- Shipped Fx 29!
- Next Merge: 2014-06-09
Topics for This Week
- Firefox Hub
- Feed add-ons on track for Fx30. Hub add-on hackathon next week! Stay tuned for a blog post with details.
- Etherpad for potential Hub add-ons
- Firefox 29
- Quick Share on Mainmenu, FxA/Sync, Webapp Runtime, Pageload Progressbar, Hide Default Search Engine & Banner/Snippet System.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Nathan Toone fixed bug 1001611 – Cannot build with custom set MOZ_APP_NAME
- Marcos A. Di Pietro fixed bug 999069 – Use clear sans for about: pages and bug 999488 – Move reader mode listener registration from GeckoApp to BrowserApp
- Alex Deaconu fixed bug 1000287 – Remove unnecessary log lines from GLController and bug 999680 – Check API level >= 16 in HardwareUtils.isTelevision
- Vivek fixed bug 977167 – Open tabs should be filtered to exclude about:, chrome: etc. URLs prior to flushing to DB
- Capella fixed a lot of bugs!
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Burnt a bunch of time investigating crashes (bugs 952721 and 1000538)
- Refactoring headless gecko to be generic
- Investigating webapp startup performance
- Investigating ASAN testing
- 809329 – Duplicate letters when Xperia pro keyboard has suggestions
- 990314 – Galaxy S4 keyboard appends to current url instead of replacing it
- 998398 – Swiftkey/Kii/Swype input interaction issues in the URL bar
- 999071 – crash in nsObserverService::NotifyObservers(nsISupports*, char const*, char16_t const*)
- 1001072 – Default shutdown watchdog timeout is too short
- 1002651 – Enable telemetry for B2G nightly builds
- 864395 – The “I want to help B2G OS by sharing data…” is not doing anything
- 994472 – Support URI autocomplete on Swype (and other composition focused) keyboards
- 997191 – Weirdness handling crashes in child processes (Crash in CrashReporter::OnChildProcessDumpRequested)
- 1003670 – Add test for EventListener/NativeJSObject
- 1004073 – Refactor EventDispatcher usages
- Last week
- SafeBrowsing testing affordances, small bugs.
- WebRTC 3.50 Android uplift
- Next week
- WebRTC 3.50 Android uplift
- Last Week: More WebRTC standalone refactoring.
- This Week: Even more WebRTC standalone refactoring.
- bug 999203 – Tabs always restore from last time, even if preference is disabled
- Fixing up animating EditText, bug 997447
- Blog post incoming
- Ongoing bug 946022 – Implement requestAutocomplete for Firefox for Android
- Working on Chromecast support using the Android SDK. Working patch in bug 901803.
- Lots of reviewing
- bug 1000552 – about:downloads content no longer persists across restarts
- bug 998063 – Feed parser should support media:thumbnail
- 992963 – register as a global search provider for Android
- 965026 – Audit HomePanel JS APIs to prevent undesired changes and abuse
- 997328 – SharedPreferences.jsm and SharedPreferencesHelper are not using same prefs
- Search and reading list home screen widgets
- Web Activities finally landed for webapps in nightly! Docs here
- Web Activities / Web Intents standardization with Google and :sicking
- Lots of in-progress patches for suggested sites:
- bug 996657 – Turn TopSitesCursorWrapper into a multi-cursor wrapper
- bug 997660 – Update TopSites grid to use row types from TopSitesCursorWrapper
- bug 997772 – Bootstrap suggested sites framework
- bug 997777 – Optimize moveToPosition() performance in TopSitesCursorWrapper
- bug 997780 – Implement image loading for suggested sites in TopSitesPanel/TopSitesGridItemView
- bug 997782 – Use suggested sites in the top sites panels
- Wrote a little visual tour for our Fx29 release: https://plus.google.com/+LucasRocha/posts/hL274455pyU
- Patch reviews
- Wrapped initial batch of patches for suggested sites
- Wrapping up “Remove Top Sites”/bookmarks-history handling (bug 921136, bug 913457)
- Ideas/brainstorming around Contextual Hints
- Telemetry reviews
- Hub bugs and uplifts
- 996669 – onuninstall listener can be called after panel is unregistered
- 999760 – Images in article items are mis-aligned
- 976335 – Tablet tab strip does not overflow properly
- 999853 – java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must not be empty.
- 1000616 – PanelViewItemHandler.mItemOpenListener is null when panel list view replaces empty view
- 1000849 – Panel view sometimes does replace empty view after dataset updates
- 988068 – Add-on options are ugly
- 949178 – Remove reading list button from reader mode toolbar
- 987175 – Hide “Add panel” settings item for fx30
- 817716 – Add ability to close all tabs
- 1002567 – Support weighted snippets
- 1003897 – Character Encoding selection broken in Firefox 29
- 1004153 – Only show the home banner some of the time
- 1004160 – After banner message with no icon is shown, banner icon is always hidden
- 997055 – The same feed is added in multiple panels in the home page
- 965452 – Limit HomeProvider addon data storage
- 988909 – Context menus for dynamic panels
- 999756 – Empty view flashes while view is refreshing
- bug 999750 – Recycle MotionEvents
- bug 998426 – Use same constructor across API levels in shrunken BrowserToolbar’s LayoutParams
- investigate bug 998001 – Intermittent testFindInPage | Exception caught – java.lang.NullPointerException
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 – Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 997487 – Add UI telemetry to editing mode cancel button
- bug 998000 – Create BrowserApp.cancelEditingMode for consistency with BrowserApp.enter/commitEditingMode
- bug 1000149 – Simplify edit mode
- bug 958889 – Make Fennec “Synced Tabs” tray display entry point to Firefox Account + Sync when user has no existing accounts
- bug 983437 – Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 – Centralized documentation for writing tests
- bug 997477 – Add a way to close edit mode in one tap on tablet
- Zoom/scroll session storage
- Zoom robocop tests
- Continuing research on SPDY proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Gonzales)
- 959804 – Intermittent tcheck2,tp4m | application crashed [@ libc.so + 0x11e78]
- 1002426 – Zoom level mangled after restoring session
- 1000251 – Add robocop tests for zooming and zoom session history
- Locale switching mostly finished and mostly through review. Build steps to go. Thanks to nalexander for being thorough!
- Folks are adding stuff to FHR, and I’m reviewing it.
- Fallout from send tab/third-party Sync services/etc.
- Discussing contacts sync with those folks.
- Random fixes, random reviews.
- Build chickens coming home to roost: bug 997772, bug 917480, Android Support v13 library for ChromeCast.
- Mentoring! Awesome folks: toonetown, vivek, deaconu. Very contributor, much satisfaction.
- 976216 – Include -purgecaches command line to Gecko for developer builds of Fennec
- 965924 – Don’t allow both FxA and Legacy Sync accounts to exist at the same time
I alternate between banging my head against e10s printing and second screen
- Second screen
- Firefox UX team meet-up this week, so expect longer than usual response times, sorry!
- shipped in 29!
- Proposed Priorities for Next Development Cycle:
- significant bugs
- valuable minor enhancements
- comprehensive unit/integration tests
- Notable Issues:
- bug 991397 – launching app installed outside Firefox Beta hangs firstrun – not uplifted; wontfix
- bug 989294 – Synthetic APK never launches if downloaded outside Fx Marketplace – uplifted to Fx29+
- bug 990125 – Duplicate reminders to update apps – uplifted to Fx29+
- bug 993164 – APK Factory stage release/review has 502 – fixed on server
- bug 889744 – Cannot install packaged apps from reviewer details page on Android – fixed by blocking bug 989806
- bug 986085 – User-hand-holding to check the Unknown Sources checkbox – patch in review
- bug 991394 – previously-installed apps stop running – under investigation
- bug 995803 – crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException – under investigation
Here’s the roadmap: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap
- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 99998
- CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 99998
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room