- Who’s taking minutes? -> mcsmurf
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug)
We should assign people to the open items.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org if possible Assigned: mcsmurf.
- Mcsmurf says that it looks like we might be getting a blog on blog.mozilla.com.
- KaiRo will do some DNS magic to get it mirrored at blog.seamonkey-project.org
- Ratty managed to get Kerz’s contact address but totally forgot to follow this up yet.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- New breakage: bug 983536 libpango version >= 1.22.0 required on Linux.
- bug 977676 SeaMonkey’s puppet broken due to requirement of ffxbld ldap password.
- Python has been updated on all buildboxen!
- We are perma-orange on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta due to problems with tests
- Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- ewong’s patch is waiting for review. It was manually patched on the master; but, was reverted and the buildmaster was reconfigured and so the changes are gone. Need to have the patch pushed officially in order for this bug to be fixed.
- pymake is failing with “invalid syntax” again because of an outdated Python.
- Priority on fixing this and l10n repacks after 2.24 release.(No ETA yet)
- bug 943740 is tracking the progress (or lack of one) in building trunk and aurora on Linux & Mac from the downloading user’s POV. (Windows nightlies are still appearing on schedule — or were until a day or two ago.)
- No langpacks since 29th August on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings at the moment.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer has mostly completed the coding. Next step is consultation with mozilla-central build peers on landing the patches and also getting implicit permission to add several new top level directories to mozilla-central.
Fixed Stuff Since Last Meeting
- bug 985964 No 2.27a2 aurora nightly builds since the last merge.
- SeaMonkey 2.25 final was released on March 19.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
- No decision yet about first 2.26 beta release
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
- bug 798174 (DOMi2.0.15) DOM Inspector 2.0.15.
- Mcsmurf asked crusell how he did the releases. https://wiki.mozilla.org/DOM_Inspector/Releases/Checklist. IanN says he may take a look at doing this, time permitting.
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- Lightning and addons.mozilla.org:
- There is a up to date page on DevMo which we can link to, also it appears to be actively maintained: MDN >> Mozilla >> Calendar >> Calendar Versions
- InvisibleSmiley says we should link to https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Calendar/Calendar_Versions#Stable_Releases. But without direct links because that would then require us to update any links in case the Calendar team releases bugfix releases.
- This is now bug 984884 (Update release notes how users can find the current Lightning version for SeaMonkey).
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don’t depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- bug 805374 Remove Character Encoding menu entries that are not in the Encoding Standard. Tracked in:
- bug 943732 Port the new Character Encoding menu to SeaMonkey.
- Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly.
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 831208 (asyncContentPrefsUse) Refactor asyncContentPrefs consumers to use the async API. Tracked in:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2. Mcsmurf and Neil@parkway are currently working on this.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default –disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 – SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Bugs: Low Hanging Fruit
Not necessarily Good First Bugs but minor fixes that shouldn’t need advanced coding skills.
- bug 795002 Improve detection of valid feed urls in messengerdnd.js (Port relevant bits of bug 737115).
- bug 986509 On Linux GTK/KDE with zebra striping for trees and menulists when focus is lost the selected row highlight is also lost.
- bug 986889 sidebarOverlay.js#1653 should be using urlLit, not titleLit. (One line typo fix)
Needs investigation/QA wanted?
- bug 986548 SeaMonkey 2.25 always crashes when trying to access email.
- Need to followup on bug 964182 with mozilla/core developers.
- bug 986816 when starting with mail window: some contents missing. (Intermittent bug).
- bug 987464 Build scripts for Seamonkey Linux X86_64 fail for2.28a1.
- bug 988599 new email window displays prior composed email.
- Workaround: set mail.compose.max_recycled_windows to 0.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 30 new, 8 fixed, 10 triaged.
- Low triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- New: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I’m sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding.
Modern Theme rework (Patrick Dempsey)
Ratty has been tracking the Modern theme rework by Patrick Dempsey. Here are his latest reports (See previous meeting notes for previous reports):
Here is a sample of taskbar and Window menu icons for Modern comparing the original Netscape 6 and current SeaMonkey icons at 200%. I’m attempting to come up with a standardized approach to building this style of icons as they are used heavily in Messenger for all of the little thread identifier icons.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Checkin-needed:(waiting for tree to be opened.)
- bug 840427 – Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
- bug 853720 – After bug 827446, SeaMonkey doesn’t know mozcrash.
- bug 908090 – ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5
- bug 922076 – Switch tests to using moz.build and manifests
- bug 934492 – Adjust the languages preference pane to take into account Bug 910192 which removes intl.charset.default and deduces the fallback from the locale
- bug 938673 – Add context menu to status bar padlock icon
- bug 949884 – disable pulseaudio in SeaMonkey
- bug 956007 – Remove front end for removed x-user-def font preferences
- bug 967492 – Remove “Personas” from Help (Update text)
- bug 970475 – Use unprefixed box-sizing internally
- Working On:
- bug 110904 – attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 507676 – Port |Bug 435804 – Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- bug 837649 – [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 – Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 863747 – Add option to disable Location bar history
- bug 918474 – Default Search dropdown doesn’t get refreshed after adding new search engine
- bug 928632 – When the birth year is empty, SeaMonkey puts 1900 and in English language
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 981444 Update en-GB for Gecko 29 – Late l10n change
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- bug 837408 Add en-GB locale to gaia
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.
- bug 943732 Port the new Character Encoding menu to SeaMonkey.
- This patch will need to be uplifted to comm-aurora. Also a bugfix needs to land on comm-beta.
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2.
Needs comm-beta uplift:
- bug 977048 Close icon only works for click-to-play plugins.
Fixed on mozilla-central:
- bug 948901 Character encoding menu doesn’t work correctly in the FTP directory view.
- bug 514280 NS_GET_IID can be used on classes which don’t actually declare their own IID.
Stalled due to broken test:
- bug 974824 Remove bogus sizetopopup attributes.
Fixed since the last meeting:
- bug 986400 Sync does not start in SeaMonkey 2.28a1.
- Update our front-end SyncUI code.
- Implement Fx Accounts (Branding? SM Accounts?).
- Preview lightweight themes (backgrounds) when View Apply Theme menu is active.
- confvars.sh needs updating.
- Did some reviews.
- Liason with contributor on theme updates.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- bug 989776 Move inline scripts for SeaMonkey’s main about.xhtml page into a separate file.
- bug 989777 Move inline scripts for SeaMonkey’s aboutPrivateBrowsing.xul page into a separate file.
- bug 989780 Untrust about:life and consider moving inline scripts and styles into separate files.
- all for bug 960566 Move inline scripts and styles into separate files for SeaMonkey privileged about: pages.
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
Any other business?
- Daylight Saving Time started in Europe last weekend. We have moved to 12:00 UTC with the April 1 meeting.
- [Ratty] KaiRo reminded us that we need to grow our contributor community. I’m not sure where we could discuss this. I have no idea on how to do this. Perhaps we can get some Engagement experts from Mozilla to give us some suggestions?
- [IanN] might have a chat with some people and see if they can point me in the right direction.
SeaMonkey Meeting Details