Meeting Notes

29-December-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/28-Dec-2011

Contents

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • vidyo: Warp Core

Schedule

Major Topics for This Week

  • how do we get nightlies back to dog food quality

Application

Native Front-end

Android Platform

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

Kats

GBrown

AlexP

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

Chris Peterson

GCP

Brian N

Sriram

WesJ

LucasR

MBrubeck

Margaret

Scott (jwir3)

BLassey

DougT

MFinkle

Madhava

Ian Barlow

Patryk Adamczyk

In Ian’s and Madhava’s PTO this week, please direct all UX inquiries to me. I can also help out with any critical visual design bugs that need to be resolved this week (till Thurs EoD) in Ian’s absence.

Last Week
+ Will create an updated spec, to modify colours and graphics to align with the newer style, should only be graphic swap and CSS text

This Week
+ When the new style has been implemented, will file to continue scrub the add-ons manager for inconsistencies

Round Table

SUMO

22-December-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/21-Dec-2011

Contents

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • vidyo: Warp Core

Schedule

Major Topics for This Week

  • We are now on mozilla-aurora!!!

    • approval-aurora on your patches after you land them on mozilla-central
  • Focusing on bug P1 and P2 fixes.
    • If you are working on <= p3, or a feature, talk to your manager.
  • Move MTD to mozilla-aurora. Discuss.

Application

Native Front-end

Android Platform

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

Snorp

Kats

  • Last week

    • did some find-in-page stuff to prototype but it’s not going in 1.0 so stopped that shortly after

    • Fixed miscellaneous bugs:
      • Math.copysign on Android 2.2 (bug 710393)

      • bad regex in CrashReporter (bug 702624)
      • unclosed stream warning (bug 710864)
      • opening content in new tabs (bug 708745)
      • alpha blending on first page (bug 709560)
    • Pan/zoom fixes:
      • panning after pinching (bug 708893)

      • multiple zoom rectangles during load (bug 711232)
      • added logging (bug 712037)
      • viewport corruption (bug 711453), one didn’t fix it but new patch should do it
      • page gets stuck in overscroll (bug 709817)
  • Next week:

    • moar bugs! pan/zoom issues are easier to diagnose now that we have logging

    • vacation!

GBrown

Last week:

  • Bug 701076: Robotium work continues. Two patches landed, three to go.

  • Bug 648429 landed…spawned some follow-up bugs.
  • Bug 602611: Discussion about cache improvements.

Next week:

  • Try to land remaining robotium patches, then…away until the 3rd.

AlexP

Last week

  • bug 595008 – Make Android IME more efficient by reducing communication between Java and Gecko

    • Finished the fix, pushed the patch
  • bug 712118 – Form autocomplete is broken because we’re not receiving compositionupdate events
    • Added composition events

    • Submitted the patch
  • Fixed other input bugs:
    • bug 708626 – Pressing physical volume button dismisses keyboard, doesn’t adjust ringer volume

    • bug 705939 – Enter key pressed in the Awesome Bar does not open an URL sometimes

This week

  • Review open IME bugs

  • Leaving for Christmas break on Friday, back on Jan 3

Chris Lord

  • Last week

    • Fixed bug 708307 – Decouple tile size from texture size

    • Worked on bug 709152 – There is excessive checkerboarding when panning, especially on single-core devices
    • Looking at pan/zoom issues
    • Reviews
  • This week

    • Continuing working on bug 709152 (investigating test failures)

    • Discussing bug 709120 – There is often a perceptible delay when the screen is updated during panning
    • Working on bug 711959 – Animations could be performed more efficiently (this contains work that may help with concurrency issues)
    • Still looking at pan/zoom issues in general
    • Reviews?

Chris Peterson

  • Last Week

    • bug 709230 – Optimize Java .class files with ProGuard – waiting for review
  • This Week
    • bug 709845 – Copy/paste bugs for Facebook redirect URLs

    • bug 708792 – Evaluate the effect of HTTP redirects on Fennec startup time
  • Next Week
    • Vacation!

GCP

Brian N

  • Done

    • Finished undo close tabs

    • Session restore with bundle state
    • Started character encoding
  • Next
    • Land session restore

    • Finish character encoding

Sriram

  • Last Week:

    • Completed new tabs menu

    • Completed new URL bar
    • Worked with sync team and posted a WIP for passwords that works :O
  • This Week:
    • Fixed a crazy bug to use landscape specific resources in ICS

    • Fixed few bugs related to form assistant
    • Completed modifying backgrounds and adding curved tabs in Awesomescreen
    • Working on adding a tail to Awesome bar in ICS
    • Packing for vacation :)
  • Blockers:
    • None

WesJ

Multitouch has r+. Will probably land on mc once I’ve run through these final test failures (mostly problems with the tests I wrote). Will not push to Aurora because it involves changes in PresShell which do affect things like mouse event dispatching.

Done

  • Context menu actions for awesomescreen

  • Context menu for save image
  • Master password

Next

  • Fixes needed to turn on local db and sync

LucasR

MBrubeck

Done:

  • bug 699052 – Android back button should close the selected tab and return to the parent tab when possible

  • bug 712506 – Fix urlbar end-cap backgrounds on XHDPI devices
  • bug 376997 – Include TopLevelImageDocument.css in mobile manifest
  • bug 710956 – Fix and re-enable browser_addons.js test
  • bug 703029 – Add text inflation font size prefs to the UI
  • bug 710578 – Pages without contentDocument cause JSON exception in handleLocationChange

Next:

  • Misc bug fixes and polishing to get Fennec 11 (XUL and Native) ready to ship.

Margaret

  • Done:

    • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)

    • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups
  • Next:

    • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)

    • Random bug fixing
    • PTO starting Friday. Back January 4.

BLassey

Last week

  • bug 710905 – about:home flashes before page loads

  • bug 710843 – switch keyboard action button from go to search when action would be a search in the awesome bar
  • bug 709832 – crash [@ mozalloc_abort] typing with vkb in url on the EEEpad Transformer
  • bug 711184 – make sure we don’t do any work creating about:home if we’re not showing about:home
  • bug 709330 – AboutHomeContent.getRecommendedAddonsStream() resource leak because ZipFile was not closed
  • bug 711757 – Fatal Exception: GeckoLooper Thread @ java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width and height must be > 0
  • bug 712296 – IOException on startup due to ZipFile closing before ZipInputStream read in AboutHomeContent
  • bug 712380 – Add support for clobbering the Android resources when needed
  • bug 712536 – null pointer crash when rotating about:home
  • bug 712300 – Checkerboard over about:home footer area

Next week

  • presents!!

DougT

  • Working on startup perf. Couple patches in the works.

  • Screenshot feature doesn’t work for me. Investigation.
  • Back from China. Mozilla Online is doing some interesting stuff.
  • Looking into why S1 startup5.html tests are not showing visually (bug 712163)

MFinkle

Done:

  • Landed a bunch of Sriram’s UI polish/fix patches

  • Reviewed a bunch of small patches for nice UI features
  • Working on throbber spinning issue (bug 712414)
  • Working on a patch for fixing some merge-removal for oepnURI
  • Looking into why S1 startup5.html tests are not showing visually (bug 712163)

Next:

  • Noticed that we seem to be sending weird intents when coming back to app (onResume)

  • Figure out the S1 issue (working with Kats and/or Chris)
  • Update the Add-on Manager theme (again)
  • PTO starts tomorrow. Will be around for a few days before going off the grid on 12/27-12/30

Madhava

Ian Barlow

Last week

This week

  • working with Sriram on a few ICS header issues

  • bug 710260 Pre-release (Aurora, Nightly) variants of in-content UI
  • Starting to think about tablets again

FYI I am on vacation all next week so if you need anything, ping me today or tomorrow! :)

No blockers

Patryk Adamczyk

Last Week
+ Worked on the text inflation bug 705278
+ Scrubbed the add-on screens for layout inconsistencies and added comments to bug 704415
+ Created a “find in page” proposal http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrykdesign/sets/72157628485933281/with/6538751287/

This Week
+ Will create an updated spec, to modify colours and graphics to align with the newer style, should only be graphic swap and CSS text
+ Will file to continue scrub the add-ons manager for inconsistencies

Round Table

QA

  • Feature Testing progress sheet: Testplan

    • weekly standup on friday mornings at 10am. we cover a list of top issues and blocking issues, will roll those up in an email

    • look for individual pings to feature devs on reviewing testcases
  • continue to triage all incoming bugs

SUMO

  • Latest SUMO report feedback? Email to MoCo topic was: users want support for their device, with a top ten list of requested devices, based on last six weeks of ‘I have this problem too’ votes on SUMO:

  • Removing the FirefoxforAndroid@mozilla.com email from android market description; thoughts?

  • XUL

  • Sync

21-December-2011

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-12-20


last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> jhopkins

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to rebron@mozilla.com so that he can send them a shirt!

  • Hashem Masoud for his strong involvement in bugzilla.

  • alta88 for his RSS feed handling improvements

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner
  • UI and behaviour polish patch has landed (bug 700536)

  • We need to land a tiny patch that takes into account longer strings in buttons that was screwing up our layout somewhat (bug 711968)
OpenSearch
Test Pilot
  • a few fix-ups this week
Tabs on Top
  • On the brink of landing. I hope. Sid has noticed some issues with Tabs on Top and TestPilot, so he’s looking into that.
Big Files
Click-to-Web

Schedule and Progress

Thunderbird 9
  • Releasing today.
Thunderbird 10
  • Merges to beta today, will be doing builds later this week.
Thunderbird 11
  • Merges to aurora today.
Thunderbird 3.1.x
  • Releasing 3.1.17 today

Extension of the week

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

  • Thunderbird ADUs reached all time high 7.9MM last week, normalizing this week due to the holidays at around 7.6MM ADUs.

  • Tb 9 release work.

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

  • Thunderbird 9.0 beta 5

  • Thunderbird 9.0 final builds
  • Bug 710350 – Don’t hard-code ‘firefox’ and ‘fennec’ in misc.py
  • Bug 698843 – Build Thunderbird on Firefox infrastructure (should be getting some help from armenzg in the new year)

Web Update

  • TB9->10 compatiblity bump done, should go live on thursday

  • Over 50% of locales are done l10n for TB9 content updates, including all major ones
  • fought with webtrends a bunch last week for kitsune analysis, not done yet but today hopefully!

Documentation

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 1147 new support topics (1176 one week ago) – Media:Thunderbird-GetSatisfaction-stats-12-18Dec2011-2011-12-19_1453.png

  2. Thunderbird 9 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 and tag them tb9
  3. Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory
  4. Experimental twice a day Thunderbird support report showing trending topics, ISPs, mail providers, tags, anti-virus and active contributors at thunderbirdrobot.posterous.com. Unfortunately due to what seems like a bug in the posterous API it’s truncated (same report from another developer). Luckily I have an email backup which I can use to fix it. Help wanted with the code: i) email to Posterous script, ii) post to API Posterous script; contact rtanglao AT mozilla.com or send me a github pull request
  5. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
  6. Happy Holidays and thanks to all who contributed to support in 2011! Thunderbird Get Satisfaction year in numbers work in progress: over 4000 topics solved by contributors and employees; over 25000 replies by contributors and employees

Lightning Updates

  • lightning 1.1 released to AMO yesterday

  • hope to have Thunderbird 10 and Lightning beta out for Christmas

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

  • no meeting next week

  • looking at how to move ispdb updates faster

Attendees

  • sancus, jenzed, standard8, rolandtanglao, rebron, gozer, jhopkins

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Platform/2011-12-20


« previous week | index | next week »

Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays – 11:00 am Pacific

  • Warp Core Vidyo Room
  • 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

VS 2010 Switch

Notices / Schedule

QA has found a reliable reproduction to Top Crasher #11 on Mac. Bill McCloskey is currently attempting to catch the issue in a debugger to characterize the problem.

Firefox Development

Firefox Developer Tools

  • Holy crap Tilt landed!

Performance

GFX

JS

Layout

  • text-overflow changes landed on trunk to improve Web compatibility. Will need to consider uplifting to beta after the merge. Fixes roundcube webmail.

  • Bug 511909. Allow @-rules to nest when parsing CSS.
  • Bug 704706 SVG crasher
  • Bug 703861 – hyphenation fixes

Video

  • Discussed on dev.platform ways to deploy Opus as a format for <audio>. Reaching out to other browser vendors (Microsoft) to see if we can get buy-in for Opus in a WebM/MKV container as a universal audio codec. If we can, we’ll do it, otherwise we probably won’t.

DOM

WebAPI

  • WebSMS for android will be landing very soon.

  • Starting to look at bluetooth
  • IndexedDB progress, all in FF11
    • File and Blobs can be stored in database

    • Arrays-as-keys
    • More! We’re basically feature complete!
    • Mad props to Jan Varga and Ben Turner who’s pulled several late nights to get all this in for FF11

Network

  • Websockets updated to final draft of IETF and W3C specs. We’ve unprefixed MozWebSocket -> WebSocket on aurora, so are on track to ship unprefixed in FF 11.
    • Still have some more work to support large blobs/messages more efficiently.

Plugins

Mobile

  • Mobile will be landing more than usual patches to Aurora, including some string changes

  • Mobile Aurora will be updating to Native UI. Tablet users might want to move to Beta.
  • Firefox 9 has been submitted to the Amazon AppStore.
  • Mobile Test Driver program has been very successful in dogfooding the Native UI.

Accessibility

Tree Management

  • 75 new tegras coming online today (we currently have 135 active)

Security

Date / Time Item
Thu Dec 22 / 10:00 PST ThunderBird Big Files
Fri Dec 23 / 10:00 PST HOLIDAY

Calendar and Meeting details

General Meeting Details
* IRC Channel: #security
* Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview
* Dial-in Info:
** In office or soft phone: extension 92
** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92
** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
** Conference num 624

Stability Report

Socorro

  • Crashes weren’t showing up

    • bug 711545 – go to about:crashes, the crashes weren’t showing (collector went down).

    • bug 711565 – incoming crashes to the collector.
      • All crashes were collected, it’s a network issue between the collector and HBase
    • Need to get all the orphaned crashes processed.
      • Waiting on IT for this
  • Admin UI caching issue
    • bug 707991 – the admin UI caching problem.

    • bug 712079 – Laura logged this bug to address the issue.
      • Will be fixed this week. Regression from a performance improvement we recently shipped (more aggressive caching)
  • bug 711767 – Mobile top crash reports not showing up. Got pushed yesterday (2.3.4.2)
    • Caused by incorrect escaping of characters in a new signature. Fixed by doing scheduled rewrite of this now.
  • Separate reporting for Fennec and FennecAndroid builds should ship this week (2.3.5)

Desktop

  • Beta

    • bug 711794 – Mac related startup crash appeared on b6. Marcia has been able to reproduce this with the Nectak toolbar.

    • Going to get Socorro team to run a custom correlation report to determine how prevalent this toolbar is.

Mobile

  • Haven’t had great visibility around mobile crashes due to bug 711767 – should have been fixed yesterday.

  • Top crashes broken up by app id – fix to be deployed on Wed.
  • Most crashes relate to changing orientations and paning/scrolling.
  • bug 711852
  • bug 711853
  • bug 706704 – Issue with ADUs that should have been resolved.
  • bug 670930
  • bug 711687
  • Enabling a bunch of stuff that will be highly dependent HW. Might see some spikes in signatures.

Roundtable

  • Next meeting

20-December-2011

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-19

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

WeeklyUpdates/2011-12-19


« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

Friends of the Tree

Speaker Location: Mountain View

Joe Drew and jdm nominate Mihai Sucan for his incredibly supportive review comments for new contributors, like in bug 704295.

Jean-Yves Perrier (in behalf of the MDN writers team) nominates Florian Scholz for creating and maintaining the Doc Tracker Tools.

Upcoming Events

Speaker Location: Mountain View

This Week

Monday, 19 December

Brownbag: Why Capture-the-Flag Hacking Contests are fun.

2pm Pacific – 10 Forward

Frederik Braun will present the concept of capture-the-flag style hacking competitions, describe the existing game types, and emphasize each type’s special strategies.

Tuesday, 20 December

Brownbag: Designing for Trust – User Interfaces and Privacy

2pm Pacific – 10 Forward

Ilana Westerman will be speaking about her firm’s experience with user testing privacy workflows and user expectations in mobile phones and mobile UIs.

Wednesday, 21 December

Wednesday is SUMO Day! Help Firefox users and those who upgraded to Firefox 9 on the contributor-powered Firefox support forum.

Thursday, 22 December

Friday, 23 December

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox

Speaker Location: Toronto

  • FF9 release tomorrow for desktop and mobile (including the sexy new tablet UI)!

  • Migration day is tomorrow

Thunderbird

Speaker Location:

Older Branch Work

Speaker Location:

Drumbeat

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Presenter Topic Media More Details Location
Your Name Here What are you going to talk about? Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen Link to where audience can find out more information What location will you be transmitting from?
Aakash Desai Mozillians.org Dashboard Demo Metrics Dashboard (Click on “Mozillians.org”) Mountain View
John Slater mozilla.org Redesign / One Mozilla One Mozilla Blog SF
Cheng Wang SUMO Day is Wednesday! [1] SUMO Blog MV

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

Test Execution
WebQA
QA Community
Automation Services

Automation & Tools

  • Restarted cross browser startup test. Getting data, but now finding bugs in the dashboard. You can see some data here

  • BMO/Pulse integration is being reviewed
  • BMO/Orange Factor (war on orange) integration in security review
  • Landing patches to get reftests turned on for native fennec
  • Robocop (native fennec UI automation) is landing this week
  • More updates here

Security

Date / Time Item
Wed Dec 21 / 13:00 PST AVAILABLE
Thu Dec 22 / 10:00 PST ThunderBird Big Files
Fri Dec 23 / 10:00 PST HOLIDAY

Calendar and Meeting details

General Meeting Details
* IRC Channel: #security
* Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview
* Dial-in Info:
** In office or soft phone: extension 92
** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92
** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
** Conference num 624

Engagement

PR

Events

Creative Team

Community Marketing

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Apps

Note: Can all Mozillians please register asap for the Developer Preview.

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

New Hire Introduced by Speaker location Will be working on
New person’s name here Who will be introducing that person? From which office will that introduction be transmitted? What will the new person be working on?
Tasha Simpson Jane Finette Mt View Tasha is joining the User Engagement team for 4 weeks working on various consumer content projects.

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

15-December-2011

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Mobile/Notes/14-Dec-2011


Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • vidyo: Warp Core

Schedule

  • 12/20 is the next merge

Major Topics for This Week

Application

Native Front-end

Android Platform

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

Snorp

Kats

  • Last week

    • did a bunch of reviews for pan/zoom stuff

    • implemented scrollbars fade-away (bug 704784)
    • fixed regression causing viewport corruption (bug 708683)
    • fixed viewport adjustment on rotation (bug 704738)
    • fixed background tabs messing with foreground viewport (bug 709805)
    • did some work on find-in-page (bug 695172)
    • looked through unassigned p1/p2s and closed a couple that have been fixed
  • Next week

    • see if find-in-page can be done and polished by dec 20

    • other p3 bugs in my list, or any unassigned p1/p2 bugs that need work
    • see if i can get robotium working locally using patches from bug 701076 and get some regression testing for pan/zoom

GBrown

Last week:

  • supporting Robotium efforts

Next week:

  • more Robotium!

AlexP

Last week

  • bug 595008 – Make Android IME more efficient by reducing communication between Java and Gecko

    • Researched the possibility to reuse BaseInputConnection class functionality

    • Implemented the change & submitted for review
    • Tested on several devices with different IMEs
  • The change simplifies the input handling, makes it less error-prone, and fixes some existing bugs (at least bug 706342, bug 708918)

This week

Chris Lord

  • Last Week:

    • Fixed bug 705092 – Kinetic scrolling on web content is a bit too slow now

    • Worked on bug 709120 – There is often a perceptible delay when the screen is updated during panning
    • Worked on bug 708307 – Decouple tile size from texture size
    • Try to help snorp with gralloc stuff
    • Reviews
  • This Week:
    • Fixed bug 708307 – Decouple tile size from texture size (also fixes bug 705387)

    • Working on bug 709152 – There is excessive checkerboarding when panning, especially on single-core devices
    • Looked at using GLES2.0 (not trivial like I thought :()
    • Look at using NPOT textures
    • Continue looking at optimising panning perf
    • Reviews

Chris Peterson

  • Last Week:

    • bug 708114 – Getting my first Fennec patches reviewed and landed.
  • This Week:
    • bug 709230 – Investigate ProGuard tool to shrink/optimize Java .class files

    • bug 710078 – Land patches to disable auto-updater for Beta and Official builds (which will rely on the Google App Market’s updater)

GCP

  • Last week

    • bug 706740 Firefox locks up and won’t shut down when visiting a phishing test page (and similar bugs)

    • bug 699199 Upgrade path from XUL to native fennec
  • This week
    • Review comments on 699199?

    • bug 696141 Add-ons manager has Ts costs
  • Blockers
    • None

Brian N

  • Done

    • Session restore (tabs/history/undo tab close)
  • Next
    • Minor session restore fixes

    • Character encoding

Sriram

  • Last Week:

    • Completed UI for form assistant

    • Worked on URL bar and found so many problems with action bar height
  • This Week:
    • Completed new Tabs menu

    • Working on URL bar after fixing the number of “drawable/” folders to use
    • Will be working on passwords content providers
  • Blockers:
    • None

WesJ

LucasR

MBrubeck

Done:

  • bug 710302 – going to about: pages does a ‘feeling lucky’ search

  • bug 701804 – PageActions must be initialized before registering actions
  • bug 709485 – Fix browser sizing after toggling the sidebar in tablet mode
  • bug 708937 – Don’t run Android-specific functions on non-Android platforms
  • bug 708772 – Use tablet mode on Android 4 (ICS) tablets (awaiting review)

Next:

  • bug 695178 – download manager (starting on investigation)

  • bug 699052 – back button should close the selected tab and return to the previous tab when possible (almost done; see bug for work-in-progress patch)
  • bug 703029 – expose pref for text inflation font size

Margaret

Done:

Next:

BLassey

Last week:

  • bug 708171 fixed XUL fennec hang (which broke tests) resulting from merge

  • bug 708283 Follow up crash on launch bug for youtube player
  • bug 709267 l10n STRINGSPATH needs to be absolute
  • bug 706574 show native about:home in onCreate
  • bug 704520 stop loading useless honeycomb plugins
  • bug 710194 got rid of strict mode dialog
  • bug 708961 use GeckoAppShell.allocateDirectBuffer instead of ByteBuffer.allocateDirect
  • bug 707929 null pointer exception thrown while reading recommended addons from apk
  • bug 710328 start up crash from null pointer when attaching idle handler

Next week

DougT

MFinkle

Madhava

  • Last week: overall polish review; ui reviews

  • This week: design freeze; keeping track of where final round of polish is here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/AndroidPhoneUI-finishline
    • lots of polish happening right now — see above link for the latest

    • designs in for
      • character encoding

      • clear site prefs
      • itemization of starting-up-the-app cases
  • Two questions!

    • what’s the plan on thumbnail quality

    • who can move readability bugs along?

Ian Barlow

Last week

  • More polish!

This week

No blockers

Patryk Adamczyk

Last Week
+ Updated widget design to reflect the newer aesthetic
+ Created a padding / sizing spec for the widget and attached the assets in bug 708707
+ Updated Add-Ons manager design to reflect the newer aesthetic seen in the header bar and awesome screen, mock ups attached to bug 704415

This Week
+ Will scrub the newly implemented add-ons screens, will file bugs against polish if any abnormalities are seen.
+ Will create an updated spec, to modify colours and graphics to align with the newer style, should only be graphic swap and CSS text colour changes.

Round Table

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Firefox/Planning/2011-12-14


« previous week | index | next week »

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: Warp Core
  • Vidyo Guest URL
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Actions from Last Week

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox Desktop

Release (3.6, 8)

Beta (9)

Aurora (10)

Nightly (11)

Firefox Mobile

Nightly (11)

  • Landed some new things

    • New about:home

    • Better search/go behavior in URLbar
    • Backend for local history/bookmarks
    • Web content clipboard menu for textboxes
  • Regressions

    • Updater is broken

    • Panning is broken

Firefox Sync

  • Firefox 10:

  • Firefox 11+:
    • Java Porting for Sync – is in progress, hand off to mobile this week

      • strings for sync will likely not freeze until mid january

      • Note to developers: Native Sync behavior is undefined if you have multiple fennecs on your device.
    • Favicon Sync – will not make ffx 11.
    • Addon Sync – In development. landing in ffx 11.
  • removed 3.6 addon from amo. the servers will still honor existing 3.6 addons.

Add-on Builder

Add-on SDK

Release (1.3 -> Firefox 8, 9)

  • No issues to report

Stabilization (1.4 -> Firefox 9, 10)

  • Spun 1.4b1 last week

  • Will spin 1.4b2 today
  • We still need more folks testing this release!
  • Still on-track to release 1.4 on January 10, 2012

Development (1.5 -> Firefox 10, 11)

Feedback Summary

Desktop:

Same issues as last week but volume is down 30% from release. Top issues are:

  • Malware/search hijacking (see my email this morning!)

  • Outlook web access
  • Google toolbar requests (possibly related to 3.6 update)
  • Complaints about new Firefox UI (ditto)

Beta:

  • Maybe slower/freezier/not-respondier(?)

  • Maybe something related to youtube/flash
  • Facebook chat issues (although this seems on and off). Also “can’t open facebook”.

Also:

SUMO Day is going to happen week today to cover 9.0 release.

Mobile

UX & User Research

Market Insights

Web Technology

Amazon

  • The Kindle Fire, while selling well, has underwhelmed reviewers of both its hardware and software. The new Silk proxy browser that was bundled with the device also did not offer any speed improvements over regular “unaccelerated” browsing; even Amazon’s own website loads more slowly in “accelerated” mode. Amazon is promising a software update within the next two weeks to address some of these issues. In a common criticism of Android-based tablets, critics also point out that because there are no profiles or parental controls, anyone with access to the device has full access to all content and one-click ordering to everything Amazon sells. Despite this, Amazon is still expected to ship ~4m units by the end of the year and is continuing to grow the Silk team, recently advertising for engineers to work on SPDY.

Google

  • In a blog post celebrating the 10 billionth application download from the Android market, Google noted that there are “100 million words translated every week in 200 different countries” with the service.
  • Google made a much more public announcement regarding their Pepper API/Native Client strategy by staging a promotional event last week. “Bastion” an award-winning role-playing game from Supergiant Games, has been ported to the interface and works well in Chrome. In the presentation a developer noted that the port to NaCL took one developer about two weeks to accomplish. The Unity and Moai gaming engines have also been ported, but more significantly so has Mono, an open-source version of Microsoft’s .NET platform. These changes have also been integrated into Google Chrome’s web store, which allows easy monetization for applications.
  • Google’s push to turn Chrome into a fully cloud-based OS also took a step forward when user profiles, initially unencrypted or password-protected, were released in the stable channel, along with the Firefox Sync equivalent: “Sign in to Chrome”.
  • Farther upstream in Chromium, code to support an HTML5 terminal emulator landed.
  • Sencha conducted an in-depth review of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as a platform for HTML5 development and said that it is “a major step forward, but still falls short of iOS5″, noting that the Android Browser still does not support technologies like History Management, Web Sockets, and Web Workers. They did give it, however, high marks for fully supporting inline HTML5 video and audio.

WebKit

  • WebKit now supports animations between background, border and list images. On Safari, the *video* tag can now prevent the hardware from going into sleep mode on OS/X, and work on GPU-accelerated SVG filters has begun.

Tizen

  • The Intel, Samsung, Linux Foundation and LiMo Foundation-sponsored replacement for Meego, Tizen, had its first Developer Summit in Beijing last weekend. It appeared to be sparsely attended and much of the discussion in the press revolved around the still-unclear implications of HP’s announcement last week that it would be open-sourcing WebOS.

Mobile

Summary below, full update here and in your inbox.

  • The Android Market reached 10 billion application downloads
  • EU regulators suspended review of the Motorola acquisition by Google to wait for more information on its potential of harming competition between Android OEMs
  • HP will keep maintaining WebOS and transfer it to an open source license
  • Sony Ericsson becomes Sony middle of 2012
  • Amazon partnered with a mobile payment services provider
  • Carrier IQ published clarifications of the behaviour of the app
  • The first Nokia WP7 device in the US will be the Nokia Lumia 710

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

The Mozilla Firefox Challenge: http://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2011/12/13/join-us-in-the-mozilla-firefox-challenge-this-holiday-season/

Upcoming mobile campaigns:

  • SEM and display ad campaign for Firefox on tablets [TBD live date, ~Dec 20-26]

  • Firefox for Android tablet video [Live Dec 20 on blog post]
  • mozilla.org/mobile redesign (Bug 699985) to include tablets and more value props [Live Dec 20]
  • FB ads [Live 1st week of Jan]
  • mozilla.org/firefox/fx promo to feature tablets [Live Dec 20]

Questions, Comments, FYI

  • Next meeting January 4

  • QA-oriented tracking status flags — any feedback/objections? (ashughes)
    • Whiteboard: [qa-][qa+][qa?][qa!][qa!:N] — current policy, clutters the whiteboard

    • status-firefoxN:verified — potentially breaks queries tracking status-firefoxN:fixed
    • qa-firefoxN:?, -, +, verified — potentially leads to flag clutter

Actions this week

  • Lawrence will follow up about add-ons default to compatible on mobile

14-December-2011

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-13

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2011-12-13


« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> ewong

  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
    • Callek nominates ewong. Ewong has been helping create the configuration files for our betas for SeaMonkey 2.6 and has agreed to be “trained” to do the release in full… So thanks ewong.

    • ewong and IanN nominates InvisibleSmiley for his contributions to the Add-ons Compatibility Listings.
    • ewong and IanN nominates Mnyromyr for his triaging efforts.
    • Please note A person or entity can’t be nominated twice in a row.

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • IanN to write the “Friends of the Fish Tank” F.A.Q.

CLOSED

Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree

  • “Where do we stand with the machine(s) right now?”

    • bug 702490 (Rack 2 – 1U mac mini chassis(4 Mini’s) in SCL2 for SeaMonkey).

      • These won’t be racked until emux can get power situated at SCL2.
  • The SeaMonkey tree is missing the some build boxes.
    • We still need to bring up the linux 32 boxes we had, but its progressing. (had to fight fires with the newly brought up win boxes, but all should be good now)
  • The tree status is currently OPEN and un-METERED.

Release Train

  • Get comm-aurora and comm-beta on MXR (bug 653424).

    • Jake Maul [:jakem] from Server Ops has taken over the bug from Callek.
  • 2.6b3 shipped 9th December.
  • The next six-weekly merge will be on 20th December.
    • Firefox has decided against putting the release of that day on automatic update until after Christmas. Callek is thinking of doing the same for SeaMonkey. (Firefox Mobile will go full-speed as they cannot do otherwise, but with the small population there, the risk is lower).

    • InvisibleSmiley will be AFK for one week starting Christmas. Any website updates during that time will either have to wait or go through Callek/KaiRo.
  • en-GB patches needs review. Check to see if a blanket approval to land. (IanN)
  • 2.6b4 will be out Wednesday (14th December 2011). (Callek)

Extensions Compatibility Tracking

  • Addon Compatibility Listings created and maintained by InvisibleSmiley, with help from some community members like DERoss.

    • The ACR has been updated.

    • Recent changes can be found here.
    • The External Sources part is no longer TODO since InvisibleSmiley bit the bullet and did it all himself.
  • Enigmail provides versions for release (AMO) and all branches (Enigmail nightly page). The current release is compatible with both 2.5 and 2.6.
  • Lightning provides versions for the current stable and beta releases (AMO) and all branches (Calendar Versions page).
  • The latest Firebug is now fully compatible but still not flagged as such on AMO (which seems to depend on automatic tests being set up and run on the Firebug side, see Issue 4430). Use Firebug 1.9 pre-releases for 2.4 and later (maybe even earlier SM versions).
  • Besides the above, we should also take a look at other add-ons that are important for our users when they switch to 2.x.
  • bug 709630 discussion:
    • Something to be done by InvisibleSmiley to close bug.
  • KaiRo created a SeaMonkey Features page and sub-pages for all those that are in development. Please add major features to the respective pages, ideally as they land.

We should also add some information on this to the release notes of future betas.

  • If an extension supports 2.8a1, list it under 2.7 which will be a full release when it comes out – bug 709630 filed.

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

  • 2.5 had ~73,000 ADU by last Thursday and 2.5 has had ~108,800 downloads so far.

    • Of the released versions, as of last Thursday, we have 21.2% on 2.0, 1.1% on 2.1, 3.3% on 2.2, 3.7% on 2.3, 12.9% on 2.4 and 57.8% on 2.5. So, in the last four weeks, ~3k (an additional 3% of ADU) have migrated to 2.4 or above.
  • Figure out what is preventing people from moving from 2.0.x to the latest versions.
    • Perhaps putting resources into getting certain extensions working with SM 2.4 and above.

    • Still need volunteers to look at what is keeping people at below 2.4. IanN could try knocking something up and send it round members lists for polishing but he’s not on all the channels (mozillazine, etc) to post it to when finished.
  • The take up of 2.5 seems slower than for previous releases, again perhaps this is due to the long Thanksgiving weekend in the US.
  • Please make sure that anything that landed on comm-beta (for TB) or mozilla-beta (for FF) which affected non-shared code and which fixed regressions will be fixed on our side, too. Please mark bugs we feel *need* to land on a particular train tracking+ or tracking? so that when we to do a release we can be sure that we don’t miss anything.
    • Priority should be given to fixing regressions ASAP. Also keep an eye on and prioritize bugs to be ported from FF/TB that land on branches (Aurora, Beta). We need to keep an eye especially on Session Restore, Sync, Tabbrowser and Address Book.

    • Be careful not to break code shared with Thunderbird, otherwise patches might have to be backed out of string frozen repositories.

2.5

open tracking (1)
tracking requests (0)
targeted (0)
fixed (31)

  • One tracked issue still open. If not resolved or no response by then, Callek plans to morph this into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales).

  • The New 2.5 Features page has a comprehensive list of features.

2.Next

  • Remember to help update the New Features pages as we go along.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 24 new, 15 fixed, 104 triaged.

  • Great triaging effort! :-)

  • Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!

Open reviews/flags:
31 review
13 super-review
0 ui-review
6 feedback

Major wanted/needed features:

Active

  • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].

    • Progressing slowly, still waiting on reviews from TB side. Full customization has to go to 2.next (currently 2.6 but could be pushed back further) as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.

    • IanN will need to poke some people about reviews not happening quickly enough.
    • IanN is still wading through the unpicking of Composer/Mail Compose code in the dependent bugs. After that he will be reworking his customising patches.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Comm-central) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze has done a bit of work in this bug recently. Building on Windows works. Now supports debug builds on Linux if tests are disabled (–disable-tests). Still a lot to do.

    • IanN was supposed to help get builds working with --enable-tests.
      • Will look into this once he gets his customization patches reworked.
  • Real full-screen (bug 610509) and DOM full-screen (bug 701714)
    • patches provided by Mnyromyr and InvisibleSmiley.
  • Port HTML5 “context menu” feature (contextmenu attribute) UI (bug 702019)
    • fixed and available starting with 2.6!
  • bug 702792 – Add-ons not updated in a long time should not be Compatible-by-default. (InvisibleSmiley)

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled

  • Kill-RDF:

    • bug 657607 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable Part 2 [meta].

    • bug 657604 Remove the RDF global object. [serge]
  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (Standard8).
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.

    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
    • Note: Our location bar history doesn’t and can’t use autocomplete at all.
  • bug 677484 Individual SeaMonkey components are not properly handled by the Windows 7 taskbar.
  • bug 654009 Reply to list: automatically determine From: address
    • Note: The actual task here is to port bug 45715 “Reply to List” [button/(context) menu item]
  • bug 664309 Make the built-in ChatZilla display a cZ icon in SeaMonkey (now helpwanted)

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Aqualon

asrail

Callek

Completed Release Engineering tasks:

  • bug 689437 Drop support for migrating from old profiles (drop usages of libreg).

    • bug 703876 (SM2.6b1) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.6 Beta 1.

    • bug 704814 (SM2.6b2) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.6 Beta 2.
    • bug 708513 (SM2.6b3) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.6 Beta 3.

Working on:

  • bug 591848 SeaMonkey linux and Windows machines need device support for sound enabled.

  • bug 702337 Stop uploading try symbols to symbol server, upload full symbol package to ftp.

Investigating OS/2 packaging issue in:

  • bug 705821 Seamonkey fails to update DOM Inspector.

ewong

  • Has commit privileges now and already landed several patches.

  • Assisted Callek with Release Engineering:
    • bug 703876 (SM2.6b1) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.6 Beta 1.

    • bug 704814 (SM2.6b2) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.6 Beta 2.
    • bug 708513 (SM2.6b3) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.6 Beta 3.
  • Fixed:

    • bug 78357 Account wizard doesn’t have place to enter port info.

    • bug 102275 Number untitled pages.
    • bug 612031 follow-up to removal of region.dtd (Sunbird).
    • bug 670561 show profile path in profile manager.
    • bug 701683 Port |bug 698248 Remove FORCE_USE_PIC| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 702297 Recently Closed Tabs/Windows in the Go menu are no longer disabled when empty.
  • Needs Review/Feedback:

    • bug 562048 notification bar needs to look slicker (Thunderbird).
  • Working On:

    • bug 675431 Duplicate accesskey in Messenger’s Tools menu.

    • bug 675589 Group all session restore menu items together.

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Fixed:
  • Waiting for review on:
    • bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js

    • bug 702013 Update en-GB for Firefox 9.0/Thunderbird 9.0/SeaMonkey 2.6 (9 patches)
    • bug 702098 Update en-GB for Firefox 10.0/Thunderbird 10.0/SeaMonkey 2.7 (9 patches)
  • Waiting for additional review on:
  • Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
    • bug 689253 Update en-GB for Mobile 10.0 (comm-aurora)
  • Working on:
    • bug 695842 Move Editor startup/shutdown functions to editingOverlay

    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
    • bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
    • File/Folder selection in windows.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.

    • Prefs-in-a-tab.

InvisibleSmiley

  • Fixed:

    • bug 708972 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.6 Beta 3 release

    • bug 706923 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.6 Beta 2 release
    • bug 706293 version typo in SeaMonkey 2.6b1 release notes
  • Working On:

    • bug 700184 Add mozapps/extensions/selectAddons.css to Modern

    • bug 707225 Addon update check should take into account compatibility preferences
    • bug 701714 Add support for DOM full-screen
    • look into bug 698038 Update Preferences help for the new section to control crash report
    • track bug 687316 (Remaining) Sync changes to port to Suite

KaiRo

  • Created linux64 update snippets for SeaMonkey 2.5 (bug 706718).

  • I did split up my Firefox search UI cleanup patches (backports from SeaMonkey work/reviews) into logical parts (bug 643172), and put the engine manager cleanup in its own bug, also split apart into smaller patches (bug 709589).
  • Did the rest of the porting of Firefox 9 changes to my LCARStrek theme, so both EarlyBlue and LCARStrek 2.6 are basically done and only need some testing before I can send them to AMO.
  • Tested OpenGL layers and reported its problems (bug 707722).

mcsmurf

Fixed:

  • bug 705141 Fix silly typos in SuiteBrowser.manifest.

Working on:

  • bug 688615 Wrong reg key used in Installer shell icon handler code (Firefox).

Misak

Mnyromyr

Working on:

  • bug 356742 [cocoa] Sheets are offscreen if opened when all windows closed (attached to hiddenwindow),

  • bug 539738 Tree width of Preferences window has been hardcoded (need category splitter).
  • bug 127399 Allow sending emails with IDN based email addresses.
  • bug 610509 Make fullscreen mode really fullscreen.

MReimer

Neil

Fixed:

  • bug 667962 jemalloc in 2010 doesn’t work on gmake.

  • bug 703522 Simplify focus-restoring code.
  • bug 705553 Make mailnews/addrbook compile with frozen linkage on Windows.
  • bug 705573 Make mailnews compile with frozen linkage on debug Windows.

Working on:

  • bug 669026 Scrolling with arrow keys is broken if any element on the page has contenteditable=true. (Editor)

  • bug 692731 Fork nsISidebar.
  • bug 698217 Simplify new static Preference methods (Core).
  • bug 698256 Want Substring(data, length) convenience method (Core).
  • bug 707305 Re-enable building with --enable-incomplete-external-linkage (MailNews Core).

Ratty

Fixed:

  • bug 701428 Include hyphenation dictionaries in omnijar – remove old files from builds on update.

  • bug 706421 Implement Application.platformIsMac in order to support Lightning bug 316916.
  • bug 708640 Should be able to open a new tab by middle-clicking the “Go” button.

Working on:

  • bug 485686 Page Info does not display any information about video stream from video tag.

  • bug 705452 BrowserSearch.loadSearch() uses the current search engine if the search sidebar is selected even if the sidebar itself is hidden.

Waiting for review/feedback:

  • bug 701432 Add support for fave icons on jump list uri entries.

  • bug 703836 MsgComposeCommands.js Code cleanup: Use Services more, reuse code, and remove commented dumps.

Other:

  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.

  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

Ricardo

sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:

    • bug 523573 Unused entities in pageInfo.dtd

    • bug 686278 Drop –disable-mailnews
    • bug 694371 [c-c] “Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:” : 4 “VC80″ files
  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
    • bug 694464 c-c configure.in: port bug 464088 and bug 690369. (NSS_DISABLE_DBM)

    • bug 707021 Support MSVC 2011 compiler in comm-central. (Port bug 687225)
  • Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
    • bug 705957 test_bug_511615.html: correct the spelling of “privledged”
  • Fixed other projects bugs:
    • [Thunderbird] bug 442838 Unfork <msgCompSecurityInfo.xul>

Stanimir

stefanh

Working on bug 677667 [Mac default] Make use of the new nsNativeTheme toolbarbutton styling in DM and PageInfo.

tonymec

Any other business?

  • Need to review project areas

    • IanN has put out a final draft of the project areas list, and will then confirm that anyone who is not in the loop already has been consulted.

      • There are two items that need answering still in the areas. IanN will remind people about what still needs answering.
    • in the end, we also need to update the Mozilla-wide list of official reviewers
  • Extended Support Releases (ESR)
    • At the moment looks like that will be based off Gecko 10 so that will be 2.7 for us. Assuming we have the machines, we will also have an ESR which might help move some of those still on 2.0 up to 2.7.

    • Our ESR should use the same branch as Firefox ESR so any Security and Stability “extended” fixes for Gecko will be picked up by the SeaMonkey ESR.
    • An ESR (Extended Security Release) may not be a given for us out of the gate. Callek thinks we should revisit that, separately, once it is clearer what MoCo’s general plans for their marketing/target/support levels etc. are.
    • mcsmurf is on the ESR mailing list and has volunteered to be our ESR goto guy.
  • Geolocation
    • Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.

    • For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we’re not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
  • Christmas
    • The meeting scheduled for 27th December has been cancelled. The next one will be 10th January 2012. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone! :-)

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-13

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-12-13


last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Usul (Standard8 afk)

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to rebron@mozilla.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.

Feature Work

Account Provisioner
  • Polish patch (bug 700536) has ui-r+, and is currently undergoing a few final changes from a code review

  • With fingers crossed, hope to land today or tomorrow.
  • This will fix a lot of the ugliness of the Account Provisioner currently in EarlyBird.
OpenSearch
Test Pilot
  • Did an initial small test on development channel this week and found a few issues. We’re fixing them up before pushing out the test to our beta users.

  • Privacy review completed with Sid, Chris, Rafael.
Tabs on Top
  • Getting really close with this – Andreas is just working on some last-minute themeing work to help make things easier for Lightning

  • Hopefully requesting ui-r today or tomorrow
Big Files
  • Prerequisite bug 708982 essentially done

  • Notification UI (“do you want to convert this attachment to a link?” prompt) moving along
  • Splitting front-end and back-end patches so Bienvenu and Squib don’t step on each other’s toes
Click-to-Web
  • A good chunk has been implemented – but we’re holding on this to focus on BigFiles.

Schedule and Progress

Thunderbird 9
  • Releases next week. Final beta being produced on Tuesday.
Thunderbird 10
  • Merges to beta next week. Hope to have a build out just before Christmas.
Thunderbird 11
  • Merges to aurora on 20th.
Thunderbird 3.1.x
  • 3.1.17 being produced on Monday/Tuesday and will go to the beta channel.

Extension of the week

  • None

QA Updates

  • Working on releases

  • Catching up on bugmail

Marketing Updates

  • Thunderbird ADUs remaining steady during the holidays.

  • Tb9 release for next week.
  • ESR communication.

Infrastructure Update

Build / Release Update

  • Thunderbird 9.0 beta4 on beta. 9.0 beta 5 ‘go’ expected today or tomorrow

  • Thunderbird 3.1.17 on betatest
  • bug 698843 – Build Thunderbird on Firefox infrastructure – this week: working on packaged tests
  • Thunderbird 9.0 final build planned for this weekend
  • bug 707792 – Port bug 549561 to Thunderbird to speed up mailbloat tests

Web Update

Documentation

  • working with practicum students; more drafts of:

    • anti-virus problems

    • performance issues
    • memory usage issues
    • Installing and Using another Language in the Dictionary
  • 12 emails (welcomes and / or redirects) to potential contributors
  • new contributor article: Avoiding quota limits on mail servers

Support

(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)

  1. 1176 new support topics (1239 one week ago) – Thunderbird-GS-stats-5-11Dec2011-2011-12-12_1602.png

  2. Thunderbird 9 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB9 (as of this writing current TB9 version is TB9 Beta 4) on Get Satisfaction please tag them appropriately i.e. “tb9b4” for beta 4, “tb9b5” for beta 5 and “tb9” for general Thunderbird 9 issues
  3. Support Contributors, please add yourself to the Mozillians directory and tag yourself “Thunderbird”, “Support” and your city e.g. “Penang”. Contact Roland, rtanglao AT mozilla.com to get vouched! Roland will vouch for anybody on the tb-support-crew mailing list!
  4. Experimental twice a day Thunderbird support report showing trending topics, ISPs, mail providers, tags, anti-virus and active contributors at thunderbirdrobot.posterous.com. Unfortunately due to what seems like a bug in the posterous API it’s truncated (same report from another developer). Luckily I have an email backup which I can use to fix it. Help wanted with the code: i) email to Posterous script, ii) post to API Posterous script; contact rtanglao AT mozilla.com or send me a github pull request
  5. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

  • ctypes-libical: Working on packaging and making unit tests run (needs nsIXULAppInfo)

  • cache with ics: Have a WiP patch that makes large cached ics calendars totally usable
  • tabs on top: patch in progress, looking good
  • Making sure strings are ready for the 20th

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

bwinton, mconley, gozer, jhopkins, rebron , usul

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2011-12-13

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Platform/2011-12-13


« previous week | index | next week »

Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays – 11:00 am Pacific

  • Warp Core Vidyo Room
  • 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

OOM Linker Issue on Windows

Summary of where we are:

  • Hit Bug 709193 over the weekend.

  • After investigating, determined that we were running out of address space in the linker.
  • Backed out some recent additions (SPDY and Graphite) to get libxul size down a bit and reopen the tree under restricted rules.
  • Removed some code that’s not in the critical path from libxul.

Where we’re going:

  • Remove enough code from libxul to tide us over (might be here already, might not).

  • Stand up 32 bit compilers on 64 bit operating systems to get another GB of address space.

Notices / Schedule

  • Add-ons compatible by default now on in Aurora 10

  • Firefox 9 Sign-Offs tomorrow (12/14) at 2:30PM PT in Warp Core
  • Firefox 3.6.25 beta going out Wednesday (12/14)
  • Firefox 9 beta 6 targeted for release Thursday (12/15)
  • Firefox 9 “slow rollout” starting Dec. 20th

Firefox Development

  • bug 705597 – Tim Taubert did some great work tracking down and fixing a cause of sessionstore slowness (many about:blank entries resulting in oversized sessionstore.js), has landed on trunk

Firefox Developer Tools

Performance

GFX

JS

Layout

  • Graphite Fonts Feature landed but was backed out due to linker issue. Now back in mozilla-inbound.

  • Bug 668437 Mouse events for :hover in XUL popups. Requested by Dev Tools.
  • Local patch for Bug 668163 Broken overlay on top of Bing maps.

Video

DOM

WebAPI

  • Lots of stuff now working for WebTelephony on B2G. Can make phone calls!

    • Uses JS-implementation for DOM-API which has issues. Might switch to C++

    • Radio parts written in JS and runs in a special worker!
  • WebSMS for android mostly ready but needs review. Won’t land until after next train.
  • Initial Network status API awaiting review
  • Battery backend landed for windows

Network

Plugins

Mobile

  • birch merge

    • went relatively smoothly

    • development has now moved to mozilla-central
    • nightly users are now getting builds from mozilla-central
  • click-to-play plugins landed and bounced, now waiting for m-c to re-open

Accessibility

Tree Management

  • Downtime tonight for network equipment maintenance, 2100 PST – 0000 PST. All trees will be closed.

Security

  • No reviews currently scheduled this week, but we have open slots

  • We have many things marked for review: Review Needed
    • Please check the list, see if your feature is there and contact curtisk to get on the schedule

Stability Report

Socorro

  • bug 709166 – issue searching

  • bug 708453 Crash Reports not getting submitted on Mac trunk.
    • Broke on 11/22 and we are slowly getting more reports.
  • Soccoro : need bug 706803 for separation of Birch/Native – in 2.3.5 (Dec 19)

Desktop

  • Trunk

    • bug 708136 Firefox 11.0a1 Crash [@ mozilla::gl::GLContext::DeleteOffscreenFBO ]

    • bug 709847 Firefox crash @ PR_SetPollableEvent
    • bug 709474 Crash @ mozalloc_abort(char const* const) | NS_DebugBreak_P | ThemeSystemParametersInfoW with abort message: “###!!! ABORT: unable to find a usable font (serif)”
    • bug 708285 Crash in nsMemoryReporterManager::GetExplicit
  • Aurora
  • Beta

    • bug 708019 Firefox Crash [@ gl::Context::clear(unsigned int) ]

    • bug 709860 Firefox startup crash mozalloc_abort
  • Third Party

    • bug 710077

      • Not super high volume but affects anyone playing Farmville

Mobile

  • a snap shot taken on 12/12/2011 2:00 PM with a total of 86 open crash bugs based on bugs queried on native-crash across various platform

Top Bugs From Report

  • bug 704467 Crash in Java_org_mozilla_gecko_GeckoAppShell_callObserver

Need Bugs looked at

Crash Report

Roundtable

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress