Meeting Notes Meetings notes from the Mozilla community


SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2008-09-23

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Benjamin Smedberg @ 11:00 pm


From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Action Items

  • any?

SeaMonkey 2 Alpha

open blockers
all blockers
blocker requests

We have 2 open blockers right now:

  • bug 427817 Legacy Prefwindow removal: almost done.
  • bug 450205 Removing feed detection for Alpha 1: will be checked in for release only.


All SeaMonkey-specific patches until Alpha 1 is actually cut (unfreezing) need approval-seamonkey2.0a1+ (or being for blocking-seamonkey2.0a1+ bugs)!

  • KaiRo will coordinate with the Council and the Mozilla build team on where/when to cut Alpha and how to do that and builds.
    • builds will created manually on the machines that also do the nightlies.
  • Release notes
    • We need to gather a list of major changes to 1.1.x that this Alpha contains.
      • Contacted Jens Hatlak, who does trunk status blogs
    • Should we restructure relnotes completely? Who can help with that?

Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted
wanted requests

Major wanted/needed features:

  • bug 381157 Download manager.
    • Status/Progress?
  • bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
    • No progress
  • bug 382187 Places history.
    • Status/Progress?
  • bug 36810 Session restore.
    • Status: Waiting for reviews.

Other topics:

  • Toolkit feature-freeze (beta 1 code freeze) now Sept 30th – what needs to land before that from our POV?
    • Toolbar customization patch, bug 407725, waiting for gavin’s review
  • Documentation should be redone, we need someone to work on that
    • one idea is to auto-import in-product help pages to website but someone would need to write up a script to do that.
    • Another idea is migrating end-user documentation from to, reworking it to be current – help wanted!
    • Yet another idea would be to set up the SUMO system for SeaMonkey to get a knowledge base and web forums (we probably don’t have the manpower for live chat support), some lose contact to SUMO people is here, but also help needed.


Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status)






  • Landed calendar on comm-central
  • Worked on porting mozilla-central build system changes to comm-central and clean up comm-central build system code
  • Alpha 1 triage as well as poking and pushing people to get the last blockers fixed
  • More work on improving trunk L10n build infrastructure
  • Tried to get unit test boxes green and almost succeeded (review on last piece pending)
  • Work for getting 1.1.12 release done
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work



  • bug 36810 (session restore)
  • bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar)
  • bug 455877 (port Bug 254714 to SeaMonkey)
  • Bug reporting and bug triage.







  • Have been working on switching TB to toolkit autocomplete interfaces, which should also benefit SeaMonkey.


Any other business?

  • Modern Update: Kuden says mozapps is 60% done (2008-09-11). Ratty

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress