All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- A huge THANK YOU from the German-speaking community to Clarissa Sorenson for taking perfect care of streaming and recording our bi-weekly status meeting on Air Mozilla every time!
- Congratulations to Juan Pájaro Velásquez on being named our newest “Friend of Marketplace” for his consistently outstanding contributions as a member of the App Curation Board. For more details about Juan’s work, check this.
- Huge thanks to Hanna DeLuna, for 3+ years of contributions and leadership for Mozilla Hispano localization projects. Be well!
Monday, 13 April
- Firefox OS Workshop Series in Manila
- This Firefox OS Workshop Series is a 3-week hands-on course to be held at MozSpaceMNL. At the end of the course, participants will have a better understanding of how to create webapps for Firefox OS using open web technologies.
- More Info on the Reps Events page
Wednesday, 15 April
- Watch mconley try to solve the mystery of why View Source is still hitting the network in multi-process Firefox! It’s like Scooby Doo, but with a debugger instead of a van! The Joy of Coding: Episode 10 streams LIVE at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 5 PM GMT on Air Mozilla. Previous episodes with summaries are listed here.
Saturday, 18 April
- Bulgaria Web Summit (Sophia)
- More info on the Reps page
Sunday, 19 April
- Dutch Community Meetup (Amsterdam)
- The dutch community meeting to talk about the community, learn from each other and meet new people in the mozcafee
- More info on the Reps page.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: Laura Thomson, remote from Maryland
- Mark is traveling
- Our MLS (geolocation) has hit a hockey stick in terms of data on wifi access points. If you don’t have MozStumbler installed, consider helping us build our open location service! More info https://location.services.mozilla.com/
- May 1, 2014: 25M
- January 1: 50M
- March 1: 100M
- April 1: 150M (Not an April Fool’s Day joke!)
- Please foxfood Reading List/Reader View (more from Stuart on how, in a minute)
Melissa Romaine, San Francisco. Introducing the new Mozilla Advocacy community platform on Discourse.
Mozilla Learning Networks
Non-verbal reminder: Maker Party 2015 scheduled for July 15 -July 31
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Presenter||Title||Topic||Location||Share?||Media|| More Details|
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Stuart Philp||Stuart is Firefox Service Test Engineering Manager||Please help test/dogfood Firefox Reading List and Reader View in Nightly||Stuart is Home/Remote||No||One and Done|| feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chris Riley and Andrea Wood||Chris is Head of Public Policy; Andrea is Director of Digital Advocacy & Fundraising||New campaign about Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act||Chris in SF MozSpace; Andrea remote||No||*look for the petition Tuesday*|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we’ll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question|| Question|
|What’s your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.|| What would you like to know?|
Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteers||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteers location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location|| Will be working on|
|Diane Tate||Mardi Douglass||Moz Mountain View||San Francisco|| Internal Programs and Communications|
|Fabio Rios||Winston Bowden||San Francisco||San Francisco|| Firefox product marketing|
|Alexander Klepel||Barbara Hueppe||Berlin||Berlin|| European PR Coordinator|
|Sandra Persing||Shezmeen Prasad||Mountain View||US Remote (WA)|| Senior Events Program Manager|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600