|Thunderbird 5.0 Final Beta|| Thunderbird 3.1.11|
|ETA: this week||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> Roland
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree, Archaeopteryx, for timely Lightning reviews
When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
No change since last week.
- contracts w/3rd party email providers progressing
- security reviews
Most bugs resolved; still working on a new UI for setting the default search engine.
Final polish, locale fixes, 2.0 is released, I’ll blog about it when 5.0 is announced. A few bugs on the Thunderbird side are about to land, need some action on my side ([Bug 662792] Thunderbird (too) aggressively marks messages as read after display, [Bug 611458] Add Ability to Print Summary of Collapsed Threads in Message Pane). These will improve the interaction between Conversations and Thunderbird. Please do report any issue you see on the GitHub bugtracker!
Compose in a tab
Thread on tb-planning summing up the issues, gathering various opinions and feedback. I’ll probably try to bundle compose in a tab + another editor see if the integration goes better.
- Version 1.0 released! (But still awaiting review…)
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- De-RDFing patch is still going through the final stages of review – need to merge it soon!
- Our first status checkpoint with Canonical is this Thursday, June 30th. EDS contact integration is on track.
- Lightning integration was discussed last week with Fallen and Chris Coulson. Chris will be developing an EDS Provider for Lightning soon.
- Messaging Menu and Unity Launcher extensions are now bundled with TB 5.0 in Ubuntu Oneiric!
Schedule and Progress
Thunderbird 5 (Miramar)
- Miramar nightlies have been stopped.
- Looking at redirecting the Miramar nightly users to the Earlybird channel so that they end up somewhere.
- Earlybird is the name for the Thunderbird builds on the Aurora channel
- Merge date to beta channel – 5th July next week.
- Standard8 will be looking at bugs and issues for TB 6/7 this week.
- Currently on comm-central.
- Merge date – feature & string freeze – 5th July.
- Released 3.1.11 last week.
- Firefox have scheduled the next 1.9.2 release for August 16th.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Extension of the week
- Mail summaries Give you nice stats on your accounts :
- % of replies versus sent
- disk occupation
- Worked on 5.0
- Thunderbird 5, today
- Web site, now on mozilla.org/thunderbird
- press outreach
- Backed out: bug 656049 c-c:0f79491664e9 client.mk can now invoke client.py for comm-central builds via .mozconfig: Waiting on a better implementation, caused some confusion to developers with spurious error messages
- More Mac Minis will be coming to the mac pools
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 5.0 final released
- automatic blocklist updates should land this week
- webpage is moved and functioning on mozilla.org stage. The homepage and in-product pages are done, other parts that don’t need l10n will be done by the end of this week.
* http://www-stage.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ * http://www-stage.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/5.0/start * http://www-stage.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/5.0/whatsnew
- localization is in progress
- met with moco webdev/engagement to discuss bedrock, the Django rewrite of mozilla.com/org
- Fixed AMO bug to add Thunderbird collection for the discovery pane
- new KB article: How to send large attachments
- ongoing integration of Thunderbird into Mozilla sites (tracking document)
- contributor engagement (case study for contributor group)
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1675 new support topics (1312 last week) – Media:20-26June2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 5 Support Issues – nothing found in beta
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Sometime late on June 22, 2011, the Yahoo mail POP Server was updated and SSL stopped working for all Email clients including Thunderbird 3.1.11, Apple Mail.app and Outlook. Yahoo rolled back to their old server on Friday June 25, 2011 thanks to Yahoo support [bug 667057,Get Satisfaction Yahoo POP outage due to upgrade June 22, 2011 ]
- Release is on AMO, release notes and blog post will follow this evening
- Slight issues with AMO policies (mostly, communication and short notice)
- At least one known issue, we need better QA, be it automated or not.
- Focus on infrastructure and fixing any urgent regression from 1.0b4
- We need unit and mozmill tests to work!
- If build automation would be producing releases faster, we might be able to do releases more often.
- Get Summer of Code Projects into the tree
- Further planning TBD.
Summer of Code
- Mohit has preliminary offline sync binaries available, see http://mozillagsoc.blogspot.com/2011/06/binaries-are-online-solely-for-getting.html
- Lenni is now concentrating on the UI part of his project instead so we can easier integrate with EDS later on.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- sid0: MozMill upgrade to 1.5.4.
- Either (a) check patch into all trees (risky) or (b) check MozMill into comm-central.
- Semi-working patch for option (b).
rolandtanglao, standard8 aka Mark Banner, sancus, gozer,jenzed, fallen aka Philipp Kewisch, mconley, sid0, bwinton, jb, bienvenu, ludo, jhopkins, sancus, rebron