Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> bwinton
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Reports of slowness with Test Pilot studies.
- Bugfixing and polish continues, as usual
- We’re getting pretty close to finishing – most remaining bugs have patches, and are just being iterated on.
- Please keep testing!
- Still polishing and fixing bugs.
- Things landing on Aurora.
- Thanks for all the feedback!
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 24th April
- For information about channels, point people here – http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Another beta this week.
- Maybe another next week.
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
Extension of the week
- Edit html source when composing html messages sometimes you want to control the html that you are sending (adding tags that are not available in the UI for instance). This is the tool that just lets you do that. Makes your html emails prettier, add mathml into your messages.
- Working on usual things
- We have a Testday centered around Instant Messaging this week please consder spending a few hours playing with this new feature of Thunderbird and filling bugs.
- Currently doing a limited users test with Thunderbird Daily version to get feedback about Chat feature implementation
- Finalized communication around 3.1 End of Life on April 24th. Facebook post
- Working on Engagement program to increase number of Thunderbird contributors across the board
Build / Release Update
- Initial cut of Thunderbird configs in mozilla-tests/* passed checkconfig (on dev-master01).
- Thunderbird 11.0.1 released
- Thunderbird 3.1.20->11.0.1 major updates released
- Thunderbird 12.0 beta 3 this week
- New Start Page went through a bunch of iteration, now scales based on window size
- New Start EOL #2 for Thunderbird 3.1 is copied over and ready to go for localization, filing bugs after the meeting
- Already live in en-US: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/3.1/starteol2/
- Next Thunderbird Support Day will be Wed April 25th the day after TB12 release.
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- working on TB 3.1->TB11 Upgrade Video
- 1437 new support topics (1384 one week ago ) – Media:26March-01April2012-GS-TB-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 11 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb11
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Looking for a GSOC student to work on a TB support dashboard
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.