lizzard, lmandel, kbrosnan, blassey, roland, jlund, ryanvm, philipp, kairo, ritu, milan, jst
- Beta 6 desktop and mobile should be released today
- Thursday and Friday are a U.S. holiday
- Beta 7 desktop build/release Thurs/Friday (Sylvestre, Florin & Andrei will cover this)
- Should we do a beta 7 fennec release because of battery drain issue? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215012
- And possibly a 42.0.2 fennec.
- Beta 8 will build/release on Tues/Wed Dec. 1/2 next week.
- Romanian holidays on Nov. 30/Dec 1 so Softvision will be out.
- no KaiRo next week, still working on a full plan to cover
- Overall rate: 2.5 – browser: 1.5, content: 1.0 – red, slightly lower than last week
- largest crashes are with a11y+e10s, we need to make sure to exclude that audience from beta experiments (a patch for that is in bug 1226487)
- patches also coming to not activate e10s on dev edition when a11y has been activated recently (bug 1198459)
- bug 1219529 is >1% of overall crashes, has a patch verified on nightly and an uplift request
- bug 1218032 (nsContentIterator::NextNode) is still very visible in stats, but not happening with builds of Nov 18 or newer due to backout in bug 1224101
- Overall rate: 1.1 – yellow, similar to last week
- bug 1226400 (dom::FontFaceSet::Load) is 2% of 43.0b5 data and #2 Top Crash Score – this is happening across channels, platforms and even Android.
- bug 1222933 (mostly Ad Muncher) is 1.5% and #1 Top Crash Score
- bug 1222819 (Orbit Downloader) is #3 Top Crash Score
- bug 1227221 (Flash beta 20 hangs) has been causing the Flash hang rate on beta to roughly double, Adobe says they found the issue are are releasing a newer beta today – we’ll watch data as they plan to ship Flash 20 very soon.
- Overall rate: 0.9 – green
- bug 1222933 (mostly Ad Muncher) is #1 Top Crash Score
- bug 1226400 (dom::FontFaceSet::Load) is 1% of 42.0 data (and rising)
- bug 1224549 (Java plugin hangs) increased the overall count of plugin hangs on release by ~25% and pushes Java users to use older, insecure Firefox versions
- bug 1221448 (Java plugin crash) is still a significant portion of plugin crashes overall and makes lives suck for Java users, but is fixed in the very newest Java 8 build, according to both Oracle and our crash data. (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1221448#c32)
- crash rates are still bad on all channels
- msnsd/battery drain https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215012 (possible extra mobile beta/point release?)
- Bug 1226523 – Fennec crashes after transferring bookmarks and history (we have a patch for uplift)
- Bug 1224442 – Armor GMP Parent against late Shmem messages from the child (ditto)
- saw some delays today with build getting onto beta-cdntest channel, will run update tests after this meeting
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
- GTK3 support now disabled on 43 and probably 44 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1227024
- Thanks rail for pointing out the update path issues.
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Last week’s post-mortem for 42: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/42-0-Post-Mortem
Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details – NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL