Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays – 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
SUMO: Search Hi-Jacking
- Issue: search hijacking in the address bar (typing something in the address bar doesn’t take you to google)
- Severity: 1500 per week (maybe 10% of support requests).
- Possible fixes:
- Make keyword.URL harder
- Detect redirects
- Find responsible extensions and blocklist based on “no surprises”
- Cheng will work with a team (Gavin + Sheila) to investigate/fix the issues
Notices / Schedule
- Firefox 10 beta 3 went out to the beta channel last Friday
- We’ll be tagging Firefox 10 beta 4 later today (1/10)
- Pushing hard to get the add-on hotfix into this beta for full end-to-end testing with our beta audience
- FF10 was (officially) announced as our first ESR today
- Our next checkpoint for unthrottling FF9.0.1 for desktop users is at today’s channel meeting (2:00PM PT in Warp Core)
- An informal post-mortem of FF9.0.1 will be held some time next week – we’ll be mostly focused on short-term changes to be made for FF10’s release (value of unthrottling, etc.)
- Code freeze for FF10 is 2012-01-20
- Go to build for FF10 release candidate will be 2012-01-23
- A decision about whether or not to ship add-ons compatible by default (and with what prefs set) will be made this same day
- Final sign-off for FF10 will be 2012-01-25
- Next source migration is 2012-01-31
- Windows update service landed last week (bug 481815)
- UAC dialog no more!
- Biggest step towards silent updates
- Asa and Chris Lee worked with engineering leads in the past few weeks to firm up our Firefox team priorities for 2012
- you’ll be hearing about that more in the coming weeks!
Firefox Developer Tools
- The Azure-Thebes wrapper has landed in mozilla-central, preffed off.
- This is the work required to get us using the new 2D API developed as part of the Azure project without changing our Thebes-using code.
- This will get us more performance and flexibility in the long run.
- Right now, it’s only on Windows Vista and 7, though that is going to change over the next few weeks.
- We need testers!
- If you’re using Windows Vista or 7 with hardware acceleration, create and set the boolean pref gfx.content.azure.enabled to true, and start reporting bugs!
- Patches Landed:
- Bug 714519 Weaken the quirks mode inline box model zeroing-of-containers when those containers have children that are vertical-align
- Bug 708036 Fix font size inflation in XUL
- Bug 695222 – Implement column-fill part of CSS3 multicol spec
- Bug 707855 – Clamp container size to device width to make font inflation less likely to cause problems on small screens.
- Bug 696585 – support pref(…) annotations in reftest manifest.
- Bug 711079 – move OTS from libxul to gkmedias.dll on Windows.
- Bug 668163 – Map ‘width’ and ‘height’ on <svg> into style to stop <svg>’s computed width/height fallback
- Bug 652550 – Give the text in prompts unicode-bidi: isolate. Bug 652550
- Standards/Spec Work:
- CSS3 Images (LC)
- CSS3 Text & Writing Modes (WD)
- Backgrounds & Borders (CR)
- Values & Units (WD)
- Nothing to report
- Lots of work going on to make our cycle collector pauses shorter (smaug, mccr8, bug 698919, bug 716598, etc.)
- Telephony has landed with basic capabilities. Doesn’t support multiple calls at the same time.
- Started work on Screen orientation API.
- Network information API ready to land but has dependencies.
- Some progress on backend parts of camera.
- using tracking-fennec=11+ to track bugs now, please request it
Security Review Needed but Unscheduled
- Review Needed
- There are several things that are marked as needing a review
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time|| Item|
|Mon Jan 09 / 13:00 PST|| Background Updates|
|Wed Jan 11 / 13:00 PST|| AVAILABLE SLOT|
|THU Jan 12 / 10:00 PST|| XHR NonPost (2nd review) / bug 598304 and bug 714302|
|Fri Jan 13/ 10:00 AM PST|| AVAILABLE SLOT|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review
- Release to be deployed on Friday to sync all timezones to UTC
- There will probably be 2h of down time on Friday am.
- Shouldn’t see any problems but MAY have a gap in reports that day – affect the crash numbers.
- Top crash list – http://bit.ly/vO7SxB
- bug 714320 – still no sign of signature on b3. Likely backout of bug 697215
- bug 683967 – current top crash – fixed but didn’t make it in b3.
- bug 711564 – mentioned last week on the top crash list. Mac only but pretty high on b3. Currently working on a fix.
- bug 716391 – new signature on 12/14 – startup crash. Was at #64 on b2 but #13 on b3. Should it be tagged top crash? Who can we assign it to?
- bug 715916 – new graphics issue in betas.
- bug 716939 – [@ je_free | nsZipReaderCache::`vector deleting destructor(unsigned int) ] startup crash that needs some correlations.
- bug 716945 – Still seeing that reduction in Flash crashes we noticed at the end of Oct.
- bug 712277 – Crash in nsCacheEntryDescriptor::nsCompressOutputStreamWrapper::Close @ MOZ_Z_adler32 – #9 overall crash
- bug 713140 Browser Crash [@ nsDownloadManager::RemoveDownloadsForURI(nsIURI*) ] – #2 overall crash
- bug 716289 – crash in nsCacheService::SearchCacheDevices
- Top crash list – http://bit.ly/tr4pBc
- Naoki’s weekly report – https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_09Jan2012#Reports.
- bug 711973 – Additions to the skip list to help us get to better stacks.
- https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrasher/byversion/FennecAndroid/12.0a1/7 – “empty signature” appearing at the top of the list.
- Q4 should be updated now
- Q1 should be draft by end of tomorrow