Schedule & Progress onUpcoming Releases (Liz/Sylvestre/Lawrence)
38.0.5 is going to the release channel but until we are certain it’s stable there we can’t put 39 onto the beta channel. 39 will have only 3.5 weeks on beta. One of those will be the workweek in Whistler.
- 38.0.5 beta 4 [mobile] release today
- 38.0.5 [mobile] go to build (for the release channel) today
- 38.0.5 [mobile] release Thursday
- 39.0 beta 1 build 2 [mobile] [desktop] should finally be on the beta channel on Thursday. Still not 100% certain.
- Dev edition special release coming up; we should avoid doing anything to destabilize aurora right now.
Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
Firefox for iOS
- iOS Roadmap in Aha!
- No recent changes to iOS roadmap. See Aha! for the current ‘story’.
- V1.0 continues to progress
- Sync continues to chug along – History!
- Ongoing improvements around scrolling and other visuals
- Call for (additional) external beta testers received notable attention
- New release date has not been established yet. Dependent on external feedback trends, as the program ramps up. Downstream teams will be notified with sufficient lead team once we have a better idea of timing.
Firefox for Android
- Fennec Roadmap in Aha!
- ‘Mobile browsing history prioritized over synced DT history’ de-prioritized, and moved out to 42
- ‘quick search bar above keyboard’ will not hit 40. Moved to 41.
- There are a handful of over items that ‘may’ be targeted/re-targeted shortly. Follow-ups in progress. (Voice Integration, QR Code Reader, Magnifying glass on clustered links, click-to-view-images). Watch for updates!
- Update – QR Code Reading and Voice Integration now targeted for 41
Developer Tools (Jeff)
- final stages of devedition-40 project, things are looking 10% less crazy than they did last time. I call it a win?
- 97 user-facing bugs fixed since early April
- hacks blog post, website content and 2 screencasts all in flight
- might have a fun surprise?
Feedback Summary (Cheng/Tyler/Matt)
No updates today.
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction (Arcadio)
- Full throttle on Spring campaign
- Android test campaign results coming in from Yahoo network
Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays – 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details – NEW