- Who’s taking minutes? -> IanN
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
- Adrian Kalla
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug)
We should assign people to the open items.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org if possible Assigned: mcsmurf.
- blog account has been created in bug 973886
- Callek has imported old blogs from mozillazine
- some sprucing / branding needs to happen next
- bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager
- mcsmurf will look into this
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer has completed the coding. The decision to merge c-c into m-c has been kicked down the road into the next quarter or two.
- [19th August 2014 update]
- All available linux64 machines are up and running buildbot (CentOS 6.5)
- Current round of changes have been reviewed and landed.
- One final round about to be reviewed.
- The following are ‘old’ info being kept as a reference:
- Migrating our Linux builders to CentOS 6 bug 795354. Puppetmaster has been updated. Ewong is able to login to these hosts and buildbot is installed. We still need to get everything setup for parity and do some slight tweaks to the puppet config, but we’re pretty close to useable.
- In Progress: 2.28 beta and final will depend on build system working again for Gecko 31.0
- bug 983536 libpango version >= 1.22.0 required on Linux.(should be fixed when bug 795354 is fixed).
- bug 977676 SeaMonkey’s puppet broken due to requirement of ffxbld ldap password.
- bug 943740 is tracking the progress (or lack of one) in building trunk and aurora on Linux & Mac from the downloading user’s POV.
- bug 840426 tracks the buildbot-config and buildbotcustom code changes to support Mock on our linux* slaves.
- bug 853720 tracks the builders not recognizing mozcrash. (Not exactly sure if it’s relevant still, since our builders have been so perma-red for some time; but putting this here just in case.)
- The following are ‘old’ info being kept as a reference:
- We are perma-orange on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta due to problems with tests
- Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- pymake has been discontinued. We need to install the latest Mozilla-build and tooltool on our windows builders (tracked by bug 1023644 )
- No langpacks since 29th August 2013 on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- The plan will to concentrate on delivering 2.29 and potentially a security release for 2.26.
- Beta based on Gecko 32 will hopefully be tagged tonight.
- Since this is the first test of the new build code, the process for beta releasing might be a bit rocky to start with.
- There will be at least two beta releases.
- The final release will be about a week after the Firefox one, to ensure any major issues have been shaken out.
- Callek / ewong will post / blog about it soon.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey
- This tool goes a little further beyond simply modifying install.rdf – it also identifies a few more other things in the code that are Firefox or Thunderbird specific and attempts to change them. Of course, not all extensions can be ported so easily to SeaMonkey since there’s only so much an automated tool like that can do.
Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey: http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
- InvisibleSmiley has been working with the author of Nostalgy to make it work with recent TB/SM versions. The latest, fully compatible version is only available from his homepage though.
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
- bug 798174 (DOMi2.0.15) DOM Inspector 2.0.15.
- The checklist for a new release is at https://wiki.mozilla.org/DOM_Inspector/Releases/Checklist. IanN has been working on this, needs to build a new package following feedback.
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Stalled. Needs a kick.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly. Tracked in:
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 25 new, 8 fixed, 6 triaged.
- Low triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- TODO: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I’m sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Fixed for c-c:
- bug 1046826 Use m-c’s config/makefiles/debugmake.mk in c-c’s rules.mk
- bug 1048042 Port |bug 780159 – Remove obsolete REGCHROME| and |bug 935387 – Remove non recursed install targets| to comm-central
- bug 1049935 Port |bug 1045783 – move OS_LIBS += $(call EXPAND_LIBNAME,…) calls to moz.build| to comm-central
- bug 1049936 Port |bug 1046784 – move -DNOMINMAX definitions to moz.build| to comm-central
- bug 1050086 C-c needs a “port” of bug 1047267
- bug 1051619 Port |bug 914274 – Remove MODULE_NAME| to comm-central
- Fixed for m-c:
- Fixed for m-i:
- bug 1054470 Remove unused MOZ_APP_COMPONENT_INCLUDE
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- bug 882968 Clean up and move DEFINES and friends to moz.build in comm-central
- bug 1049800 Package extensions into xpis
- bug 1051642 Allow for flat chrome format when packaging extensions
- bug 1052943 Move additions to C*FLAGS into moz.build and do not link against the static RTL
- bug 1053444 Remove MOZ_APP_COMPONENT_MODULES from comm-central
- bug 1054526 Move LDFLAGS / WIN32_EXE_LDFLAGS out of Makefiles for c-c
- bug 1054536 Port *FLAG and related changes to config.mk
- bug 1054727 TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | check-sync-dirs.py | build file copies are not in sync, port mozconfig.cache and client.mk changes from m-c to c-c
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- bug 1047981 Port |bug 1047924 – When building with ac_add_options –enable-extensions extensions are put expanded into the wrong location in dist/bin| to comm-central
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.
Needs checkin (waiting for greener tree):
- bug 233513 Text zoom in composer.
- bug 1047114 Fix popup blocker fallout from bug 1024391.
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of getCharsetForURI.
- bug 1052307 Whitelist XBL bindings applied to content.
Needs checkin and aurora approval (waiting for greener tree):
- bug 1043589 Password autocomplete no longer works.
Needs beta checkin:
- bug 934492 Adjust the preference panes for the removal of the charset data source.
Needs beta backout (bug 933462 was backed out on Gecko 30):
Needs mozilla checkin:
- bug 1053420 Improve new nsTArray rvalue reference methods.
Waiting for review:
- bug 1051852 Web pages can’t add search engines.
- bug 1048979 Search engine icons should be limited to 16px.
Waiting for review on fixed patch:
- bug 1054289 Page does not scroll to anchor set by script.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 970993 Aero Peek rendering issues.
Any other business?
- [Ratty] KaiRo reminded us that we need to grow our contributor community. Perhaps we can get some Engagement experts from Mozilla to give us some suggestions?
- [IanN] might have a chat with some people and see if they can point me in the right direction.
SeaMonkey Meeting Details