SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: “We don’t have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time.” – We can only wait right now.
- We need bug 483980 back-ported from trunk to fix our History Import bug bug 484175. Ratty to raise the issue in mozilla.dev.planning.
- It looks like the branch patch will definitely not make 220.127.116.11. We hope that we can get approval for 18.104.22.168 however.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1
- RELEASED on June 21!
- 132 FIXED bugs targeted seamonkey2.0b1
- Some regressions filed, but generally good feedback.
- Anything else to note? Things to change in future releases?
- Releasing in 17 languages seems to have worked nicely.
- Partial updates appear to be working without problems.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2
- IanN will start triaging nominations.
- Schedule not set yet.
- According to Standard8 a rough estimate for the Thunderbird 3.0b4 cycle would be four to eight weeks.
- A possible freeze date for September would be sometime in mid to late September.
- SeaMonkey should target a freeze date of 1st September so that we have room to assess the situation and to push it slightly back if needed. We would then expect at least a week between freeze and release, as Firefox does.
- Standard8 expects comm-central to branch soon after Thunderbird 3.0b4.
- Target milestone and flags for 2.1a1 should be created in any case.
- We might want to take bug 474701 depending on how it works out in Thunderbird.
- Tabmail is the largest missing feature.
- Prerequisite for Lightning which we would like to support in final.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Final
- IanN will start triaging blocker and wanted requests.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 64 new, 26 fixed, 96 triaged.
Major wanted/needed features:
- Download manager aftermath:
- All fixed. Only enhancement bugs going forward.
- Toolbar customization aftermath:
- bug 481862 We still need small button icons for modern in MailNews. Needs someone who understands both css and svg/graphics.
- Ratty will start on Message Compose and the css for the Default theme. Modern can be dealt with later.
- bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update.
- No News.
- bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
- stefanh has posted a new patch.
- bug 348720 New icon set for “SeaMonkey Default Theme”.
- No News.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- OpenSearch is now targeted for 2.Next.
- bug 460953 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
- There isn’t any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don’t break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.
- If nobody picks up the JS-driven folderpane it will have to be pushed back to 2.Next as well.
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Worked a lot on the Beta 1 release, and published it in 17 languages (release tracker: bug 504150)
- Triaged all bugs in the Build Config component
- More work on the release harness leading up to the beta – bug 493451 resolved with using it for production
- Some small style improvements on the SeaMonkey website, also created the new language matrix for the beta download page
- Managed L10n opt-in process for beta
- Worked on gathering a number of statistical data on my SeaMonkey dev site – weekly bug statistics since 1998, counts for release radar queries
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- Provided a branch patch for bug 483980 Allow history/bookmark observer components to register with a startup category (this would fix bug 484175 History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working).
- The patch for bug 505525 nsWindowsShellService.cpp build failure due to gfxIImageFrame removal, needs work so that it also works with static builds on mozilla-central.
- Triaged some bugs resulting from users testing the new SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1.
- Bugs fixed:
- bug 506019 Default Theme: Messages Do Not Display in Separate Window.
- Working on:
- Bugs Fixed:
- bug 503478 Most context menu items unavailable outside of contentEditable area.
- bug 503724 [SeaMonkey 2.1] autocomplete / password manager broken.
- [Editor] bug 488094 nsIHTMLEditor refuses to set paragraph mode, freezes.
- [DOMi] bug 505209 XBL bindings tab no longer works for non-chrome bindings.
- [Toolkit] bug 483537 -moz-appearance belongs in themes, not in xul.css.
- Working on:
- bug 505141 Use of Shift+Ins to open link in new tab in background conflicts with alternate paste key.
- bug 505212 “View MathML source” shows a blank window.
- bug 506004 Impossible to rename a mail folder by clicking OK on the pop up rename window.
- bug 506492 Full screen conflicts with toolbar grippies.
- Bugs Fixed:
- Working on:
- Bug triage: PageInfo, Toolbar Customization, etc.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/
- Fixed (or in-progress) (MailNews) Core/… (but SM related) bugs:
- And working on other areas… like
- Working on bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.