Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> Sancus
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- We’re in the final stages of polish – patches are queued for review and iteration.
- Spideroak has posted the first draft of a patch to include support for their service
- UbuntuOne is also hard at work on an implementation
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: April 24th
- For information about channels, point people here – http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- b4 build will come out later this week
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
Extension of the week
- Folder in tabs. Will let you add Folders in tab for easy access to your folder. Very practical if you have plenty of folders.
- Thanks to the participants to the testday on Instant Messaging in Thunderbird – we found a number of very interesting bugs.
- If you want to help our testing effort either
- Follow us on twitter we are @mozthunderbird
- Kick started Thunderbird engagement program – Public communication will start next week on blog and Facebook
- Thank you to all for having participated in the Chat feature survey. We have more elements to focus on fine tuning the feature now!
- Thunderbird Start page to change next week
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 12.0 beta 4 build needed this week
- Thunderbird 12.0 beta 3 released last week (catlee can now do TB releases)
- Focusing on getting TB+FF integration work (so far) landed this week
- endless saga of the new start page
- We have about 15 languages done for the 3.1 EOL Warning page, thanks to localizers. These are being merged as they come in.
- Nightly updates script going through security review, will be hosted with a new SSL certificate
- We have a freelancer getting started on a new Lightning Logo, see bug 723270.
- We have one GSoC applicant who wants to work on improving invitations support, ludovic will mentor.
- l10n issues that will force us to install l10n-merge into the build process, see bug 736717.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.