- WebApps experience for Android continues to improve with bug 933979 – Uninstalled webapps take up a lot of space
- Sync is still converging, looks healthy overall
- There’s been a bit of gfx related activity for Fx30, landings:
- bug 988370 – Regression: position: fixed element corruption when panning and (uplift to Fx30) and bug 983208 – Regression: Panning and zooming yields flickering and or vanishing content
- GFX WIP: bug 988882 – Regression: fixed position header and site interaction broken on DuckDuckGo Goodies; content hidden behind the address-bar
- bug 989278 – Scrolled page in Readermode produces banner strip artifact
- bug 986991 – Text entry fields ‘refreshing’ in weird manner
- Landed in FxTeam bug 968308 – UI telemetry for home panels
- Nice bug fix for bug 976723 – Selection handle scrolls outside boundary of <input> on page scroll also landed in FXTeam, we’ll see how it looks to uplift
- add-on debugger! ( related: Addon Builder is offline and redirecting to MDN )
- some interest from the Fennec team in leveraging this fine work.
- innovative new look introduced(screenshot) and then reverted after both good and bad feedback.
- quiet week for devtools (chaos everywhere else).
- upcoming events: speaking at JSConf *and* CSSConf in May, keynote at ScotlandJS.
Snippet Survey live on 28 now. Report soon.
General Australis sentiment has been trending up from nightly -> Aurora -> Beta, we have a general snippet survey launching soon in Beta to give us a better overall picture of what users are saying.
The UI Tour is positively received by users who take it, and does seem to help the learning curve for those users that finish the tour. Says one user: “It felt like a whole new level of support from Mozilla. It felt user-friendly in a way I am not used to from Firefox.”
No major updates at this time, beginning to do research on running surveys for Android users soon.
UX & User Research
See what we’re all up to!
Actions this week
- Tyler to dig in on Sync feedback on beta, since reports so far have focused on Australis
Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays – 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details – NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL