- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
We have three friends of the tree this week:
John Slater nominates Stephen Donner and Pascal Chevrel for Friend of the Tree saying, “Both of them have gone completely above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that the new mozilla.com works properly and will be available to all our worldwide users with the Firefox 3 launch. Stephen has sorted through dozens and dozens of QA bugs for the en-US site and the localized versions, and Pascal has coordinated a massive localization effort that includes mozilla.com, Download Day, Firefox 3 and all its in-product pages, and much more.”
Several people wrote in to nominate Deb Richardson for her amazing Firefox 3 Field Guide. Amazing, amazing work. Obviously a labor of love and it really shows. If you haven’t seen this blog post, go check it out today! http://www.dria.org/wordpress/archives/2008/06/12/655/
Tb Major Update / Fx 126.96.36.199 / TB 188.8.131.52
Shipped Thunderbird Major Update on Monday, 6/9 at about 2:30pm. Go QA! Props! Initial results look like we cut the number of Thunderbird 1.5 users in half (or close to it).
Firefox 184.108.40.206 is on track for release next Tuesday. We’re planning on going to beta this Wednesday.
Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 has its schedule in the wiki but might moved out a day or two, depending on Firefox 18.104.22.168. We’ll keep release-drivers updated as we find out more.
- Improved IMAP delete / move response significantly. See bug 435153.
- Code is now in today’s nightlies.
- Currently tracking 11 blockers for Gecko 1.9.1
- 45 wanted for 1.9.1 bugs.
- New interns arrived today:
- Bobby Holley
- Joel Galenson
- Keith Schwarz
- SHIP IT!
Milestone M4 scheduled for Friday June 20. By clicking on “M4″ at the right hand side, you will get a list of the issues for this milestone.
- Most of the IT team onsite this week in support of the release.
- Storage issues fixed – http://blog.mozilla.org/justin/2008/06/16/build-storage-issues-resolved/
- NetApp woes solved (!!!)
- FF22.214.171.124 going to beta wednesday (not doing two releases on the same day!)
- TB126.96.36.199 using automation
- alice, coop, morgamic starting on graph server – any / all help very very welcome!
Firefox/Thunderbird 2.0.0.x [ss, abillings]
- Finished Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206 Major Update testing!!
- Firefox 220.127.116.11- Bug verification, Smoketests, l10n tests
- Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 – created test plan.
- Completed RC3 testing: Bug Verification, Smoketests for Mac 10.5.3 and 10.4, Update Tests, Live Tests
- Shipped RC3 on 6/11! Amazing build/test/web work done within 24 hours.
- Monitoring RC3 feedback
- Breakpad crash reporter: Worked with morgamic to push for the build ID patch we need. If we can’t search by build ID, it’ll be hard to distinguish between RCs. [cc]
- 17 new leak bugs! Total from tomcat is now 306
- There are several accessibility bugs we think are important and have been nominated
- Looking into mochitest for leak testing automation [tomcat]
- Making progress with code coverage analysis with gcov. We have given up on bullseye for our purposes. [ctalbert]
- Completed the initial usable version of Gristmill. Sample tests are available. A demo for the initial users of the tool, the Test Execution Team, is ready. This will be conducted after the 22.214.171.124 push.
- Developing automation for accessibility tests [marcoz]
- Another successful test day on Friday. Topic was RC3 testing. See litmus results.
- The QA Companion extention has been updated with fix to bug 434584 along with Accessibility Improvements [ctalbert, marcoz]
- Betatesters – The second Firefox 3 Beta tester survey is live! Over 300 responses so far!! We sent this to the betatesters@ mailing list. But anyone is invited to take the survey. Some standard reports are here:
- Security Process kick-off for Fennec
- USA Today photographer on site today
- Gearing up for Firefox 3 launch day
- Reminder about press attending Download Day
- Four BusinessWeek pieces: one podcast, one on Mobile, two on FF3
- Portfolio article on Firefox 3
- Stevie American Business Award: won Most Innovative Company – Up to 2,500 Employees and Finalist in Best Product Development Team category
- Paul Kim in Businessworld article on “Co-creating Brands”
- Additional Walt Mossberg mention
- Firefox 3 Parties underway:
- 582 parties registered
- Over 3,500 party goers
- Campus Rep Ebenezer Laryea just hosted one in India.
- The site is ready for launch!
- Firefox 3 product help finally links to SUMO again after an incredible team effort by morgamic, laura, oremj, justin, lorchard, xb95, nkoth, and np.
- Anyone wants to help out with Live Chat or monitoring the support forum?
- People can get invites from Live Chat using a standard jabber client
- Or people can download the full client and help out in a more direct way too
- Knowledge Base content is updated for Firefox 3
- Support for Firefox 2 kept
- SUMO automatically detects what version of Firefox a user is running and displays the relevant content
- Updated screenshots for Firefox 3
- Welcome Blake Cutler, our analytics-marketing intern
- Work on MDC upgrade to Deki is paused until after Firefox 3 ships, to let IT and webdev focus their attention on that.
- Ramping up the processes for making sure that Shiretoko (FF 3.1) gets documented properly.
- Asa and Seth will be working with two interns this week on compiling info about community contribution to the various aspects of Mozilla project
- Asa and Seth will be hosting Air Mozilla live all day tomorrow at Mozilla MV office
- Working to get more translations of the FF3 Field Guide done (4 already, plus one underway!)
- Putting some presentations and speaker notes on the nascent Evangelism library — please get in touch with Deb if you’d like to help transcribe or otherwise package presentations for others to use.
- MFinkle started a webapp that generates scaffolding for Mozilla-based projects (add-ons, XUL applications and JS XPCOM components). We will be launching the project (codename ‘casserole’) & opening up development to volunteers.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- AMO 3.4.3, 3.4.4 pushed
- SUMO linked to in-product help
- Scalability and preparation for launch
- Download Day mass emails, site updates and preparation for the Big Show
- mozilla.com updates and prep for launch of redesign
- Resolved our Fx3 blockers
- Other general prep for launch tomorrow
- 1300+ addons ready for Firefox 3
- ~75% of add-on usage ready for Firefox 3
- Google Toolbar, Firebug, Greasemonkey, and more!
Firefox 3 – final preparations
- Pascal completed international product pages on the 48 locales that we are shipping (plus 2 betas sl and si), those two have web pages but their pages were created late and not really tested so they probably have some visual bugs here and there, and we finished work on the mozilla-europe website for the launch including new design.
- Stuff still to do:
- release notes for localization last Friday (thanks Mike), we should have them ready for launch for 8 to 10 Tier 1/2 locales
- axel/mic started updating documentation to ensure all new localizer teams have latest information for building out for Fx3 and not Fx2
- Firefox 3.1 localization; no progress made, Axel called out for some help in .planning
Locales to shout out!
- Bulgarian, has resurfaced and is working again on build for shipping in 3.0.1
- Community portal – team has met with dboswell, jslater, fantasai, sheppy, sam sidler on new mozilla.org redesign and with JSlater on get-involved mozilla.com pages – there are some synergies in the efforts that are being explored to share efforts; gandalf and seth are working on creating a community pack that includes templates for local websites, clarification on support for hosting, instructions on (link to) how to access the l10n server, potential PR templates, link to other Mozilla services for l10n community members like event supports, swag, and community giving/empowerment program; more to come
More details on what we’re working on can always be found on our weekly meeting notes
- Grants and related activities
- Gary Bishop of the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill published information on the atool project, a follow-on project to an earlier Mozilla Foundation-funded project to enable people with physical disabilities to do keyboard input using commodity webcam hardware.
- Legal issues
- CAs and related issues
- Kathleen Wilson updated the pending CA request list to reflect current information received from CAs; she’s still waiting on information from several CAs.
- Public communication
- David participated in a planning meeting on www.mozilla.org changes.
- David also had a call with SethB, Gandalf, and Mic about community content ideas for www.mozilla.org.
- Zak continued preparing for the FOSSCoach event at OSCON.
- Upcoming activities
- The Mozilla Foundation will be a sponsor of the Personal Democracy Forum conference (June 23-24 in New York). Brian Behlendorf will be speaking, and Frank is also planning to attend if possible.
- David, Gerv, and Zak will be attending OSCON (July 21-25 in Portland OR) and the Firefox Summit (July 29-31 in Whistler BC). Frank will be attending the Firefox Summit but not OSCON.