« last meeting | index
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: “We don’t have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time.” – We can only wait right now.
- KaiRo emailed Google again more than 8 weeks ago and again 5 weeks ago, no reply yet, even though the MoCo geolocation contact has poked the Google contact as well.
- KaiRo will try to get this process restarted.
- Ratty has drafted out some messages to encourage extension authors to make their extensions compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0. Once the text is agreed on, we can let AMO disseminate them for us. The messages should target two groups:
- Existing SeaMonkey extensions that haven’t been upgraded to 2.0.
- Firefox and Thunderbird extension authors encouraging them to make their extensions compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0.
- AMO bug 527919 is tracking this issue. AMO is amenable to mailing existing SeaMonkey extension authors but thinks the second category falls under marketing rather than compatibility upgrades,
- KaiRo to add to the known issues page additional items from the SeaMonkey 2.0 Final/Feedback section from the previous meeting. Somebody needs to go through the items and sort out what needs to be added.
SeaMonkey 2.0 Feedback
Only unresolved items are tracked here – and we should find a way to deal with it for every item talked about in this section!
- The new Password and Form Managers seem to be hard for people to grasp. There is an existing documentation bug, bug 463903 for form autocomplete.
- Need for a form history editor to edit/delete incorrect entries. We can make use of an existing bug (bug 480734) to track a native Forms editor.
- Need some sort of FAQ on the SeaMonkey site to cover issues such as a simple pointer to double-click / down arrow in form fields.
- For some users cut&paste isn’t working for some Windows 7 users. Specifically, nothing gets pasted (bug 525601.
- This has been traced to the McAfee Site Advisor component of the McAfee Internet Security Suite. A regression range has been identified (2007110103/2007103102). This regression range corresponds to a similar cut and paste problem in Thunderbird 3.0a but not involving McAfee. Neil has looked at the changeset involved and has a tentative patch proposed.
- The McAfee techs would like a developer from the SeaMonkey side to assist them in tracking down the problem. Do we have someone with the required skillset? Perhaps Neil.
- Possible bug? MailNews reported as high CPU being caused by having news downloaded without bounds, i.e. no purging. This could explain some people reporting 2.0 is slow as well due to large email or news folders causing blocked main threads when getting messages.
open blockers (1)
blocker requests (0)
- Fixed bugs are actually 138 when including the not-yet-disclosed security issues.
- New language in this release: Italian
- Should be released TODAY in sync with Firefox 3.5.6, currently scheduled for December 15.
- Even though the SeaMonkey-specific fixes are only some smaller ones, the improved mailnews maturity, and the core crash and security fixes are worth it for sure.
- Blockers and nominations mostly were put off to 2.0.2.
- Updates have been on the beta channel for a few days, no big problems reported.
- Testday last week did not find any serious issues, though 10 bugs were reported by people on there.
open blockers (2)
blocker requests (3)
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 60 new, 27 fixed, 67 triaged.
- Back to resolving more bugs than we get reported.
- We can do even more triaging, esp. when we start to look at trashing 1.x-only bugs as well (and see if any still happen on 2.x).
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 423281 Help updates.
- bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn’t pay a price for having venkman installed.
- Needs at least a core patch landing for 220.127.116.11 bug 364864 nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration.
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service. New patch needed.
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie]
- Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- bug 449728 drag tabs between windows
- bug 498596 places bookmarks
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.1) Composer
- Will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer
- Will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 are done.
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug
- Still needs quite a bit of work.
- bug 522023 is working on improving the browser globe in task icons, etc..
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
We also should take a look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2.1+
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Waiting approval for 1.9.1.x:
- bug 525373 Make customizable toolbars play nicely with children with disabled attributes (toolkit)
- bug 510920 Sync to breakpad revision 350 for breakpad fix 248, 10.5+ SDK compat
- Waiting for reviews:
- bug 439134 “Customize toolbars” window a bit too small on linux – cuts off the “Restore defaults” button.
- bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
- Working on:
- bug 515967 Add icons to addressbook menulist in Search Addresses.
- bug 519133 Newsgroup list in Message Filters Dialog has blank entry and extra separator.
- bug 529647 Make Search and Go buttons widgets for Browser customizable toolbars – waiting for review but new patch needed.
- bug 532190 Multiple references to bookmark-item.png which doesn’t exist in Modern (.gif does)
- bug 533348 Correct changeset 0174b636d5ee (fix broken Modern rules in alert.css/accountCentral.css/pageInfo.css) (new mail notification/download complete/update “toaster” tray area popup text and Page Info Feeds Tab items missing margin/padding)
- Waiting for Reviews
- bug 533125 Implement browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab functionality on Seamonkey to avoid closing browser with last tab
- bug 534330 Order of status/task/component bar icons for suite components is different in the MailNews standalone message window
- Working On
- Orbit 3+1 for SeaMonkey 2, including subskins (99% completed)
- Made 2.0.1 updates work on beta channel with some manual trickery, cared that 2.0.2 will have them work from the beginning
- Updated our build infrastructure to current buildbot and buildbotcustom versions bug 532676
- Replied to a long list of support requests from the last 2 months
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- Working on various bugs like
- bug 529741 Port bug Bug 407875 to SeaMonkey so unprivileged users are notified / can check for updates
- bug 444913 Port |Bug 413781 – XBLify folder-selection menus| to SeaMonkey
- Helping out with some Mac-only bug
- bug 530735 Consider to use same undo close tab mechanism as in Firefox.
- bug 71105 No new mail notification (biff) in browser until mail/news window has been opened at least once.
- bug 483681 [Venkman] Make SetInitAtStartup actually work.
- bug 456874 Need a policy/rule of thumb, for new prefpane usage by extensions.
- bug 521803 tabbrowser.xml: “Error: this.mPanelContainer is null”, opening MailNews.
- bug 521891 Need pref pane entry for extension blocklist feature.
- bug 522278 Header pane does no longer expand, shows scroll bar instead when opening address lists.
- bug 528777 Save on HDD does not work from context menu.
- bug 533079 Stream loader should use exposed allocator to provide adoptable memory.
- bug 525601 Copy and cut (clipboard) functions do not work in SM 2.0.
- bug 532617 -moz-background-size does not serialise if all standard background properties are present and all other non-standard background properties have their default value.
- bug 533332 [regression] “make -C mailnews xpcshell-tests” doesn’t run composer tests.
- bug 533355 nsPrefBranch tries and fails to clean up some stale weak references.
- bug 533956 SearchInputChanged is not defined.
- bug 526148 Port bug 525712 (Remove dead throbber-specific code from customizeToolbar.js, handle it in themes).
- bug 531526 [SM2.0.1] Workaround browser.toolbars.showbutton.* prefs that should not have been migrated from 1.1.
- bug 531645 “My Yahoo” should be “My Yahoo!” in the list of feed handlers (Port bug 432118).
- bug 531661 Add an ID for the “Show Remote Content” button.
- bug 531779 MailNews: The File Button is not initialized until restart after being dragged out of the palette window and on to a toolbar.
- bug 534789 [Weave] Seamonkey Sync broken when stripping thunderbird.
- bug 511678 keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+M should invoke “compose mail” in alternate mode.
- bug 527919 Obtain a list of extension author email addresses so that the SeaMonkey Council can mass mail them (like Thunderbird did).
- bug 517291 [AMO Extension] Bandwagon can work with Seamonkey 2.
Bug triage and Bug discussions including:
- bug 526521 [Weave] Can’t open preferences in SeaMonkey 2.0.1pre.
- Participated to Testday: Testing SeaMonkey 2.0.1
- Answered a few questions, (got admin rights and) updated a few Litmus testcases.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:
- bug 497072 Remove locale-specific subdomains from SeaMonkey client-generated URLs
- bug 521263 After bug 381269 landing, browser_sanitizer.js breaks browser_passwordmgrdlg.js
- bug 524381 comm-1.9.1 version of debugQA should refer to 1.9.1 trees
- bug 528806 Needs to package htmlpars.dll instead of gkparser.dll after bug 514665, in comm-central (apps)
- bug 533176 Port |Bug 425001 – Tests for bug 400731, 431826 use timers, are fragile| to SeaMonkey
- bug 534410 Update Windows packaging for remaining dll renamings by bug 514665, in SeaMonkey
- bug 534528 Need to package msgAsyncPrompter.js after bug 338549
- bug 533210 Port |changeset – 32527:5d22feabe471 // tests cleanup| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed (MailNews) Core/… (but SM related) bugs:
- bug 521293 Port |Bug 515777 – move css files, hiddenWindow.html to jar| to comm-central (apps)
- bug 534710 Software Update misses libmozsqlite3.so – Restart fails – Program dead
- bug 523820 Remove old MOZILLA_1_9_1_BRANCH ifdefs from comm-central code
- See also
- And working on other areas… like
- infrastructure to run tests
- filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
- doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, filing bugs as needed; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).
- bug 521699 Double clicking on saved web page opens home page.
- bug 528752 [Mac Classic] History drop-down height doesn’t match full number of rows.
- bug 533097 [Mac] Don’t generate show popup menuitems in Tools menu.
Any other business?
- Bugzilla has 4xp as keyword for regressions from Netscape 4 to Mozilla Suite. Is a new keyword for parity bugs between SM1 and SM2 helpful? Hbbb 22:44, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
- KaiRo doesn’t think so as those keywords like 4xp mostly get ignored anyhow. And regressions should get the “regression” keyword anyway.
- Testday last Friday was a good success, and we should treat the bugs in SmTestday with some special attention, as we should show especially new SeaMonkey bug reporters there that we are appreciate them trying to help on testday.
- We slowly but surely need to think about 2.1 planning with regards to alignment with Mozilla platform plans. not much to be decided right now though, as there seems to be some new development in 1.9.3 plans, see Firefox/Roadmap which is not official yet.
- Our next meeting shall be in 4 weeks time on 12 January 2009. In the mean time we will keep in touch informally on IRC.