- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room “Brownbags”. Do not use this room if you’re not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn’t look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Huge thanks to the Participation Leaders who came to the Singapore Leadership Summit the weekend before last, and the Participation team who supported them – an inspiring example of collaboration AND respect in action.
Monday, 01 February
Tuesday, 02 February
10am Pacific – Add-on & Marketplace community meeting: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Community/Meetings
Wednesday, 03 February
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 “widescreen” format, please indicate in the “Sharing” column below.
|Presenter||Title||Topic||Location||Sharing||Media|| More Details|
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen|| Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Mitchell Baker||Mozilla Chairwoman||New Member of the MoCo Board of Directors||Live and Vidyo||No|
|Emma Irwin||Education/Leadership, Participation Team||The Leadership Summit (held in Singapore Jan 23, 24)||My house in Sooke, BC||yes (4:3)||Slides|| Blog: Preparing for the Summit (Emma Irwin), Blog: Inspired by our Grassroots leaders (Mark Surman), Blog: Leadership Summit Recap (Harsha Vardhan), GitHub Repo: Contributor Issues and Plans|
|Emma Humphries||Bugmaster, Firefox Team||Next Steps in Firefox Team’s Bug Program||Portland Commons||yes (4:3)||Slides|| https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GY-gkVm0NluQbblXpI-CBdRnXQh22yDNzSUdeScu7hI|
|Melissa Romaine||Mozilla Advocacy||Open Web Fellows||Remote (Brussels)||no||no|| https://advocacy.mozilla.org/open-web-fellows/|
|Sam Dyson||Director, Hive Chicago||Hive Chicago Hack Day||Remote (Chicago)|| http://hivechicago.org/hive-chicago-buzz-2016-recap/|
Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location|| Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?|| What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location|| Will be working on|
|Madeline Angell||Meera Pisharody||Mountain View office||Mountain View|| HR Operations Support|
|Rok Garbas||Chris Cooper||Toronto||Berlin|| Release Engineering|
|Aki Sasaki||Chris Cooper||Toronto||San Francisco|| Release Engineering|
|Lorena Villegas||Meera Pisharody||Mountain View||Mountain View|| People Department|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
If you’re in the US, our quadrennial voting frenzy starts tonight with the Iowa Caucuses.
What’s so hard about running an election? Can technology help? Check out Ben Adida’s great brownbag on Air Mozilla from 2012 where he explores the technology, both stats and crypto, that can help us trust our election results a good bit more than we do today.