All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Bob Silverberg, a Web QA contributor, for his many contributed tests to the Mozilla.org project
Monday, 24 September
Privacy Friends Meeting, 1pm PST, SF Bay Bridge Room (3rd floor and dial-in) and MV Peanut Butter Jelly
Wednesday, 26 September
New WebFWD Class to be announced at http://blog.webfwd.org
Thursday, 27 September
SUMO Day this Thursday!
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- Nov 9 – 11, London, UK
- 800 developers + designers + educators + youth + journalists + you…
- …getting together for three days of design challenges, learning labs and fireside chats…
- …to make amazing things that can change the world.
Sound like fun? Register here now.
Or if you’re Mozilla staff and would like to attend:
- Get approval from your managers to cover travel & accommodation
- Sign up here when you know you’re coming
- Let us know how you’d like to plug in (run a session, volunteer, etc)
Speaker Location: Dietrich
- Lots of finishing moves as we close down the last feature work: FM Radio works, Music can play multiple songs in a row and shuffle and play all, SIM PIN support, can set wallpaper from Homescreen and settings, using default wallpapers or gallery, Email forwarding and reply-all support, default bookmarks available.
- Follow along via this sheet which tracks the progress of the built-in apps, the Basecamp blocker dashboard, the @hackb2g twitter account which tweets Gaia commits, and the B2G Desktop builds.
- A list of dogfooding tips. Think about which smartphone features you’re relying on for daily-use, and list them at the bottom!
Speaker Location: San Francisco
If you attended MozCamp Europe, please fill out the survey to help us improve future MozCamps. All survey responses are due by October 5th
The call for participation for MozCamp Asia (November 17-18th in Singapore) will be sent out later this week. Please send any questions to email@example.com
|Title||Presenter||Topic||Media|| More Details|
|Persona Beta Launch||Ben Adida||Persona Beta is launching this week! What have we built, why, and what to expect next.||https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iZRdpFvGKBj0_p5yDz5iyNddJ0PVRtNTPGSuZbMqlQE/edit|| https://login.persona.org|
|All new SUMO Site||Ibai on behalf of the SUMO Team||SUMO launched a brand new site last week. We want to explain why and what we build it.||https://support.mozilla.org|| https://blog.mozilla.org/sumo/2012/09/19/the-all-new-sumo/|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Selena Deckelmann||Laura Thomson||Mountain View|| Data Architect|
|Seth Fowler||Daniel Holbert||Mountain View|| Gecko / Layout|
|Dylan Oliver||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View|| Engineering Manager|
|Gabriele Svelto||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View|| Software Engineer, Boot to Gecko|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Facebook app v2 went out 9/20
- Mozillians (automation)
- resurrecting the suite to be used to help deploys
- working on release
- working on release
- automated testing ongoing to help test the Django rewrite: https://github.com/mozilla/socorro-crashstats
- First UI release went out successfully last week!
Automation & Tools
- Working on finishing the goals for Q3, things are trending toward done.
- Rolling out Datazilla code with metrics and web services to pull various statistics out of the system
- Automation Development Crew is helping craft some basic webRTC mochitests to help them get landed
- Bugzilla guys have a preview of some personal dashboards that they are working toward with the 4.2 release
- More information here
- Mozilla announces Firefox Health Report, will phone home with data to improve the browser
- Firefox: Users to provide feedback on software’s health and performance
Mountain View. The Firefox OS Marketplace needs your Apps. There’s never been a better time to Submit your app or encourage your app developer friends to build HTML5 web apps, especially in Spanish & Portuguese. Go to Firefox Marketplace
Want to see what the app will look like on the new phone? Check out r2d2b2g – an experimental add-on/app testing environment that installs a desktop build of b2g into your Firefox browser.
Our first graduated last week – view their accomplishments (and pix) at http://blog.webfwd.org/post/31738682930/our-first-class-brag-alert
Our next class starts October 1 – announcement coming on the WebFWD blog this Wednesday – meet our teams then!
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600