- 2015-05-11 (calendar)
- Next Build:
10 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
|ID||Summary||Status||Assigned to||Last change time|
|776030||Allow Fennec to use the AsyncPanZoomController||NEW||Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula (danilo.eu)||2015-04-21T15:27:46Z|
|1010068||Disable OCSP for DV certificates in Firefox for Android||NEW||Brad Lassey [:blassey] (use needinfo?) PTO April 11-19 (blassey.bugs)||2015-04-17T21:48:34Z|
|1016555||Disable OCSP checking for certificates covered by OneCRL||ASSIGNED||David Keeler [:keeler] (use needinfo?) (dkeeler)||2015-04-09T17:17:52Z|
|1047127||Panning very stuttery on this page with overflow-x||NEW||Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula (danilo.eu)||2015-04-01T16:44:34Z|
|1076692||Tapping on URL bar does not dismiss the tabs tray||REOPENED||Jeff Lu (jll544)||2015-04-22T21:21:23Z|
|1084456||Enable MSE for MP4 on Jelly Bean+||NEW||James Willcox (:snorp) (firstname.lastname@example.org) (snorp)||2015-04-16T17:46:43Z|
|1093815||Use AndroidPlatformDecoder for standalone MP3 on Android||ASSIGNED||Eugen Sawin [:esawin] (esawin)||2015-04-20T23:12:50Z|
|1139232||Door hanger on tablet shows up in the tab over view||REOPENED||Allison Naaktgeboren please NEEDINFO? :ally (ally)||2015-04-22T18:17:24Z|
|1147064||Update doorhanger button styling||NEW||Chenxia Liu [:liuche] (liuche)||2015-04-10T02:11:37Z|
|1150284||[Browser] Unable to zoom in/out on Google Maps||NEW||2015-04-17T23:30:47Z|
10 Open (100%);
0 Resolved (0%);
0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Darren Lyons fixed bug 1147233 – Remove unused “overlay_share_retry” string
- travis fixed all the bugs
- (iOS) dusek fixed bug 1146838 – Tabs tray is inaccessible to VoiceOver
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Still investigating paint suppression techniques
- We might spend a lot of time drawing about:home and browser.xul for some reason
- bug 1154803 – Search activity crashes on VZW HTC One M8
- This sucked
- Interviews, other manager stuff
- 1072529 – crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException: empty actions queue at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoEditable$ActionQueue.poll(GeckoEditable.java)
- 1150693 – samsung tab loads blank pages, null ptr exception thrown
- 1152123 – GeckoEditable should handle cancel/commit composition requests
- 1152124 – Text spans are not always cleared when switching focus
- 1152308 – crash in ElfLoader::~ElfLoader()
- 1153948 – Regression from bug 1151875 – causing issues editing in textarea
- 1154952 – Fix Gecko shutdown assertions, bugs, etc
- 1156943 – Properly hook up HangMonitor for Android
- 1010770 – Intermittent testANRReporter | application timed out after 330 seconds with no output
- 1046307 – Intermittent test_ThreadHangStats.js | test failed (with xpcshell return code: 0) | false == true
- 1115480 – [Presentation WebAPI] built-in device discovery and control protocol
- Unwanted Software list for SafeBrowsing is on m-i
- SafeBrowsing caching issues (also mobile)
- Got WebGL working on iOS: http://people.mozilla.org/~tmielczarek/webgl.mp4
- Working on running jit-tests on device to track down asm.js crash in Octane and bug that breaks Kraken
- Started investigating start up performance with profiler.
- Continue work on bug 659285
- Investigate getting java profiler to start earlier.
- MP3 demuxer (bug 1093815)
- Added more tests (all critical passing)
- Integration success: sound plays (bug 1153731)
- Next: improve/fix seeking support
- Continue investigating the blank content view on load issue bug 1129074
- bug 1155859 – SQLite concurrency fixes
- Reusing SQLite connections
- Cursor preloading
- Enabling WAL/busy timeouts
- bug 1145402 – Cache tab tray thumbnails
- bug 1156500 – Fix UITest failures
- Now: investigating memory leaks
- bug 1130522 – [META] IOS-30 – Security/Privacy – Clear private data. landing.
- bug 1146464 – HTTP auth dialogs aren’t shown. Landed. Looking at a follow up.
- bug 1139577 – Support download ‘hand-off’.
- Reworked snackbars behavior and animation some.
- bug 1153330 – Move tabs/sessions to profile. Next up!
- First run – user testing for messaging
- 1107590 – Add entry point to Site Settings from Site Identity popup
- 1126608 – Select login from Site Identity doorhanger
- 1148524 – Add “edit login” option in about:passwords context menu
- 1151505 – Doorhanger can appear while browser toolbar is scrolled off screen
- 1135126 – Only show one Login doorhanger at a time
- 1148460 – Create First Run builds for UserTesting baseline research
- 1154980 – Localize first run pager titles
- 1155819 – Tablet: anchor doorhanger under back button
- Reader view bugs, meetings, and PTO
- 785549 – Possible problems if byline contains <‘s or >’s
- 1152121 – decodeURIComponent can throw an exception while trying to get original URL
- 1155083 – A portion of the reader view toolbar is still displayed when scrolling down on landscape
- 1154028 – Make sure reader view UI styles don’t accidentally get applied to readability content
- 1154504 – Reconsider exposing paint debugging to the user
- 1157539 – Create “speed dial” dynamic home panel layout
- 1157540 – Create add-on API to allow dynamic panels to create footer toolbars
- UX polish party in YVR w/ antlam & mhaigh
- Search engine bar in BrowserSearch
- 38 polish – share overlay, share plane, etc.
- 1148390 – Share icon from action bar is misaligned on gingerbread devices
- 1154836 – Crash on HC – java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mozilla.gecko.MediaPlayerManager$GeckoPresentation
- 1137483 – Add a “quick search” bar of search engines
- 1152314 – The ‘back’ button on the upper left corner from the settings menu does not do anything on some devices
- 1154489 – Share overlay shows page title etc. as ghostly white text
- 1155331 – MediaPlayerManager may be stripped by ProGuard because it’s only accessed via reflection
- 1155597 – Quick share icons are too big in quick share context menu (Gingerbread)
- 1155855 – Can’t dismiss share overlay from HN app
- Reading list in.
- Reading list off.
- Sync iOS: tabs in, sent tabs in (mostly).
- PTO tomorrow.
- Proposed: eliminate Honeycomb support.
- Did a little bit of evening relaxation code to rip out SMS code, which turned out too be bigger than expected.
- 1123389 – Allow Android-side reading list service work to ride the trains
- 1153973 – android.content.OperationApplicationException: insert failed during Reading List sync
- 1154463 – Hook up tab sync to the remote tabs panel
- 1155684 – Remove any mentions of reading list sync
- 1155990 – Use a more accurate timestamp for remote tab UI
- 783901 – Improve Sync Tabs Notification Icons
- 997663 – Intermittent testPrivateBrowsing, testInputUrlBar | waiting for urlbar text to gain focus – urlbar text gained focus
- 1153560 – Remove WebSMS code from Fennec
- 1156076 – Encryption and upload of records
Projects for this cycle:
- Implement Firefox Accounts for iOS: bug iosfxa
- FxA should get testing starting with the next release (iOS Build 9)
- Landing Adjust SDK: bug 1143888
- Contributor mentoring:
- 1146649 – Retry token server requests to avoid 401: invalid-timestamp responses due to clock skew
- 1152100 – Create a proper model for the settings page
- 1156405 – Cache and use expired Token Server tokens when querying info/collections
- 775104 – Export bookmarks and history
- 1152380 – Produce and cache OAuth bearer tokens for attached services
- 1154139 – Use cached collection keys
- 1156894 – Update Firefox Account status when the Settings panel is opened
- 1157376 – Don’t link to /settings when Account state is healthy
- 1142012 – The progress bar is barely visible in full screen browsing
- 1154602 – Unable to open .html file via Dropbox Native App
- 1155994 – TabQueue : Attempt to read from field ‘java.lang.String android.content.Intent.mAction’ on a null object reference
- 1156093 – Make sure service stops when Tab Queue open now button is pressed
- 1112185 – Tab Queue
- 1149645 – Polish UI of Toast to be same as rest of Fennec
- 1154425 – Tapping the same link twice when Tab Queue is enabled should Open Now
- 1155291 – See if we can display the Tab Queue toast without the permission bump
- 1155911 – [tab queue] Opening external links can cause two nightly apps in task switcher
- 1156534 – [meta] Revamp Settings in Fennec
- 1157526 – Replace super toasts with snackbar
- 1157528 – Add toast to inform user of tabs opened via tabqueue
- not able to attend
- Bug 1139232 Door hanger on tablet shows up in the tab over view
- Bug 1139551 – Doorhanger anchor position
- Can we drop gingerbread support yet?
- Bug 1155804/1155819 – Position doorhangers on tablets under back button
- new FHR (finally, hopefully, for real this time) Bug 1141769
- 1139553 Black overlay for doorhanger background
- 1010068 – Disable OCSP for DV certificates in Firefox for Android
- 1150172 – Investigate smarter paint suppression
- 1155976 – Loading plugins in a non-e10s window hangs the browser on Mac
- 1154960 – For completeness, Fennec should explicitly block the DOM SiteSpecificUserAgent.js file from packaging
General catch-up. Was out for a couple days.
- bug 1125835 Design a good error page
- bug 1151465 Reading View needs an error interstitial (or maybe not)
- bug 1151464 Reading View needs a loading interstitial
and for iOS+Android:
- bug 1156917 Get higher resolution favicons for search engines
- Look at on-boarding stuff for iOS
- Tab tray transition improvements: https://github.com/mozilla/firefox-ios/pull/364
- Tab tray favicons: https://github.com/mozilla/firefox-ios/pull/351
- started listing UX issues with the team so we can prioritize
- Experimental pull-to-close tab branch WIP: https://github.com/darrinhenein/firefox-ios/tree/TabInteractiveTransition
- working on transition/relationship between home panels and current page: (wip) http://cl.ly/image/353b380z3r0c
- Fennec Trello Tracking List
- Fennec Roadmap in Aha!
- Click Here to suggest new features for the Fennec Roadmap
- iOS Status Report for this week
- Would like to start one like this for Android weekly. Feedback appreciated!!!
- iOS Trello Tracking List
- iOS Roadmap in Aha! -> still a WIP by Karen R to get this view cleaned up. For now, focus on using Trello as the source of truth for Firefox for iOS.
- Click Here to suggest new features (post v1!) for the Firefox for iOS Roadmap
- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 99998
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room