|Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1|| Thunderbird 3.1.11|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> Bwinton
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- No progress in development.
- Bwinton sent mockups of new provider-first design to providers.
- We’re hoping to rope squib into doing some work on it.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- EDS integration work is going full steam ahead
- The de-RDF’ing patch needs to be landed before July 5th if it’s going to make it to Ubuntu in time for us to make use of the EDS integration add-on.
- Address books are showing up – need to get contacts displaying properly, and we’ll be in good shape.
- There’s a weekly meeting with the Canonical folk on Wednesdays, 9AM EST, in #thunderbird-unity on Freenode.
- We’ll hear back about disk space by June 2nd.
Schedule and Progress
Version number changes being discussed on tb-planning.
These numbers aren’t on AMO yet.
Prepping first beta.
For Miramar tracking, use TB3.3 flags.
We have approval-comm-aurora, but no tracking flags yet.
- Next release ETA June 21.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Extension of the week
- Attachment Manager developed by a student from the National University of Singapore, changes the way you deal with attachment. A demo video is visible.
- Worked on TB 5.0b1
- Thunderbird ADUs: from 6.6MM to 7.0MM, ~40% of US users didn’t check email yesterday due to holiday.
- Prep for 5.0b1
- Continuing web site work. Got homepage designs/illustrations from Reach, getting feedback and working on other pages.
- Sumomo/Kitsune : Upgraded
Build / Release Update
- Working through issues with Thunderbird 5.0b1 signing/updates. Will announce build ASAP.
- Tracked down some intermittent kitsune bugs, merged l10n stuff
- Still working on AMO discovery pane bug, should be done this week
- Octopuses rule.
- TB 5 documentation
- contact with Vancouver Ubuntu user group (per Roland’s suggestions)
- get involved with Mozilla community engagement group
- start integrating Thunderbird into Mozilla community engagement pages
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1291 new support topics – Media:23-29May2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- SuMoMo migration to Kitsune KB migration done! Check it out at support.mozillamessaging.com. All locales with significant localization have been “Thunderbird”-ized (if your locale is missing, love to have your locale! Please post to our remaining locales to be localized Kitsune forum and email rtanglao AT mozilla.com). Future improvements are being tracked in bug 645198: Q2 Kitsune improvments bug
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Can we get some of the FF info around release numbers, to answer some of the questions we’re getting.
Canary might be available in less than a month.
mconley, bwinton, bienvenu, standard8, usul, gozer, jhopkins, rolandtanglao, rebron, jenzed, sancus