Notices / Schedule
- released last Tuesday, a few hours late but otherwise on schedule
- contained regression for users with NTLM authenticating proxies (see bug 535193)
- at the same time as (but unrelated to) this release, Norton IPS extension updated and is causing startup crashes, see bug 535345
- adjusted schedule to go for early January release to update users with fix for bug 534090 which affects major updates
- also took a fix to the NTLM regression as well as for the #1 topcrash on branches
- builds available as of this morning
- proposed schedule at links above, tree is open, please work on blockers
- schedule tracks to one week later than original 3.0.17/3.5.7 schedule
Firefox 3.6 Beta Testers
- approaching 600,000 ADUs, though lowering during the holidays
- Beta 5 builds shipped last week with over 130 fixes from Beta 4
Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate
- gonna go through the blocker lists today
- long poles are now some JS issues and potential new crashes due to plugin architecture changes
Firefox Future Releases
- Proposed 2010 release roadmap written up after workweek discussions. Represents a change in plan where Firefox early next year “Lorentz” will come from 1.9.2, not 1.9.3. Ready for wider promulgation?
Firefox 3.6 RC Code Completion
- 5 nominations to be triaged
- 9 code blockers remaining:
- Release Blockers (flag: blocking1.9.2 or blocking-firefox3.6)
Browser / Front End
- not a lot of news
- team’s working on personal projects and continuing existing work
- check Planet Firefox for updates!
- bug 533691 – Violation of Microsoft’s copyright in IENUMFE.CPP / IENUMFE.H – our only remaining blocker. Just needs landing.
- D2D not going to make it in to mozilla-central before the end of the year.
Platform-specific Support Update
Plugin work continuing. Fairly quick turnaround on issues discovered since last week: except for bug 521377 the major issues have landed in e10s repo and should land in m-c today.
Major issues to resolve before turning OOPP on by default:
- crash reporting in the plugin process, bug 516759
- NPRuntime races, bug 521377
- Windows hangs, bug 535036
- Also need to deal with updater issues (mozilla-runtime not executable on Linux when delivered via partial update), bug 535090
Filed bug 536188 to create a project branch for Firefox “Lorentz” based off of 1.9.2. The intention is to do betas starting in mid-January and doing weekly betas until release in March or April.
In mobile-land, work starting to port e10s to the Qt event dispatch/widget system.
- Rebasing Talos machines in January
- current hardware obsolete, starting to buy, rack new hardware
- rebasing waiting until after FF3.6
- FF3.0.17, 3.5.7 wrapping up
- Waiting for go for: Fennec1.0rc1, FF3.6rc1.