« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says they don’t want additional specific consumers of the service right now and want to enable some general way of accessing it “some time” – We can only wait right now. No easy solution in sight. Also, discussing a possible open Geolocation service.
- Based on Gecko 22.214.171.124, RELEASED on July 20.
open blockers (0)
blocker requests (1)
- Based on Gecko 126.96.36.199, target dates TBD, see Releases.
- Release schedule will be synchronized with the next Firefox 3.5 release (3.5.12).
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 3
open blockers (3)
blocker requests (2)
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, a3 in late July or early August, b1 in August/September, and a final in October/November.
- This seems to match recently presented Firefox 4 plans relatively well – they’ll go for beta really soon now and Final in the same timeframe as we have in those plans right now.
- It would be good to get OOPP (Out Of Process Plugins) for SM2.1 but we need some way to build libxul to be able to build OOPP. Various Mailnews work has to be done (and is being done) for that to be possible.
- The freeze for Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 has been carried out, and the Mozilla/Gecko version has been bumped to 2.0b2pre.
- When can we freeze? When can we land places bookmarks?
- Possible freeze date Tuesday 10th. August. This might give Neil enough time to review Places Bookmarks.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 50 new, 27 fixed, 24 triaged.
- Fix rate is back up, esp. last week!
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 423281 Help updates.
- bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn’t pay a price for having Venkman installed [Mnyromyr].
- Needs at least a core patch landing for 188.8.131.52 bug 364864 (nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration) which depends on bug 480851 getting fixed on trunk.
- Mnyromyr hopes to get to look into Venkman now that he’s released Mnenhy 0.8.
- status/progress? Any hopes that this will still make 2.0?
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service [mcsmurf].
- Landed on trunk, Callek and mcsmurf working to get it onto branch.
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie].
- Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- The current consensus it to get some basic functionality going with OpenSearch first. And then later to see how much of the old functionality we can reimplement in follow-ups.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- Currently unowned, helpwanted.
- [InvisibleSmiley: I’m looking into this, finished an initial port, but no success yet]
- bug 498596 Places bookmarks. [KaiRo]
- Still waiting on reviews from Neil, patches have been split up into separate bugs per partial issue.
- bug 480734 Satchel data editor (“Form Manager”).
- will be implemented in terms of Data Manager, see below.
- bug 569341 Data Manager [KaiRo]
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We’re still trying to work out some organizational issues.
- At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- Still needs quite a bit of work.
- bug 522023 is working on improving the browser globe in task icons, etc..
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 97023 Search/Find in page UI: toolbar instead of dialog [bfrisch].
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- Waiting on feedback requests.
- bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak].
- Misak has ported major items. Follow up bugs and patches have either landed or are in process.
- Already Fixed: getBrowserAtIndex(), getBrowserIndexForDocument(), loadTabs(), loadOneTab(), change addTab(), getIcon(), selectTabAtIndex(), web progress notifications for all tabs, progress Listener and Tab Progress Listener onLinkIconAvailable callback, Site icons places history and bookmarks.
- TODO: bug 562649 set and correctly handle userTypedValue when loading external URIs. bug 570981 Remove URLBarSetURI’s aValid parameter.
- bug 563261 Lightweight themes / personas [KaiRo].
- LANDED for browser windows! Bugs for a few followups are filed, some have patches.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf].
We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted
Also the nominations need triaging.
- We need to find a solution for Lightning, which is targeting Thunderbird 3.1 now.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2). Further versions will probably be for 2.0-based releases.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 576820 Provide saner Error Console Spew (or none) when Firefox 4 manifest features are used.
- bug 579241 Update c-c packaging to account for libangle.so newly added to m-c.
- bug 569839 Port bug 569365 (kill preprocessor.pl) to comm-central.
- Fixed: bug 579747 Page Info – Permissions, Ineffectual on https: sites.
- Working on: bug 572389 Remove gopher references from SeaMonkey code.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Bugs fixed:
- Bugs being worked on:
- Customize Composer toolbars.
- Working on:
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- Scripts for bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files
- Released SeaMonkey 2.0.6.
- Landed the lightweight themes patch (bug 563261).
- Filed followups for lwthemes on Mac (bug 579737), in MailNews (bug 579738) and in Composer (bug 579739).
- Created and landed patch for security “button” theming improvements (bug 579731).
- Worked on a patch for tab bar theming improvements (bug 579732).
- Landed packaging fix for XPCOM registration (bug 577859).
- Landed getFileDisplayName cleanup (bug 572454) and tabContainer rename (bug 577756).
- Discussed GSoC project, did midterm evaluations, and made Harini’s work known to Planet Mozilla readers.
- The feature-complete Data Manager version 0.9 is now public on AMO.
- Split place bookmarks work (bug 498596) into per-step bugs (bug 580656, bug 580658, bug 580660, bug 580662, bug 580663) for easier review and updated patches on those. Also worked on tests for that patch set (bug 557496)
- Fixed plugin notification test (bug 573921).
- Did some investigation and a small step for addons search test failures (bug 580223), real fix came from IanN’s work on toEM() though.
- Created a patch to default SeaMonkey to tabbed browsing (bug 505311).
- Filed a bug for better tab loading indicators (bug 581042).
- Started a few discussions SeaMonkey developer meeting and my possible visit to MV, both later this year.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.
Fixed (or in-progress) bugs:
- bug 515006 Port bug 354894 [Session restore doesn’t work if process hasn’t exited (Downloads window open)] to SeaMonkey. (browser_bug515006.js) Fixed.
- bug 558614 Implement Firefox TabBrowser API: loadTabs(), loadOneTab() and change addTab(). Fixed.
- bug 579845 Implement Firefox TabBrowser API: selectTabAtIndex(). Fixed.
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored.
- bug 564677 Port bug 539594 [Middle-clicking back/forward/reload should open the new tab next to the current one].
- bug 577939 Port bug 519216 [Removing a progress listener while it’s being called affects subsequent listeners] and followup bug 577320.
- bug 254800 Add additional headers with values based upon identity.
- bug 576745 Make ChatZilla XPCOM component use new manifests and data tables.
- bug 579860 Consider starting bash in its own console window.
- bug 579931 libgklayout.so link failure because of undefined GLContext methods.
- bug 581151 make chrome no longer works.
- bug 581652 Some versions of gcc won’t compile nsCharSeparatedTokenizer.
- bug 581903 –enable-xterm-updates disables parallel dirs.
- bug 581909 Don’t pass -safeseh to ml64 because the behaviour is buggy.
- bug 533290 extApplication.js, _prefs object unexpectedly garbaged collected.
- bug 576869 Make venkman XPCOM components use new manifests and data tables.
- bug 576900 Make suite XPCOM components use new manifests and data tables.
- bug 579208 Sizes of some XUL elements changes when lightweight themes are applied.
- bug 579272 context menu background is transparent [venkman].
- bug 581307 XPCOMUtils should provide a convenient way to lazily import modules.
- bug 581309 Remove unused properties from XPCOMUtils.
- bug 370387 In Advanced/General/Choose “en-US” (set via intl.accept_languages) is not match to “en-us”.
- bug 517469 Port bug 363130: make menuitem icons 16x16px consistently on Windows/Linux.
- bug 534322 PageInfo Dialog is too short.
- bug 570970 Move the Link Behaviour preferences from the tabs pane to a separate pane.
- bug 571517 [SeaMonkey] Don’t pass strings to setTimeout.
- bug 572682 Move popups, panels, and tooltips into popupsets (e.g. mainPopupset).
- bug 577225 Second getChildList parameter is now optional.
- bug 577514 Remove redundant pref-offline UI which was commented out since 2001.
- bug 518736 Lightning options button in Add-on window error – looking for preferences.xul. waiting for review.
- bug 529240 Make drop down menus for back and forward buttons middle/Ctrl-clickable.
- bug 536904 Add toggletoolbar=”true” to the windows that should have a Mac toolbar toggle pill.
- bug 579737 Make lightweight themes / personas work with browser on Mac.
- bug 580323 Fix up autocomplete-history-popup menuitem in mac classic.
- bug 581686 Page Info tabs aren’t drawn correctly.
Any other business?