Thunderbird meeting notes 2015-02-17. NOON PST. Previous meetings: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings#Meeting_Notes
fallen, wsmwk, rkent, aceman, paenglab, makemyday, magnus, jorgk,
Current status and discussions
- 36.0 beta is out
Critical bugs. Please leave these here until they’re confirmed fixed.
- Auto-complete improvements – some of those could go into esr31
- ldap crasher
- certificate crasher
- Lightning integration
- AB all-acount search bug 170270
- maildir UI
- video chat The initial set of patches, with IB UI, may land this week (they’re up for final review). We’re considering also landing a set of matching strings for TB so uplifting a port of the UI becomes possible. I’m not sure the feature will be ready to ship in TB38 as it has not undergone much real world testing yet, but you never know, there may not be any nasty surprises
- Thunderbird 38 moves to Earlybird ~ February 24, 2015
- string freeze
- GSOC https://wiki.mozilla.org/Community:SummerOfCode15:Brainstorming#Thunderbird
- Deadline to add project ideas is February 20th, but don’t wait for the deadline
- We need people to commit to being mentors.
Lightning to Thunderbird Integration
- As underpass has pointed out repeatedly (thanks for your patience!) , we need to rewrite / heavily modify the lightning articles on support.mozilla.org. let me know irc: rolandtanglao on #tb-support-crew or rtanglao AT mozilla.com OR simply start editing the articles
- I’ve requested for bug 1096006 “Add AccountManager to the prefs in tab” for Tracking_TB38.
- Is this bug desired for TB 38? It would be needed to enable PrefsInTab.
- If yes, I have a string only patch to land before string freeze.
- I’ve also requested for Hiro’s bug 1087233 “Create about:downloads to migrate to Downloads.jsm” for Tracking_TB38.
- I’ve needinfoed him to ask if he has time to finish, but no answer until now.
- It has also strings in it. I could make a strings only patch if needed.
- Plan to land AB fix bug 170270 for TB 38.
- Bundled chat desktop notifications bug 1127802 waiting for final review.
- Discussing schema design and appropriate db backend for next gen address book with mconley. We plan to get an approximate idea of the number of contacts in the users’ address books on an average bug 1132588 as a required minimum performance measure.
- 36.0 beta QA organized
- triage topcrashes
- working on HWA question bug 1131879 Disable hardware acceleration (HWA)
- having an active week with fixing smaller backend bugs (landing right now), polishing for the release. Proud to fix long-standing dataloss bug 840418.
- Beta 36: On Win 7, installer needs to be run as administrator. bug 1133926.
- didn’t come up in QA testing
- no recent bugs found that mention admin or UAC http://tinyurl.com/m8kmjrx
- Note – meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
- organize 36 beta postmortem meeting (wsmwk)
- lightning integration meeting (rkrent/fallen)