Video for today’s meeting
<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2010-08-30.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>
- Huge thanks to the Fx 4 Beta Website release team for an amazing turn around last week, staying up long hours and putting in tons of extra effort to make sure everything launched on time–thanks to Steven Garrity, Stephen Donner, Rhonda Spencer, Pascal Chevrel, Shannon Prior, Erica Jostedt and Rainer Cvillink for all their hard work.
- Thanks to Kohei Yoshino for filing bugs and submitting a patch on the Plugin Check project
- Thanks to wenzel, oremj, fox2mike, stephend, and krupa for working late to get the MDN site live last week… nice teamwork on IRC! – Jay
Monday, 30 August
- tree should re-open after tagging for Firefox 4 Beta 5
Tuesday, 31 August
Wednesday, 1 September
- Privacy brownbag (12:30 Pacific) (Harvey)
Thursday, 2 September
- Discussion for fans of Getting Things Done and anyone interested in improving workflow. Do you modify GTD to make it work more effectively in the Mozilla environment? Can our webtools and processes be improved to work better with GTD or even steer people toward healthy workflows? (12:30 Pacific, organized by Luis Villa and Jesse Ruderman.)
Friday, 3 September
Product Status Updates
- Now freezing for the 5th beta update – 13 blockers left, but we anticipate tag & build today
- Feature freeze moved to September 10th – not to accept new things but to get our existing work duly solidified
- Went to beta last Thursday
- We’re watching for regressions this week
- Still scheduled to ship on September 7th
- Draft schedule will come out this week
- Alpha release last week
- Beta code freeze Sept 7
- Thunderbird 3.1.3 about to go to beta
- sipaq stepping down as l10n lead; thanks for all the great work over the years, Simon!
- Folks interested in helping out in any way with Thunderbird localization, please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Older Branch Work
- Registration for Fall Semester of P2PU School of Webcraft is open
- Registration for the Drumbeat Festival has opened
- CrisisCamp: Great posts from Atul Varma and Mitchell Baker
- Sign up for the Drumbeat newsletter. Get the lowdown on Drumbeat projects
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Title||Presenter||Topic||Media|| More Details|
|ProfileManager||Jeff Hammel||The old profile manager is going out; meet the new profile manager (bug 539524)||Demo||info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Auto-tools/Projects/ProfileManager|
|New MDN website||Jay Patel||Announcing the new pages, forums and plans for the coming months.||Site: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/|| Provide feedback: http://mdn.uservoice.com/forums/51389-mdn-website-feedback-http-developer-mozilla-org|
Status Updates By Team
- Tb account provisioning add-on moving forward
- MuteThread 0.2 add-on released
- jcranmer working on UI for dynamic NSPR logging enabling/disabling
- Friday, issue with the
c01database cluster. Took down a number of websites that use this cluster.
- will investigate splitting sites between
c01and a new
- will investigate splitting sites between
- Amsterdam datacenter move: after a number of slips, it’s actually moving this week.
- site will go offline during Tuesday local time while hardware is moved
- users will be directed to US-based sites instead
- Try What You Want
- The TryChooser is running in production now which allows you to select the specific try builds/test/talos runs you want (as well as which platforms) in your hg commit comment. Please see documentation and give it a go! This new feature gives devs more self-serve tools, and with more people using it will save on builder cycles thus reducing try wait times.
- QA Org Highlights
- Cameron Dawson, Starts today
- Naoki Hirata, Starts today
- Anthony Hughes is now a Mozilla Employee!
- Browser Technologies
- Shipped Fennec 2.0alpha – blog post
- FF Home 1.02 Released to App Store
- Desktop Firefox
- shipped Firefox Beta 4
- shipped Firefox 3.6.9 and 3.5.11
- some press coverage from the Tomcat’s announcement
- QA Services
- Matt’s talk proposal “Crowd Source Testing, Mozilla Community Style” was accepted to the 5th Google Test Automation Conference, in Hyderabad, India Oct 28,29
Automation & Tools
- Profile manager demo today
- Grafx bot ready to go for beta 5
- Mozmill 1.5 released
- More information here
- New Firefox 4 beta unveils tab manager, sync
- Hands-on: Firefox 4 beta 4 brings Tab Candy and Sync
- Why Firefox 4 is now the browser to beat
- Firefox 4 beta 4 tackles browser tab chaos
- Firefox’s Awesome Tab Candy Renamed Panorama, to Be Included with Sync in Firefox 4
- Panorama: Mozilla’s Awesome Tab Feature Gets A Name And Included In Firefox 4
- Firefox 4 beta gets Sync and Tab Candy Tab Panorama
- Fourth Firefox 4 Beta Adds ‘Panorama,’ Hardware Acceleration
- Mozilla introduces Fennec Alpha for Android (2.0 or higher), Nokia N900
- Mozilla unveils Fennec Alpha web browser for Android
- Mozilla’s Fennec Mobile Browser Reaches Alpha For Android
- Mozilla Releases Fennec, Firefox Mobile Alpha for Android
- Mozilla Fennec: First Browser for Android with Support for Add-Ons
- Firefox Mobile comes to Android in ‘Fennec’
- Firefox Mobile 2.0 alpha (aka Fennec) hits Android and Maemo
- DjangoCon.us 2010 – September 7 – 9th; Portland Oregon – Sponsoring and a few Mozilla web devs will be in attendance
- OWASP AppSec USA 2010 – September 7-10th; Southern California – This year we will have a booth, we are an organizational supporter and we have a speaking slot. Follow the wiki for more updates on our presence.
- Renegade Craft Fair Chicago 2010 – September 11-12, 2010 – We will have a booth and be doing some innovative activities. Check out the wiki for more details Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- Y4IT 2010 – September 14-17, 2010; University of the Philippines Dilman, Quezon City Philippines – We are sponsoring and will have a table – the Philippines community will be representing Mozilla.
- Open Video Conference 2010 – October 1-2, 2010; New York, NY – Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- German Community Meetup 2010 – September 18-19 (Cologne, Germany) – 25 active German/Swiss/Austrian contributors gathering for 2-day workshop to discuss goals for next 2 quarters
- Bi-annual Aviary.Pl meeting – October 2-4 (Poznan, Poland) – 3-day workshop of active Polish contributors to review past 6 months and plan 6 months ahead
- HTTP requests (“network” messages) that are logged in the Web Console can now be inspected (view request and response headers, cookies, etc). Take a look in Firefox nightlies or the next beta update.
- Quite a bit of progress has been made on the Inspector. We expect this to land on mozilla-central this week.
Introducing New Hires
- Syed Albiz (intern with Release Engineering)
- Greg Koberger (Web Developer, AMO team)
- Richard Soderberg, Firefox Sync, Operations
- Naoki Hirata, Mobile QA
- Cameron Dawson, Firefox QA
- Anthony Hughes, QA Automation
- No updates this week. See the drumbeat update for other foundation news.