- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room “Brownbags”. Do not use this room if you’re not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- A big thank you to :kohei for his work migrating Thunderbird pages from PHP to Bedrock for www.mozilla.org
- Huge thanks to the Mozilla Brazil community & staff for rocking BrazilJS, and to Nick Desaulniers, David Bryant, Guillermo Movia, and Andrzej Mazur for traveling from afar to represent!
- Thanks to Michael_Buluma, John99, philipp, fredy, Tonnes and everybody else who’s helping out onboarding and saying hello to new people on the contributor forums or IRC
- All contributors who helped out on the SuMo kb day last week
- Thanks to Vanja for hitting 100% on Serbian FxOS KB!
- Thank you to Atique Ahmed Ziad, for all his efforts engaging the Marketplace and Apps communities, and his positivity in the face of obstacles.
- thanks to Sam for helping with the developement of the new SuMo bot for #sumo irc channel
Monday, 24 August
Wednesday, 26 August
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday)
- Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- Brighton (UK) (@68middlest),
Göteborg (SWEDEN) (at Steampunk Bar),
Malmö (SWEDEN) (at inUse),
Portland (at Beulahland), and
San Francisco (at The Creamery SF)
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you’ve gotten working, ask for help where you’re stuck.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
Thursday, 27 August
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup in Edinburgh (at Informatics Forum)
- 17:30-18:30 – Same description as above!
- German-speaking community bi-weekly meeting, 9pm CEST (7pm UTC, 12pm PT) AirMozilla, IRC: #deMeeting
- More info: De/Meetings.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Peter Dolanjski, Ontario, Canada (remote)
- B2GDroid: Android Launcher – development in progress. Follow progress in bug 1170323
- Firefox OS ports for unlocked Android devices: Community growth planning in progress. Reach out to Brian King firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Have your voice heard: vote on feature requests and highlight important defects here: Foxfooding dashboard
- 2nd phase of foxfooding ramping up this month – stay tuned for more information in weekly Monday calls
- #b2g for more information
- Questions: pdol on irc
Jinghua Zhang, Mountain View
Call for usability testers
- We plan to run usability tests for a couple of new features, if you are interested to help test them, or you are interested to learn more about usability test, please contact Rina (email@example.com) and Jinghua (firstname.lastname@example.org).
David Ascher, Vancouver: The latest on Webmaker’s launch
Andrew Losowsky, NYC (remote): The Coral Project, a collaborative effort between Knight-Mozilla OpenNews, The New York Times and The Washington Post to improve communities on news sites through open-source software
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Presenter||Title||Topic||Location||Share?||Media|| More Details|
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Larissa Shapiro||Sr Engineering Program Manager, Diversity and Inclusion Enthusiast (pinch hitting for Jane Finette)||Outreachy Interns Winter 2015!||Presenting from my house||No need to share my screen||Nah|| https://wiki.mozilla.org/Outreachy|
Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?|| What will the new person be working on?|
|Johann Hofmann||Amy Tsay||Mountain View||Germany|| Add-on reviews for AMO.|
|Daniel Kamkha||Amy Tsay||Mountain View||Israel|| Add-on reviews for AMO.|
|Edson Neto?||David Weir (satdav)||Vidyo from the UK||Brazil|| Support Mozilla Contributor|
|Wolfgang Marcos||David Weir (satdav)||Vidyo from the UK||Brazil|| Support Mozilla Contributor|
|Jesus Mostajo||David Weir (satdav)||Vidyo from the UK||Spain|| Support Mozilla Contributor|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location|| Will be working on|
|Bradley Cohen||Mary Ellen Muckerman||San Francisco||Portland|| Engagement|
|Josh Kruse||Allison Banks||Mountain View||Mountain View|| Human Resources|
|Casey McGill||Liz Compton||Mountain View||Mountain View|| Legal|
|Manny Nieto||Jeff Garver||Mountain View||Mountain View|| Legal|
|Jen Simmons||Potch||Mountain View||New York (remote)|| Developer Relations|
|Tim Huang||Ethan Tseng||(Recording)||Taipei Office|| Software engineering|
|Dan Huang||Yi-Fan||(Recording)||Taipei Office|| Software Engineering|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Intermittent lack of context menus and bad structural search results are fixed now. (We neglected to `make clean` in our build farm, so we were missing unchanged files.)
mjeffries, San Francisco
EventBoard/Redwood Systems PoC starting in MTV
Starting this week, WPR and IT will run a Proof of Concept (PoC) in MTV using the Redwood Systems motion sensors paired with the EventBoard room scheduling system to automate release of rooms when not in use. In the test conference rooms, the sensors will automatically release a room for rescheduling if the motion sensors detect no movement 15 minutes after the scheduled meeting start time. The Redwood Controller will also change the status LED lighting next to the room from Occupied (red) to Available (green).
The rooms in the PoC (all in Mountain view) will include
- The Flash
- Iron Man
- Alpha Centuari
Please contact Lisa Gray (email@example.com) or Mark Jeffries (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.