SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 17 April, 2012, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- Who’s taking minutes? -> TBD
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- IanN to arrange with Jeff to send a tee-shirt or something to Serge (FotFT).
- No response from Serge to email, will try contacting on IRC.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 2.9b3 shipped April 14, including a major MailNews dataloss bugfix bug 730947.
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Lightning 1.4b3 fixed the issues with localized builds.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 2.8 had ~85,300 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.8 has had ~162,300 downloads so far (~62k in the last 2 weeks).
- Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 14.7% on 2.0, 5.7% on 2.1-2.3, 3.8% on 2.4, 3.1% on 2.5, 5.0% on 2.6, 7.0% on 2.7 and 60.8% on 2.8. So, in the last two weeks, ~1k (an additional 0.9% of ADU) have migrated to 2.6 or above.
- Still a large, but slowly decreasing, chunk of users on 2.0.x.
- Figure out what is preventing people from moving from 2.0.x to the latest versions.
- Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.)
- Perhaps putting resources into getting certain extensions working with SM 2.4 and above (those that won’t work with SM 2.7 automatically due to compatible-by-default extensions).
- Still need volunteers to look at what is keeping people at below 2.4. IanN could try knocking something up and send it round members lists for polishing but he’s not on all the channels (mozillazine, etc) to post it to when finished.
- Are some Linux distributions are still stuck on 2.0? We have data on OSes and OS versions in the raw data in the Mozilla metrics.
- metrics.mozilla.org now provides us a breakdown of versions against OS.
- There seems to be a very small number of 2.0.x users on OSes not supported by later versions. We even have some users on windows 7 using 2.0x! Fortunately Windows 8 users are at least using 2.7.
- Darwin 9.8 is last version with PPC support, so those people may stuck on old versions because of that.
- Ian will do some working on comparing profile of 2.0.x users against 2.8 ones.
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- One tracked 2.5 issue still open.
- 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14 and the ka l10n maintainers have not yet updated for changes in later SeaMonkey versions.
- Callek now needs to morph bug 667147 into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales). Callek will look at best locale to transition any ka users to.
- Plan is to migrate ka users to en-US with a english dialog saying they are out of date, and a link to the all-locales page if there is a language they understand better. Current ADU of ka alone is 3-5 individuals, so low impact.~Callek
- Callek and ewong are working on this and they should be able to get this done by the time 2.9 ships.
- One regression issue noted for 2.8: bug 735946 Browser is not not focused when opening links from external applications. Fixed on 2.9+.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 21 new, 21 fixed, 28 triaged.
- Good triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable – Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 745102 seabld’s key isn’t properly set in symbolpush.mozilla.org from cn-sea-qm-win2k3-01.nl.mozilla.org.
- bug 741082 [sea-win32-02] “create aus previous upload dir failed”.
- bug 722767 – Change buildbot configs to upload symbols to symbols1.dmz.phx1.mozilla.com
- Needs Review:
- bug 667327 – Data Manager Allows Passwords to Be Copied Without Input of Master Password
- Working On:
- bug 574955 – Make webconsole work in SeaMonkey
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Checked in with rs but waiting for review:
- bug 725093 Update en-GB for Gecko 12.0 (mozilla-aurora)
- bug 725109 Update en-GB for Firefox 12.0 (mozilla-aurora)
- bug 725111 Update en-GB for Editor 12 (comm-aurora)
- bug 725121 Update en-GB for Thunderbird 12.0 (comm-aurora)
- bug 725179 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.9
- bug 725187 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.9 Help
- bug 725363 Update en-GB for Calendar/Lightning 1.4
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- Waiting for dependent bug to be checked in:
- bug 720661 Display account central when no default account / no accounts setup
- Waiting for additional review on:
- Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
- bug 689253 Update en-GB for Mobile 10.0 (comm-aurora)
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Knock something up finding out why users are not upgrading to 2.4+ and send it around members lists for polishing.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.
- bug 745014 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.9 Beta 3
- bug 744702 Port |bug 731494 – Refactor generic code from services/sync into services/common|
- bug 743312 Implement click-to-play plugins (port FF bug 711552 and bug 744964)
- bug 713454 Please create SubDomain entry for stage.seamonkey-project.org and point it at Jens’s Staging Site
- bug 684746 Data Manager doesn’t support many content blocker permissions.
- bug 743209 Opening a new tab will open a new window if browser window is minimized.
- bug 71008 [RFE] Account Wizard should allow setting of different SMTP server.
- bug 745447 XUL progress meter layout should match HTML [Core::XUL].
- bug 708260 Make the spell checking UI not hold on to a document in memory when spelling suggestion is invoked through the context menu.
- bug 724331 TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochitests/content/browser/suite/browser/test/browser_bug427559.js | an unexpected uncaught JS exception reported through window.onerror – executeSoon is not defined at …./suite/browser/test/browser_bug427559.js:56.
- bug 742777 A couple of minor tweaks to the Media Tab.
- bug 731264 Support with multiple toolboxes in MailNews due to Lighting Calendar and Task Tabs.
- bug 694786 Remove hard coded dependency on xpinstallItemGeneric.png from notification.xml.
- Did some reviews and coding mentoring.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 645922 Remove js_TryJSON and JS_TryJSON
- bug 728930 Move Mozconfigs into Source Tree
- bug 736864 Port |Bug 736770 – –disable-updater packaging errors| to SeaMonkey
- bug 740337 Port |Bug 678695 – Settings API| to SeaMonkey
- bug 741068 “err is not defined” at “nsSuiteGlue.js line: 752″
- bug 741215 Port |Bug 736519 – jssubloader files are not packaged properly| to SeaMonkey
- bug 743677 Port |Bug 702639 – Kill excludeItemsIfParentHasAnnotation query option| to SeaMonkey
- bug 744026 Port |Bug 743428 – make package fails on platforms where profiler is not available| to SeaMonkey
- bug 732027 Port |Bug 575955 – Replace internal usage of old transactions shim, add a new toolkit test| to SeaMonkey
- bug 732749 client.py: review SeaMonkey policy about which extension revisions are packaged
- bug 739041 Port |Bug 482911 – [HTML5] Re-implement bookmarks.html parsing using the HTML5 parser| to SeaMonkey. (test_384370.js + 3 other failures)
- bug 743692 Port |Bug 493557 – “Recent Tags” and “Recently Bookmarked” are flipped when smart bookmarks are updated| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed Core bugs:
- bug 621347 [SeaMonkey, WINNT 5.2, Debug] mochitests-1: intermittent “test_ws_basic_tests.html | Test timed out” (happened in mozilla2.0b9)
- bug 637101 (Try to) Ensure screenshots on test timeouts are not taken too late
- bug 739687 [SeaMonkey] test_classifier.html and test_classifier_worker.html fail
- bug 740769 [Thunderbird, OSX 10.6] Intermittent “test_bug325418.js | test failed (with xpcshell return code: 0)” + “TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | undefined | 2 == true”
- Fixed other projects bugs:
Fixed bug 735946: SM 2.8 Mac – SM Not Returned to Open from Minimize to Dock.
Business as usual.
Any other business?
- Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.
- For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we’re not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
- No news to date. Callek will have to reach out to his MoCo legal contact again soonish.
- Test failures
- qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.
- Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
- tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
- IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
- Serge to do a write up and send it to Ratty to propagate to the community.
- Ratty is still waiting for Serge.