(current release schedules returning soon)
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> Bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
- No nominations this week.
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- The Privacy Review Documentation is written. Next step: schedule the review.
- This feature now has a Draft Schedule:
- Write Technical Documents. (2011-07-18)
- Get Privacy Review. (2011-07-29)
- Get Security Review. (2011-07-29)
- Make changes as required by Privacy and Security Reviews. (2011-08-09)
- Merge add-on code into core: (2011-08-15)
- Remove unused parts of the code.
- Refactor pieces to use the built-in functions.
- Re-style to blend better with the rest of the UI.
- Get core patch reviewed, and make required changes. (2011-09-12)
- Get core patch committed. (2011-09-26 = Final Merge day – 1)
- Release the hounds! (2011-12-20 = Release Day for TB 9)
- No progress, as I’ve been concentrating on the Account Provisioner.
- I should really release an update to the addon this week, though, to pick up Squib’s changes.
Nice progression of the userbase, went from ~2000 users on the 2.0 series to ~32000 (nice!). Lots of press coverage (lifehacker, lifehacker japan) which certainly helped.
- reply button near the top of the message (http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/improvements_for_thunderbird_conversations)
- https://github.com/protz/GMail-Conversation-View/issues/309 (help welcome for that one)
Redirected the feedback to getsatisfaction (see http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/tags/conversations); any help is welcome. About to issue 2.0.7 to change the “would you like to leave some feedback” link to point to getsatisfaction.
Compose in a tab
- About ready to release version 1.1; just waiting to get some additional testing before uploading to AMO (probably on Friday). See bug 489999 for the XPI.
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Spent most of last week tackling EDS address book authentication, which is now working.
- The deadline to demonstrate add/write capability for the EDS add-on is August 4th. I seem to be on track.
Schedule and Progress
Thunderbird 5 (Miramar)
- Currently doing throttled major updates as we keep an eye out for any stability issues. Should be opening it up later this week.
- Miramar nightlies have been stopped, redirecting users to early bird – It’s a a two stage process you’ll need to update twice to get there.
- Thunderbird 6.0b1 is being build and tested – should be released by the end of the week, but we’re aiming for Wednesday morning.
- Firefox have scheduled the next 1.9.2 release for August 16th.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
Extension of the week
- Mailbox Alert allows you to specify, for each seperate mail folder, a message, sound and/or a system command that will be executed when new mail is found there.
- Validating 6.0b1
- 6.0b1 this week.
- Scoping out Test Pilot studies.
- On-site all week in MV
- Network rewiring completed
- New build capacity should come online this week
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 6.0b1 pushed to test channels. Preparing for release to beta channel.
- Testing upstream buildbotcustom changes. Will need a buildbot master downtime window to deploy them.
- Win32 build slaves are now using the NTFS filesystem (was: FAT32).
- Fixed a few bugs on the new site, and updated l10n merges.
- Learned how to update the web l10n dashboard!
- Started discussion on moving sumomo to mozilla.org
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 2013 new support topics (1478 two weeks ago) – Media:11-17July2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 5 Support Issues – thanks to cameleon and tanstaafl for helping keep the page current
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- DRAFT Thunderbird 6 User Features Page for TB 6 docs, draft page for TB 7, draft page for TB8
- Some urgent bugs showed up post 1.0b4 (Don’t you love that “beep” ? ;-)
- They all have fixes now, spinning 1.0b5
- Update: Bugs fixed in this release are here
- Builds temporarily available at:
- Mac unified: http://mozilla.kewis.ch/1.0b5rc1/lightning-all-mac.xpi
- Linux unified: http://mozilla.kewis.ch/1.0b5rc1/lightning-all-linux.xpi
- Windows is still building
All builds will of course move to ftp.mozilla.org when done.
Please take a moment to test these builds!
- We want to get 1.0 out as fast as possible. The current blocking list is too long, I will go through those bugs and throw out as many as possible.
- Blocking 1.0 list here
- Lets talk about how reasonable my decisions are when I have the list
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
bienvenu bwinton jb ludo roland mconley reid fallen gozer jhopkins rebron sancus