||Taipei Office|| HR Specialist|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1096798 The first part of a new Bugzilla user interface has landed. Enable it with the experimental user interface preference
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600