- Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: conference# 95312
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- vidyo: Warp Core
Major Topics for This Week
- Change the format of this meeting. See the post from blassey.
- Native UI Update
- Summit last week
- Fennec Native component in bugzilla
- we have a task list. Working on P1s and P2s
- If you want to get involved, look at the P3s and P4s.
- Why are we doing all of this?!
- from 75mb RSS and 35mb RSS child (some shared) –> 65mb RSS
- startup from 6s to 200ms (awesome bar)
- Summit last week
- Birch tree management
- Landing m-c –> twice a week.
- see blassey or dougt if you have questions
- Seek reviews
- We now have desktop parity random orange
- All unstarred mobile oranges should should be treated the same as desktop
- To get here we had to disable two test suite subsets (J1 and R2)
- see 
- bug 694499 landed on mozilla-central which allows for android builds on OSX
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
- Last week: implemented the save-as-pdf and visited-link-coloring features
- This week: window behavior on keyboard appearing, fixing about:crashes
- Blocking: nothing so far (the blocked bookmarks bug was stolen from me)
Last week: startup cache (bugs 696095, 695145)
Next week: continue startup cache work; discuss enabling disk cache on mobile with Necko team
Issues: looking for a way to delete/update/install a file in the profile, how to copy a file from the APK, and how to detect recent installation? (first run)
- Implemented a first version of download notifications, helped Margaret to take that task over
- Reviewed IME bugs to select those applicable to the native UI: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/IME_Bugs
- Work on IME bugs
- Last week: DoorHanger plumbing and mockup UI
- This week: Fixing the bugs, Popup blocking
- Worked on basic implementation of tabs
- Worked on newer Event management at Java side
- Worked on Add/Remove bookmarks
- Fixed few bugs relating to favicons
- Waiting on visual assets and designs for the browser toolbar and the tabs-tray
- Last week: Prompt Service
- This week:
- Select elements – have single and multiple select working. Working on optgroups. Need to split the patch up so we can land this stuff if we want.
- Context menus – WIP in the bug
- Find something near your finger for clicks
- Blocking: Nothing
- Last week: initial implementation of AwesomeBar with frecency/bookmarks/history
- Next week: work on follow up patches for AwesomeBar to implement missing bits (favicons, proper focus/keyboard behaviour, tab layout, etc)
- Blocking: nothing so far
- Last week: command-line handler fixes for birch; meta viewport support for birch; wrapping up regression fixes for Fx9 and Fx10; interviewing.
- Next week: meta viewport support for birch; tracking one remaining blocker for Fx10 (bug 694795); interviewing.
- Blocking: enabling meta viewport support on birch will be blocked on viewport scaling/panning.
- See also http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/weekly-updates.fcgi/user/mbrubeck/posts
- Last week: reimplement quit to shut down nicely (backed out), API for addons to add menu items, planning, clear history
- This week: who knows
- This week: App Updates, and sync last screen and last uri preference.
- next week: working with patrick on landing on birch.
- blocked: nope.
- last week : started on add-on support
- this week : finishing add-on support, open web apps API, JS menu and doohanger API
- Last week: primary UI layout, primary layout again with ICS
- This week: working out add-ons install/management flow, to hand off to Patryk for detailed design
- Blocked on: decision on how we can simplify sync
- Last week:
- Discussed overall design direction with UX
- Adjusted UI decisions based on things we learned about ICS
- This week:
- Primary UI – http://www.flickr.com/photos/61892693@N03/6280342051/in/photostream
- Tabs – http://www.flickr.com/photos/61892693@N03/6280970438/in/photostream
- Menu – http://www.flickr.com/photos/61892693@N03/6280463749/in/photostream
- AwesomeScreen – http://www.flickr.com/photos/61892693@N03/6281225584/in/photostream
- WIP on more polished headers – http://cl.ly/0w0i3a1C3P0u3K2w3W3C
- Will start sending out more detailed specs / visual assets asap
- Blocked on
- Last week: n/a
- This week: doorhanger detailed designs
- Blocked on: madhava for add-ons flow
- startup times directions
- handful of p1 and p2 bugs without owners (QA)
- What are the plans around l10n and Fennec Native bug 695565 bug 697384 (QA)
- Tracking flags were not created for the Fennec Native product do we want them? Create a bug for this and set to block bug 695027? (QA)
- Concern about bug 696732 Rotation can cause a blank screen fx9 affected
- Triage of non-priority set bugs – usual thursday thing?